Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demo warlock haste

What a good limit for haste %, fully buffed of course, that a demo lock should aim for? 21.4% for the extra corruption tick, or 25% for a extra immo tick? And most of all would it be smart to reforge as much haste to even try to achieve those %'s?
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Diskon/simple
    any tips or suggestions are super appreciated!

Right now mastery stacking is the safest way to go. Especially if you are holding on meta for chalice.

i see several locks going for 1993 haste for the extra corrup tick but i dont think its necessary for most fights so just stack mastery unless ur very close to that haste cap

u should also get moonwell asap as its by far the best trinket for demo (meta/doomguard snapshots mastery)

Too many wasted impending doom procs, imo

The 1993 corruption threshold is a nice idea, but I found that with my gear reforging for as much mastery as possible still left me with a sizable chunk of haste anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Too many wasted impending doom procs, imo

The 1993 corruption threshold is a nice idea, but I found that with my gear reforging for as much mastery as possible still left me with a sizable chunk of haste anyway.
    I'll have to agree with penguin the extra corruption tick sounds good on paper but it just piles on extra impending doom procs you don't need as you'll be waiting for use demon soul and meta at the same time.

also I remember that single corruption tick being posted as only an 87 dps gain although I can't remember who did the math on it so don't quote that as being fact.

Lastly as long as doomguard is gaining additional benefit from mastery and remaining your " I win button" for dps it would be foolish to stray away from mastery just for a very minor haste soft cap.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    For Ragnaros (25-HC) i go full mastery, down until like 1600 haste. You just need above 15xx, the extra corruption tick doesn't really matter.

Deleted
    I don't get it... I tell my resident demo to stack full mastery, he does, and then I do way more damage than him when I'm demo... but reforged full haste for affli.

Must be a "play better' thing
    There was a really good post from a hunter about the dps value of skill, will try to find it, its a great read

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    I don't get it... I tell my resident demo to stack full mastery, he does, and then I do way more damage than him when I'm demo... but reforged full haste for affli.

Must be a "play better' thing
    There was a really good post from a hunter about the dps value of skill, will try to find it, its a great read
    Mastery Demo is ALL about correct timing. Your fellow demo warlock is probably getting his timings all wrong. You need to decide when is the correct time to pop cool downs, ie, DG.. whether you're going to risk popping a meta in between your DS/MWC cool down and always popping Moonwell before Meta. Some people just don't get it and pop Moonwell immediately after or think 'Ooooh, cool downs off *pop*' >_<

Just stack mastery and the chances are you'll have enough haste left over to get your impending doom procs.

Haste does sound nice in theory, but the benefits from the corruption tick are very small and the extra impending doom procs are just wasted anyway.

Stacking mastery will give you better average dps and more controlled burst dps.

I found the same thing and Penguin regarding haste. I went for the 1993 haste breakpoint to see how it went when I had the moonwell chalice and found I would of had too many impending doom procs to sync the chalice/CD's with meta constantly. Also I did less DPS due to this.

I went back to pure mastery stacking and I still sometimes have 'crappy' impending doom procs and have to wait a little longer than I would like to sync it up right, but my 'I win' doomguard button as someone calls it is way more potent, my felpup hits harder and I have more control of my DPS than haste to the breakpoint. However I do have roughly 1500 haste on my mastery set gear anyways so it's not like I'm hurting for haste also.

10+ Year Old Account
    My haste is down in the 800 range, and I still get impending doom to proc meta before my chalice is ready.

Reforging for mastery I can easily hit the 1846 haste level for goblins. It's not that hard to do in FL gear.

i got something about 1350 haste or so and i do fine with that...no problems overall with the sync of meta and chalice.
    so skip the haste and go for mastery...you will see some kind of bad dmg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Estasi View Post
    Mastery Demo is ALL about correct timing. Your fellow demo warlock is probably getting his timings all wrong. You need to decide when is the correct time to pop cool downs, ie, DG.. whether you're going to risk popping a meta in between your DS/MWC cool down and always popping Moonwell before Meta. Some people just don't get it and pop Moonwell immediately after or think 'Ooooh, cool downs off *pop*' >_<
    he's definitly not doing that. that's just basics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just being curious: How much increased damage do you guys get when stacking mastery that hard ? (affliction main here)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozteck View Post
    My haste is down in the 800 range, and I still get impending doom to proc meta before my chalice is ready.
    Damn man how do you play with so low haste everything feels slow and clunky at my level of haste.

Quote Originally Posted by oraz View Post
    Damn man how do you play with so low haste everything feels slow and clunky at my level of haste.
    It's all adaption, I guess.

I switched from elemental (high haste) to enhance (very very low haste) once.
    Damn, feels like forever waiting for 1.5 sec GCD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    he's definitly not doing that. that's just basics.
    How do you know? And you say that, but I look at some warlocks logs and see it all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Estasi View Post
    How do you know? And you say that, but I look at some warlocks logs and see it all the time.
    because i monitor his DG usage every other attempt ?

Deleted
    because i monitor his DG usage every other attempt ?
    I was talking about in general, not just DG useage.