for real excersise
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

10+ Year Old Account
    a gym i suppose

Whatever you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post

for real excersise
    This. Get off the damn treadmill and machines and do a real workout. Free weights burn way more calories than cardio any when done right, so it is even for the weight watchers, not just powerlifters.

Get bike and do interval training of 1 min 100% 1 Min 50% and do for 10 mins redo 5 times

Get an actual bike and ride outside, it's that much more fun. You can get a trainer to mount it on when indoors so you can ride when it's wet outside. Also, don't listen to Mr. Free Weights up there, lifting stuff is booooooooring.

Deleted
    wel thought the mini one since i can excersise while im playing wow and plus its cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Lemontime View Post
    Get an actual bike and ride outside, it's that much more fun. You can get a trainer to mount it on when indoors so you can ride when it's wet outside. Also, don't listen to Mr. Free Weights up there, lifting stuff is booooooooring.
    agreed, and almost EVERY trainer agrees that cardio is better for burning calories than lifting. There's a reason the army has you do cardio when you need to lose weight, I'm pretty sure they know better than a random guy on a video game forum.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball View Post
    This. Get off the damn treadmill and machines and do a real workout. Free weights burn way more calories than cardio any when done right, so it is even for the weight watchers, not just powerlifters.
    i can't think of really anything out there that even comes close to hardcore cardio in terms of calorie burning unless you're doing circuit training or some sort of cross fit, the average weightlifting doesn't come close to the amount of calories burning that straight up HITs would do or even just mild run, hell i break close to 1000 calories an hour cycling.

Deleted
    I DNT HAVE ALOT of space where i live so the mini one seems better il find reviews on it

For those who don't like cardio, consider barbell complexes. I'm not an authority of any kind nor do I pretend to be but I'm under the impression cardiovascular activity is just that...activity. Unless you're training for a specific event/sport all training methodologies are relatively even... go with what you like push yourself and you'll see results.

As far as losing weight, keep an eye on the difference between weight loss and fat loss.

The best equipment you need for cardio is a great pair of running shoes~ if you are doing weight lifting with the intent to lose weight then get yourself some light weights and do high repetition sets. People suggesting HIIT training are on the spot, alternate your speed intervals to supercharge the burn.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimDesign View Post
    The best equipment you need for cardio is a great pair of running shoes~ if you are doing weight lifting with the intent to lose weight then get yourself some light weights and do high repetition sets. People suggesting HIIT training are on the spot, alternate your speed intervals to supercharge the burn.
    I agree with this. To be honest, it's better for you to buy a pair of shoes and find trails, hills or other good running spots close to your home and run. Start off slow and increase your distance or time as you go along. It's also a heck of a lot more entertaining than using a stationary bike. Not even watching a TV can alleviate the boredom of stationary cardio equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Get the bike.

Deleted
    Running for cardio and cross-fit for general fitness. Neither requires any equipment apart from decent shoes (you can use a number of things for cross-fit but there are hundreds of exercies that you can do in any home/open area). Cheap and effective.

If you want muscle/strength, then the only option is a decent gym or pretty expensive home equipment.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimDesign View Post
    if you are doing weight lifting with the intent to lose weight then get yourself some light weights and do high repetition sets.
    Not entirely true..You can lose weight with heavyweight/low reps & lightweight/high reps. Difference between the two is, the former helps build strength, while the latter helps with muscular endurance. Also, I know heavyweight/low reps help preserve LBM on a cut, not sure if lightweight/high reps will do the same.

Edit: @ the op. If you're looking just to lose weight, cardio isn't necessary. You can achieve the same goals with a proper diet, & eating at a deficit. There's obviously other health benefits to cardio, but eating less will get you the same results.

---------- Post added 2011-08-22 at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    agreed, and almost EVERY trainer agrees that cardio is better for burning calories than lifting. There's a reason the army has you do cardio when you need to lose weight, I'm pretty sure they know better than a random guy on a video game forum.
    How one goes about losing "weight" is personal preference. Be it fat or LBM is dependent on one's training/goals.
    Last edited by Shik Valentine; 2011-08-22 at 06:40 PM.