Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSoft View Post
    BTW: Rabid isn't bugged for me, my pet constantly uses it on cooldown!
    Hmm.. Must have been fixed in 4.3 then, was broke for the longest time. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    Hmm.. Must have been fixed in 4.3 then, was broke for the longest time. Thanks for the info.
    It's bugged on certain encounters still. Primarily Ultraxion. Yet adding a /cast rabid to all of your shots easily fixes it.

Nice guide, thanks for writing it!

Question though: this guide says haste is slightly better than mastery, but the EJ guide from Nooska says it’s the other way round. Is this maybe because the EJ take in account the T13 2-set bonus, and this guide doesn’t?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leinho View Post

Question though: this guide says haste is slightly better than mastery, but the EJ guide from Nooska says it’s the other way round. Is this maybe because the EJ take in account the T13 2-set bonus, and this guide doesn’t?
    I would assume so, haste is next to useless now with high focus from 2 set and haste proc from 4 set (and thus increased focus regen).

Crit > Mastery > Haste

Thats what I'm following for all specs currently (with 4 set).

I hadn’t played BM for quite a while, but recently picked it up to provide the 3% damage buff for my raid team. I ran with a crit > haste > mastery build last night and I have to say, it was pretty smooth. Enjoyed it very much.

Good focus regen, awesome pew pew during TBW and I didn’t really feel as if I was pushing back KC, something I sometimes do have as SV (meaning I more often have to decide to wait an x amount of time, or fire an addition AS / CS and push back ES slightly).

I’m just wondering if I will notice a lot of difference if I go crit > mastery > haste, so I started looking for information and found the difference I mentioned between the MMO en EJ guides.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    I am actually playing around with Mastery right now. 7.72% Haste (989 rating), 15.28% Mastery, 33% Crit.

But keep in mind that Haste and Mastery are so close for BM that there's almost no change at all whether you go with Haste or Mastery.

sim your toon, it's the ONLY way to KNOW what the stat weights for your toon are

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    sim your toon, it's the ONLY way to KNOW what the stat weights for your toon are
    well i simmed my character on femaledwarf and it gave 1 haste rating a value of 5.681 while it gave 1 agi a value of 4.038. Now i know that is not right...
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

10+ Year Old Account
    FD also doesn't correctly calculate Haste if I remember correctly.

read the whole thread and between people bitching about bm's slightly lower dps i have yet
    to find out a reason not to use ISS besides "its to clunky to me", anything really supporting
    it more than that?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

FD is a great tool, and I use it a lot. But as others said, FD is sometimes a bit weird when it comes to haste.

I've reforged to Crit > Mastery > Haste now...I'll have a go with it next raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    read the whole thread and between people bitching about bm's slightly lower dps i have yet
    to find out a reason not to use ISS besides "its to clunky to me", anything really supporting
    it more than that?
    Im not 100% sure about this but iirc its because its to clunky and the dps difference is so minimal that as soon as you fuck it up once it will not longer be a dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Im not 100% sure about this but iirc its because its to clunky and the dps difference is so minimal that as soon as you fuck it up once it will not longer be a dps increase.
    I thought about ISS, too, but I came to the conclusion that the rotation would be horrible with 2piece T13. You also lose the "infinite" DPET of Serpent Sting.

But @roflwaffle: If you want to try it, go ahead. Saves me 66g and some time. And report your conclusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    I thought about ISS, too, but I came to the conclusion that the rotation would be horrible with 2piece T13. You also lose the "infinite" DPET of Serpent Sting.

But @roflwaffle: If you want to try it, go ahead. Saves me 66g and some time. And report your conclusions.
    well without 2p i do a little better dps, with it im way to capped way to often haha
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

3.1.3 Mastery

Mastery beat out haste by a fair margin (3:2)

3.1.5 Mastery VS Haste

Haste appears to be beating Mastery at this time right now
    which one of these is right? or are they both about even these days, EJ says mastery, this guide says both, and i've heard haste is better elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegsta View Post
    which one of these is right? or are they both about even these days, EJ says mastery, this guide says both, and i've heard haste is better elsewhere.
    Thanks for pointing this out. Going to fix that now.

Right now it still seems that Haste and Mastery are very close. I'm personally running with Mastery right now though.

Thanks for pointing this out. Going to fix that now.

Right now it still seems that Haste and Mastery are very close. I'm personally running with Mastery right now though.
    there near in theory, but i would argue for haste, casue ther are bosses who pet-ai simply suck your dps!

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

I have the feeling I'm doing something obvious and dumb, but I can't figure out what it is...

I want to macro Froststorm Breath to my Multi-Shot for BM. Activating a pet ability doesn't trigger your own GCD, so it shouldn't be a problem.

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
    /cast Multi-Shot
    /cast Froststorm Breath

I'm no expert, but I've run other macros like that in the past with no troubles at all. But, my stupid chimera doesn't Froststorm Breath when I use that macro. Anyone have any idea why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    I have the feeling I'm doing something obvious and dumb, but I can't figure out what it is...

I want to macro Froststorm Breath to my Multi-Shot for BM. Activating a pet ability doesn't trigger your own GCD, so it shouldn't be a problem.

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
    /cast Multi-Shot
    /cast Froststorm Breath

I'm no expert, but I've run other macros like that in the past with no troubles at all. But, my stupid chimera doesn't Froststorm Breath when I use that macro. Anyone have any idea why?
    Try this

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
    /castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the Hawk, null
    /cast !Froststorm Breath(Exotic Ability)
    /cast Multi-Shot
    /use [combat]10

You can remove the aspec of the hawk part and use10 part.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
    /cast Multi-Shot
    /cast Froststorm Breath

I tried these kind of macros, too, and got one crucial problem: If your chimera (or worm) is already in combat, it will never start to use their AoE because they'll always be low on focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.