Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stay for Deathwing!, Things might change by then, probably not but still!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it saddens me to see you go, thank you for all of the help you have been to me as an aspiring ret! I wish you the best of luck and hope to reach your levels of awesome on my ret someday!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    i also quit ret, but whent holy instead, much fun in pvp imo

Deleted
    Theres 9 other classes, change faction or enjoy PVP or RP.
    i was in TL;DR mood so i didnt read the whole thing cuz ive seen hundreds of these threads so i apologize if i missed something out.

HF in life, you were just one of many dmg competative players that couldnt stand less optimal players outdpsing them, just because their clasess are so much better.

You were very active here, and had some nice contribution, imo peaking with gathering t11 videos , and clcret guide on youtube, i saw you had alot of passion about ret in you, which i really apriciated.
    I think you are one of those people who will be decent in whatever they do, so once again gl hf with whatever you will do next, job, hobby, or both.
    Last edited by NaaBcAke; 2011-08-22 at 02:58 PM.

I also quit my paladin at the end of july. I quit my other characters too. The massive change to paladins was just... too much for me to stand. And protection changing every single patch... I just couldn't stand it anymore. All my other classes felt the same as the others. So, I just quit. There is no love-loss with the game. I still love warcraft. But my main is basically a new class from when I started him, and I just couldn't stand it anymore.

I understand lacking motivation to log on. I've been feeling that myself lately, and the only thing that keeps me playing is friends. That, and there's just nothing better right now. I'm not interested in RIFT, GW2, or SWTOR to be honest, and probably never will be. As for other specs outperforming you mate, that's how the game is right now. Blizzard has their new team of developers who seem to have their heads stuck up their asses so far they'll never get them out. But perhaps if we give them enough time they'll finally figure it out and we'll get relatively balanced PvP and PvE again..... Maybe!

Good luck have fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitzushoby View Post
    And we care because?
    Prentice isn't just you're average poster/player.

Prentice you will be missed.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitzushoby View Post
    And we care because?
    There's an entire page of people giving their farewells to the OP. You had your answer before you even asked it, if you could only read...

There's 2 very promising MMORPG titles on the horizon to once again totally take over all free time for the foreseeable future. I too will likely stop playing WoW once something better comes along, but the social aspect of the game is the only thing keeping me going right now anyway. It would seem you earned some respect on these board too, Prentice, for your contributions. I may have indirectly benefited from them so thanks for that if I did!
    Last edited by Theodon; 2011-08-22 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    I just don't get why people feel the need to post these walls of text, especialy on an unofficial forum where their 'last call for help' reaches no-one.
    Just don't play if you don't like the game, come back when you think you will again.
    I hope that if and when you quit people miss you, as I know people will miss Prentice on these forums. It's sad to see people go, especially when they were so constructive and mature with others.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

To all of those that say why not re-roll , here is my 2cents. I have 5 85's a hunter shammy mage DK druid and have rolled other alts to see how i like them. I rolled some duirng cata and some throughout the WoW years. with DF tool it makes lvling a constant run fest. finish 1 run go to next. do 1 quest move on to next. All the same areas all the same dungeons all the same all the sam all the same( you get the idea by know)

OT: to the OP I feel for your loss of your toon and wish you well in other games that you play. I to will be retiring from the WoW world when my current subs go out of date. Good time had in WoW and some great people met along the way.

TO allyou people that get on the OP bout posting bout his leaving you dont like it DO NOT POST the man is telling his tale so to speak for all the friends he has here and to give a closure to a life he lived with a toon

Deleted
    I also quit my paladin about 2-3 months after the launch of cataclysm

Prentice, even though you don't know me, I just want to take this opportunity to say: Thank you! Thanks for all your great video's. I've learned a lot off them.

Good luck in real life and take care!

You've played ret since BC and wish that style of ret was still here, yet complain that you see undergeared other classes out dps you?

Except in rare cases, that was pretty much the motto of ret in BC-getting out dps'd like every other class.

You're just getting tired of playing the same for almost 5 years. Glad you had fun and best of luck in the next game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played the game the same amount of time as you, if not longer, and will continue to play for even longer. But when I quit there is one thing I can gaurentee you, I won't make a thread about it!

Leaving WoW because you class is not what you want it to be is understandable. Gone are days of Hyprid class...and Welome to the days of a simple spec. All classes have been made into as simple as a pvp spec or a pve spec. I miss the days where spec where as differnt as people are. I miss being able to go from tree to tree at will. But this is progession and the way of MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You, Prentice with 3.5k comments, have my full respect.

Deleted
    well i guess now is a good time to quit as Gw2 , Diablo 3 , Swtor and Tera will all be out soon enough.

You could just re-roll and wait for 5.0, but cya and good luck anyway

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Although this doesn't really have anything to do with Paladin discussion and I really should lock it, I'm not since you're a long time poster and have made friends with us all.

Deleted
    a paladin is considered to be the easiest class in the game roll a skilled dps like a lock and i bet you would enjoy the game again.

Nobody likes a troll. Begone with you! - Hitsurugi
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2011-08-22 at 04:36 PM.