Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How do you deal with complete, bumbling idiots?

I have no way to deal with them. I just hate them. So much.
    DERP I R GONNA RUN IN2 MID WHER THER AR 7 OF DEM AND KILL DEM ALL BY MYSELF!!!11!

Ugh. How do you deal with these kids?

Ignore them or leave group. Those are usually the best two options.

You can usually manipulate them into doing things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I started playing the game when I was 11 during BC. I actually discovered jacking off and came for the first time during a Gruul's Lair raid with my guild!

Dont heal them
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't

I just turn BG chat off and have a drink.

I've been part of the alliance for 4 1/2 years across 7+ battlegroups every single one is massive failure in BG's so I just don't fucking care anymore.

The amount of failure has reduced me to tears and wanting to slit my own throat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    I have no way to deal with them. I just hate them. So much.
    DERP I R GONNA RUN IN2 MID WHER THER AR 7 OF DEM AND KILL DEM ALL BY MYSELF!!!11!

Ugh. How do you deal with these kids?

Most of them are bots, so report them, the other half, just ignore them and try to see if you can win the BG by yourself. If you can't do that, then just hide somewhere. Or change your play hours to sometime where younger kids aren't able to access because of parents etc. The last idea is a bit extreme but if you simply can't handle it, it's the only option you've got.

10+ Year Old Account
    i give a lengthy explanation of how bad and why they are bad. with some sort of degrading demoralizing threat/name calling in-between... I can usually hit it spot on and they shut up

i just report spam the morons and they are muted the rest of the bg.

Example: Random idiot in a heroic pulls a whole group of mobs for no reason, dies, we laugh and ress. He says "Hilar y u no hil mi?" I proceed to /facepalm.

Thats what you do with idiots. Facepalm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    You slap them, properly, with the back of your right hand.
    This.

But, if you sit and think about it for a moment, the noobs are important to the ecosystem of the BG. Sure, when we lose, we lose bad. But when we win, we win big.

The alternative would be some sort of matchmaking system that would end up with people in brackets where they won about 50% of the time. Of course, the available empirical evidence suggests this already occurs, but we can imagine in this alternative system this point of equilibrium.

Of course, for those of us who have moved past choking on our shoelaces, it would look like rated BGs at high ratings. The games would all be close (when class balance allowed for it) and the wins and losses wouldn't be as big. In the end, gameplay would be marginally improved but regular BGs would be seen as an inferior Rated BG since the rewards would be significantly worse.

Of course, they could apply the system to rateds and we'd have about a better system than tradepugs and worse than preforms.

Ceteris Paribus, waffles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Join them in their fun.

You troll them. Troll them hard.

Deleted
    A GUN!

10chars

Ignore them. Or /sigh at them and walk away.

I do my level best to growl the mobs off of 'em, mash cooldowns, spam as much threat as I possibly can, and overall do my best to impress the hell out of the rest of the group with my tanking skills. Then either finish out the instance and get my VP, or wait for them to votekick him and laugh to myself as I click "Yes".

See, if someone gets all the way to 85 heroics, gets geared up enough to queue randoms, and still doesn't know how to watch their aggro... they're NEVER going to learn. Letting them die to teach them a lesson is pointless, because they WILL NOT LEARN IT. So I do what is in MY best interests--be the best tank I can possibly be, and get through the dungeon quicker, get my VP quicker, and let the rest of the party decide whether or not the guy's more annoying than waiting for a replacement.

How do I accomplish such a feat? ...I have years upon years of practice being patient with people. A skill I'm trying to teach certain other people both in and out of game...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfadorfox View Post
    I do my level best to growl the mobs off of 'em, mash cooldowns, spam as much threat as I possibly can, and overall do my best to impress the hell out of the rest of the group with my tanking skills. Then either finish out the instance and get my VP, or wait for them to votekick him and laugh to myself as I click "Yes".

See, if someone gets all the way to 85 heroics, gets geared up enough to queue randoms, and still doesn't know how to watch their aggro... they're NEVER going to learn. Letting them die to teach them a lesson is pointless, because they WILL NOT LEARN IT. So I do what is in MY best interests--be the best tank I can possibly be, and get through the dungeon quicker, get my VP quicker, and let the rest of the party decide whether or not the guy's more annoying than waiting for a replacement.

How do I accomplish such a feat? ...I have years upon years of practice being patient with people. A skill I'm trying to teach certain other people both in and out of game...
    PvP forum.....just sayin',

Quote Originally Posted by Alfadorfox View Post

Really nice, but I gotta disagree with that you said they will "NEVER" learn. If they are new players, they probably dont even have any threat meter addon etc. You have to teach them and help them and they will learn. If they are unwilling to even listen to you, then gtfo of my group. I mean, its not like you gonna learn much in <85 dungeons except things regarding your class, big learning curve comes when you hit 85 and start doing those random hc's.
    I can speak from my experience, I knew that if I do too much damage I get aggro, but I had no idea how to watch my threat until someone told me about Omen threat meter.
    Last edited by Gámbller; 2011-08-21 at 07:20 AM.

Ignore them and leave group.

On a sidenote: Faction change my Alt and gank them for several hours