Deleted

Question Warrior / Feral / Healer. How do we deal with them!?

My current 3v3 team consists of Rogue(me) / Frost mage / Rdruid the only teams we have yet to beat are warrior / feral / healer. Does anyone know how we can counter them and win for once?

Thanks
    Last edited by mmoc2afdbe9017; 2011-08-21 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well IMO

You should start with a better healer.

Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman

All Good

Resto

Not so much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Focus the Feral at first and make him force his trinket, then switch to the Warrior. After a bit, stack combo points on the Feral. Make them think you're still on the Warrior, then suddenly hardswitch to the feral: Full kidney in Cat Form --> Smoke Bomb --> lolglobal while CC'ing their Healer. (Cyclone, Deep Freeze, Blind)

Deleted
    thanks we shall try that tactic and see how we do

10+ Year Old Account
    Also keep in mind that a resto druid can actually completely lock down a feral. Hibernate, roots and cyclone don't share DRs.

While that leaves the healer to toss dispells on the roots and hibernate, and the trinket and the 2 root breaks, you can still really make a feral druid useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Also keep in mind that a resto druid can actually completely lock down a feral. Hibernate, roots and cyclone don't share DRs.

While that leaves the healer to toss dispells on the roots and hibernate, and the trinket and the 2 root breaks, you can still really make a feral druid useless.
    This works in theory, not in practice. Restoration druids healing throughput is so weak in pvp that they cant spare too many seconds with cc that will break/get dispelled shortly after. Roots are most likely DR'd by the mage and the feral can break them with dash and stampeading roar. Only if its not DR'd (which it should, tbh) and the feral has used every root breaker, its a viable option.

Hibernate can be easily shifted out of and the rogue's hemorrhage can break it as it leaves a long dot.

Cyclone is the only one that really is a reliable cc against them but it has a short range and if the feral isnt slowed, he might get an interrupt on it.

Personally I'd prefer setting some cc on the opponent's healer and making pressure on feral, forcing him to go bear form and useless damage-wise. Then bursting any target (warrior, feral or even the healer if its not a paladin with trinket/bubble) while cc'ing at least feral to prevent bash/cyclone and other peels. Warrior is good to get in some sort of roots when you burst something as well.

I play with a spriest and resto druid as a DW Frost Dk. This is our toughest matchup by far. While we haven't solidified a strat, we have had some luck cycloning the kitty as he gets started to slow his burst dps. Then we usually try to focus the feral kitty while chain silencing/cycloning the healer. It's worked sometimes, but we still get facerolled a lot. We're still getting used to one another.