Thread: Ret/War/Disc

10+ Year Old Account

Ret/War/Disc

Does this comp have any validity/capable of reaching decent ratings?

Quote Originally Posted by Mundayz View Post
    Does this comp have any validity/capable of reaching decent ratings?
    Would be much better with a rshaman, seeing as they have better heals and don't share a dr with the warrior's fear.

This is kinda outdated. And i think Vanguards play different set up now.
    From what i have seen ret/dk/disc works best. I think taking rog / mage in place of dk isnt bad.
    Personaly i was going to 2.2k with ret/disc/rog. Works not bad, and smoke bomb as protection from purge / spellsteal is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Would be much better with a rshaman, seeing as they have better heals and don't share a dr with the warrior's fear.
    Well, the priest is the person I plan to play with. So would it be better to replace the warrior with something else?

A DK?

Deleted
    A DK or a rogue. It works with a warrior, I ran it to 2800 MMR this season but it requires a lot of coordination between you and the priest and all around flawless play (mostly from the warrior, you'll spend most HP healing). We're all rank 1 players and we've played together since TBC and still struggled past 2600~ MMR.

Then again, it's not very good with a DK or a rogue either because ret sucks dick. Disregard Vanguards' video, comp was a joke back then with warrior damage and 0 CDD on WoG, played it at like 2900 MMR with 100% win/loss, it was impossible to lose.

DK/Ret/Priest > Warrior/Ret/Priest

Your best bet as a ret though is to run tripple dps.

Frost mage/Rogue/Ret
    Ret/BM hunter/Rogue
    Ret/Feral/Rogue
    Ret/Dk/Rogue (vanguards is at about 2800 with this right now)

Tripple DPS are really hard to play WELL though.

I will be playing ret double dk to glad this season once my paladin is geared (all 3 toons me) i got 2400ish last season as double dk + SCRUB healer.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

This comp is 2200 capable if you're all good, but it's definitely not gladiator viable with the recent stuff?