Poll: Are you going to apply to become a mod

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I would ban everybody i could, and makes so much shit, i wouldt controle it at all.

no

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Some of us have a lot of free time and would like to do something constructive and helpful with it so I would like to do this as it has been a passion of mine.
    ^This, I'd love to be some sort of mod to lock/delete the constant stream of stupid threads that pop up endlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

15+ Year Old Account
    Well...I am here a quite a bit, so why not....I usually report things I see wrong, but fixing them would not be bad either..
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    ill look at what i have to do/what would be required first tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy moderating forums and I think I'm good at it but it would depend on what the requirements were.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Nope, why on earth would you want all that responsibility for no trade off? The last thing I want is for this place to become a job
    On second thought, I'd prolly apply for the Warlock forums if I didn't have to change the manner in which I post. It seems rather straight forward, and Gherkin seems so lonely

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not entirely familiar with how much time it would take and what comes along with being a mod but I was actually considering it. The only problem is that I have had one minor ban for trolling a troll who had been annoying me for quite some time, stupid yes I know. I wonder if this will be of any importance when they are going to select the new mods.

And well, I have been reading this forum since 2007 or so I believe. I only started posting since 2009 I believe and ever since then I spend at least 1 hour on MMO each day. For every 3 hours of playing WoW I am most likely reading MMO for 1 hour lol. And it's the first thing I do when I wake up!

---------- Post added 2011-08-22 at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    ^This, I'd love to be some sort of mod to lock/delete the constant stream of stupid threads that pop up endlessly.
    Oh boy, you better be prepared for a 24/7 hour job then mate! Though, if you don't mind I will enjoy alternating shifts with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will, I normally have extra time to kill and sometimes I would like to see these forums a tad cleaner than what they are today with all of the cata doomsday talk that has been generated.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    I am not entirely familiar with how much time it would take and what comes along with being a mod but I was actually considering it. The only problem is that I have had one minor ban for trolling a troll who had been annoying me for quite some time, stupid yes I know. I wonder if this will be of any importance when they are going to select the new mods.

And well, I have been reading this forum since 2007 or so I believe. I only started posting since 2009 I believe and ever since then I spend at least 1 hour on MMO each day. For every 3 hours of playing WoW I am most likely reading MMO for 1 hour lol. And it's the first thing I do when I wake up!
    All of your infractions have expired so I wouldn't worry too much about them. I don't think a few past misdeeds exclude a person from consideration as long as they have a good history since.

Also, as I said in a few posts, the amount of time you spend modding is up to you. Some are able to commit more time than others. Obviously you're expected to do a job as much as you can and participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    All of your infractions have expired so I wouldn't worry too much about them. I don't think a few past misdeeds exclude a person from consideration as long as they have a good history since.

Also, as I said in a few posts, the amount of time you spend modding is up to you. Some are able to commit more time than others. Obviously you're expected to do a job as much as you can and participate.
    Is age/location an issue? And I'm also starting school (Sports started today) soon, so between those and raiding, it might be a little harder for people like me

15+ Year Old Account
    Age and location don't matter directly; we'd like mods from all time zones, and we want people to act maturely.

We expect people to be available for at least some time, but we know that it's a volunteer position and we don't expect people to sit in front of MMOC 24/7 ignoring all other activities.

Realistically, a lot of it just involves reading the forum as you'd normally do anyway; it's just a bit of extra overhead. You've also got the rest of the mod team working with you, so it shouldn't be that bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Is age/location an issue? And I'm also starting school (Sports started today) soon, so between those and raiding, it might be a little harder for people like me
    No and No. We encourage people from all over the world to apply. That way when some are asleep the others can be around

Also, if you're already a busy person then modding might not be the best thing for you. There is no sense in adding extra stress to an already busy life for something like this. It's your choice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Age and location don't matter directly; we'd like mods from all time zones, and we want people to act maturely.

We expect people to be available for at least some time, but we know that it's a volunteer position and we don't expect people to sit in front of MMOC 24/7 ignoring all other activities.
    Okay then, thanks for the info Sunshine/Fuzzzie ^__^

I probably would but I'm no longer that active in these forums now that I've quit my subscription in WoW.
    And most of my posts are from times when I used to trawwlll, which wouldn't look good in the application and I am not even going to talk about my 50 infraction points. ;P
    Last edited by Nest; 2011-08-22 at 11:25 PM.

I used to be a mod once, however I ended up just being AFK on WoW because all I did was check the MMO-Champion forums. So I stepped down. Was fun though!

And to whomever it is that will become a Moderator, good luck!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    From what I have seen, they do allow people who are young.(I am pretty sure I know one mod is youngish). And I think as long as you speak English it should be fine, though they try to balance eu/us so their are atleast some mods on everyday. Now with time thing, it is your choice, would you be able to put a good number of hours each week(though they do not count the hours, they want you to be active though)

Edit: Fuzzie/sunshine beat me to it...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

As a mod would i be privleged with a picture of the elusive Boub and co.?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    Their is already one in the feedback/suggestion forums....

And if you want to be one just for that...you need to straighten your priorities...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    ....creepiest application motivation ever.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I never said it would be the main reason if i did decide to apply. I was only pointing out an obvious perk. Chill guys :P