Deleted

[Music] The Goatrance Thread (and the bazillion subgenres)

GOATRANCE

Psychedelic trance, psytrance or just psy is a form of electronic music characterized by hypnotic arrangements of synthetic rhythms and complex layered melodies created by high tempo riffs. It first broke out into the mainstream in 1995 as the UK music press began to report on the trend of Goa trance. Since then the genre has grown immensely and now offers much variety in terms of mood, tempo, and style. Some examples include full on, dark, progressive, suomi, psybreaks and psybient.

"For what it's worth, the only trance genre that still has some integrity left. Goa is just too complicated, too dark, too brooding and too ominous to ever have popular appeal, and it's doubtful that it ever will... and that's just the way hippies like it. Imported from India, duty free, where it is so hot the DJs don't even bother mixing or else their faces melt off (and that's BEFORE you drop acid). There are a million and one splinter genres to this too (hard goa, progressive goa, psyfunk, ambient goa, etc., but I'm only putting down the most prevalent). As for the rest, it's terrific stuff, if all the annoying, superficial hindu and buddhist iconography doesn't annoy the hell out of you. Goa would be the best genre ever, if it weren't for the f-ing hippies." -Ishkur

Examples:

Average/more mainstream goatrance
    Infected Mushroom - Suliman

Darkpsy
    Baphomet Engine - Blix

Fullon
    Electric Universe - The Prayer

I'm an avid fan, so just wondering who else here is into goa enjoy the examples, there's more where that came from, and I'll also happily answer any questions you might have about this genre!
    Last edited by mmoc056fe9a23c; 2011-08-21 at 10:30 AM.

Deleted
    Finally a thread about goa!
    I totally LOVE it!
    I first got in touch with goa when I was more into metal.
    It was Infected Mushroom ft Shiva Shidapu - Area 51.
    Although I really liked the song, and heared it like a 100times in a few days, I didn't look up any other artists or songs from that genre.
    Untill about 1 year ago. I was having a good time with my boyfriend on one night, we were listening some music on shuffle with a muted tv on the background, which was playing musicvideos. This song came up, and we were both really into the song and basicly at the same time we both said, what song is this? It's so amazing! Even since that day, I'm totally in love with goa, there's no better relaxmusic, partymusic, I can listen it on every mood on every time on the day!
    The song that got me hooked that night is:

Infected Mushroom - Heavyweight

So to all of you who don't know the genre, go check it out! It's worth it!