Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841 View Post
    Remove or destroy the head and avoid physical contact of any sort with the afflicted individual. Then I would procede to the nearest Department/Hardware store to stock up on supplied for further encounters with such individuals.
    "Zombies, man, they freak me out."

Quote Originally Posted by Taistee View Post
    PvP forum.....just sayin',
    Whoops. My bad! XD Sorry, I clicked on it right outta the main page listing of most recent threads... I never actually look through these forums, just click interesting-looking titles from the main news page.

Sorry! :3

The majority of the wow playerbase are casual players that don't play that often. These are the players you meet in random bg's and instances. Granted there are some people that are just....lol, but I really don't see why people take as a personal insult when they are grouped with weaker players. Getting competitive and angry over a random battleground is just silly.

I can understand frustration when you just want to quickly farm gear for alts etc, but if you want to farm honor, best thing to do is make a premade of friends. A premade group of 5 can easily dominate the smaller battlegrounds. There are other things you can do as well. The most important thing in battlegrounds, rated or random, is communication. Simply communicating to your team, directing them where to go, may help quite a bit.

If you still lose, then whatever, you did your best to help the team rather than complaining and not contributing yourself. Again, getting angry over random battlegrounds is just silly and futile. And if you want to get mad, you can rage at your friends and guildies about how bad everyone is and have them assure you that you're so much better than everyone else in your bg.

tl;dr No point in getting frutrated at weaker players, try and help them improve if you want to win

If they run into 7 people alone they're more than likely botting so just report them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    I have no way to deal with them. I just hate them. So much.
    DERP I R GONNA RUN IN2 MID WHER THER AR 7 OF DEM AND KILL DEM ALL BY MYSELF!!!11!

Ugh. How do you deal with these kids?
    I think you herped, when you shoulda derped

If you know what you are doing, you can manipulate them into doing their jobs because doing so grants more HK than not doing it. I win around 80% of my bgs these days.

And the best part is you don't need to say a word. You just need to do particular things. You just play well and cause the BG situation to shift.
    Most of the time this works. Sometimes you team is just plain better, sometimes it is so bad you cannot do it anyway.

A few weeks back I got honor for my friends new holy paladin. We did over a hundred WSG in a single weekend and lost... Was it 2 or 3?

Getting angry or badmouthing people in chat doesnt resolve a damned thing btw. The noobs jut get even more defensive. Today I had someone allegedly playing with 3 FPS and people were flaming him so hard. We losr cause everyone were using their time at the chatboz instead of their action bars.
    Last edited by TheDesertDragon; 2011-08-25 at 11:01 AM.

I win 2/3 of my BG's (alliance) and would rather play with people who are under-geared or ignorant to the battle than some self annointed pvp-god who's nerd rage typing tyrade only keeps them from actually engaging in what we're trying to do. The reality is that it doesn't take a *good* strategy to win, it takes *any* strategy to be competitive. When players decide not to participate because the particular group direction isn't to their liking, they become the problem, not the people who may do suspect things or play poorly. Entitled pvp know-it-alls are a different type of ignorant, but ignorant none the less.

Thankfully, joining a guild with a PvP focus has mitigated this issue for me as we typically group for unrated BGs to help guildies gear alts and to guarantee some level of organization. This is especially beneficial on the 10/15-player maps.

Oddly enough, we do have a few terrible players who are starting to make their way into our core team. This happens because the officers are not as aware as they could be of classes which they do not play. They also aren't active forum goers/theory crafters, which is fine, as with this being an adult guild, a little more resourcefulness is implied. Because I'm one of the only ones (if not the only one) who has endgame experience with all ten classes (not all 30 specs but the classes), I tend to take the lead and be the one to point out errors. I admit when I'm not an expert on all the little nuances that come with playing each but I can certainly offer suggestions and point them in the right direction.

For example: our RL was noticeably angry when our rated BG rating tanked this past weekend. He had no constructive advice for the team other than "Fix it!" There were multiple issues: firstly, no one was target-assisting and those who did call smart targets for a kill or CC were ignored (we have one hunter who seems to have made it her mission to break CC). Secondly, no one was watching the flag. I tend to be put on CC %$#@& duty or nuke duty (frost mage/ele shaman respectively) so I often found myself stopping my main job to AoE nodes, which resulted in just a big mess. We also had a clueless tank on our flag games.

I plan to propose war games and dueling sessions to help our newer PvPers hone their skills and to learn to coordinate better and that might mean stacking the teams for a while to stop their bad habits. I also plan to work on helping to implement designated map "teams" with designated focuses. Saying "Kill the pally" when there are three running around or having people scramble-click to find one is a lot more time-consuming than simply assisting a more experienced player.

As for the tank, who is quick to make excuses in arenas as well as RBGs, I pulled his armory and specifically said where he needed help, and what his options were, e.g., 'Agility does not help you as a blood DK; here is an RBG tank who is specced/gemmed/enchanted/reforged correctly. I would like you to work on this but here is where you can deviate according to personal preferences.' I then gave him two choices for gemming as his playstyle (not knowing when to use CDs/self-heals) tells me he is not ready for a mastery build. Since I'd played with him in arenas and dueled him, I gave him a few abilities to work on skill-capping so as not to overwhelm him as he not only needs to learn how to play a DK properly but he needs to learn how to PvP as well. He has a bad habit of running away from healers, backpedaling, etc.

Obviously, this is an ideal as I have direct access to the players who need help. For unrated BGs, I just pick my battles carefully. If I do try to offer advice, I'm polite and rely on logic to rally the offenders. I'm patient and if it is a lost cause, I work on something like Battlemaster achievements or I just pick a fight in the road to up my HKs. The frustration just isn't worth it anymore but having RBGs as an out helps (though PUG RBGs are often just as frustrating). If I get a string of losing PUG BGs and none of my guildies are on, I do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastit View Post
    i give a lengthy explanation of how bad and why they are bad. with some sort of degrading demoralizing threat/name calling in-between... I can usually hit it spot on and they shut up
    you are talking with bots.
    playing wow for 6 years here, and i cansafely assume at least 1/3 of every random bg is filled with bots.
    I have been on teams late at night that had 8 bots in a wsg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    I have been on teams late at night that had 8 bots in a wsg.
    That's priceless.

they've already proven that they are idiots. It's generally a waste of time to argue/educate idiots so unfortunately the next best option is just to ignore them