Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    If you found the free, outdated version fun, you might as well find the 'finished' one better. If you played the free version on the site, it is completely different from what you got. You don't get all blocks and just build random stuff. You generate a world with an actual bottom, where it becomes a survival - unless you're playing on peaceful, then it's just free-play until you get bored. Now, if you had played a 'pirated,' outdated version and you liked it, then it does get better than that.

Played for four months straight and got bored, though. Notch just wouldn't fix the Nether in MP, so I eventually gave up. I wanted to have something different to do, and he gave us beds.
    Dont diss the beds!
    They let you skip Night time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    When did the price go up for the beta? Thought it was still $15 :P

Still, its easily one of the best games to pass time. So easy to jump in, start working on a bulding/structure and add to it whenever you find the time.
    15 euro != $15. Conversion charge & rates bump it up to $21.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

I don't play it much anymore, but looking back at the countless nights I was up till 5AM to expand my mountainside castle.. I'd say yes, it's definitely worth the 15€, pick it up.

Deleted
    btw, Notch said he doesn't mind people pirating his game, because they wouldn't have bought it anyway

just sayin'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by athrl View Post
    btw, Notch said he doesn't mind people pirating his game, because they wouldn't have bought it anyway

just sayin'
    That is NOT what he said. He said it's pointless to stop pirates, and that the way around that is to add online content that is only available to paying customers, luring pirates into actually buying the game.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on what you're into really. Single Player only goes so far for me until I get bored, but Multiplayer is always fun. Just gotta find the right kind of server (building, "clean", PvP, etc.)

Definitely. Though after playing it for 2-4 months it kind of becomes stale without mods. But thankfully the mods are easy to install and there's a large modder base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer : Yes
    Long answer: Yessssssssssssssssss
    I've had many hours of fun on minecraft, definitely going to be a game we look back on in the future and say that it was a classic of its day. But totally worth the 15 euros, and you support a game you enjoy with your wallet +you get the 25% discount of what the full game will cost because it's in beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Check me out on youtube! Playthroughs of Diablo 3, Minecraft and many other games with daily content!

Remember if you get minecraft during beta you are getting the full title at launch and a 25% discount, there is a load of updates due for beta 1.8 including the adventure mode....and there's a ton of addons doing a multitude of things...came across one the other day that added water reflection(was a bit buggy though)