Thread: Best buy laptop

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best buy laptop

so....bestbuy laptops.. Are they even worthlooking into I have around a1k budget and I wasn't a decent laptop aka good for gaming also as in high settings no lag bs

Check out Asus, MSI. Also there are a select few big company good laptops (HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc,...)

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

If you want a good laptop for gaming I suggest this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834246132

Nothing at best buy will compare to that.

If you want a higher resolution you could go with:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834220997
    or
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834220996
    or
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834215123

though they aren't as good in the cpu/gpu department.. they'd still do pretty well for gaming on.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best buy has some decent laptops, as far as price goes you would have to price compare. I have found sometimes they have been able to beat some competitors. As far as a decent laptop at Bestbuy for gaming this one is fairly nice with a 560 gpu and the I7 2630. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+L...&skuId=2712579

Again you may be able to find it cheaper elsewhere, but if you were planning on buying there because of same as cash deal etc that laptop above is pretty nice its a Asus of course.
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?

bump for more feedback please...

Mod Warning: Do not bump posts.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-08-22 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davetron View Post
    bump for more feedback please...
    You've gotten all the information you need in the post just above yours.

Yet you break forum rules by bumping? If you have to buy one from BestBuy, buy the ASUS one from the post above yours.

sorry about the bump, just wondering how would this work with wow or any other high end games

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC...co=MjM2MTA1MjI

macs are usually not thee best for gaming

The two laptops I have boughten both came from Best Buy and in the same price range as 1k. They were both Toshiba Satellites and have turned me into a Toshiba fan. My first one was like $900 I think. Then like two years later I bought an updated version for maybe like $700; I don't remember the exact price but was a little bit cheaper.

You can buy a pretty good laptop for like $600 nowadays if you buy at a good time. I don't know what kind of gaming you intend to do but for WoW my computer runs great with good fps. I'd recommend maybe buying a Toshiba Satellite with a good processor and then buying a few upgrades.

my friend is selling that exact one well it has more ram, for 800 bux, so thats why i was just wondering

that apple is terrabad for gaming. i bought my ASUS Republic of Gamers G60Vx from Best Buy and i still run WoW on Ultra with no fps lag at all. it ran me 1000 new when i bought it. this is by far the best laptop ive ever purchased.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I think it's subject to the model and manufacturer. It's really hard to beat companies like MSI and Asus for computer quality, even if their prices wind up being a bit higher for laptops with the same specs.

I can say this with total confidence though: You get what you pay for and research the brands first.

I have seen numerous complaints from manufacturers like HP, Gateway, Dell, Acer and Sony, but a lot less from owners of other computers. My brother has a Samsung that is really nice, they make some pretty decent laptops as well, same goes for LG even if their screens aren't the best, I have heard some good things about their computers. In my personal experience with laptops in general, I would avoid HP and Acer completely. Toshiba my experience with them were negative, my laptop started kicking the bucket within a year of purchase though my understanding their quality standards have improved dramatically since then (talking 6 years ago now). My MSI netbook has been outstanding for almost 2 years, except the battery locks broke and I need to find replacements.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The nVidia 320M in that Msac would be hard pressed to play WoW on medium let alone high or ulra.

Someone already linked a great Asus laptop that you can still purchase from Best Buy, out of anything else linked it is the one I give my nod too.

I suggest never buying a computer from a retailer in store. I did it once and dropped a lot of money on a machine that I could have built for a lot less. You end up with lower quality components since they want you to come back and upgrade them. It's better to check out online retailers like Asus or custom builders like ibuypower and FalconNorthwest I have found. Don't waste your money like I did.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

I'll throw in my 2 cents because I've been doing alot of research on this same subject. THe best buy Asus gx74 is their verison of the gaming laptop made by Asus. The "real" gx74 from Asus is around 1600-1800 dollars while best buy's verison is 1200. The Best Buy's verison is a bit dumbed down on the graphics card, even though on the specs it says it's the same GPU. What they do is "bottleneck" the cache over the "real" verison. What this means in real world though is that at the moment the Best Buy verison still plays everything at high settings at near perfect. The screen will not do 1920 by 1080 also, and stops at the 1600 by 900. I personally have decided to go with alienware, but there is nothing wrong with the Best Buy verison. You can buy it now and enjoy any game out there. It will also run future Blizzard games such as Diablo 3 with no problems. It's a good choice and a good price, and it's only a tiny bit over your budget.

yea i think im gonna say FK it and just get it online, but i only have about 1k budget and that is with my shipping so im not sure what im going to do yet since some of the linked ones where about 1k - 1.2k without shipping plus i did peice together one on ibuypower.com for about 1200 are those laptops any good it was this one that i pieced together

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Batta..._Gaming_Laptop

also could someone link me a dell xps laptop that would be ideal for ultra settings and gaming in my budget if those are even worth looking into
    Last edited by thesimpsonsman; 2011-08-22 at 09:10 AM.

any feedback on the ipower? i had purchased a laptop from cyberpowerpc back in vanilla and it was amazing for gaming th only problem i had was 0 tech support, anyone have problems with them at all, might just give them another round.

The ibuypower config isn't bad, but you can get a slightly better one for cheaper on newegg.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834152280
    Same cpu/gpu/resolution/screensize, but bigger hdd, more ram.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Taek...

I bet this thing overheats. There is a reason why Alienware m17x and Asus g74 both have huge fans. The i7 + the new gpu run hot!