Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tanking with thunderfury

So every now and then I will hit the little I button and que for lfd. My item level is 370. Does it make you mad that I use thunderfury even though the run goes smooth. Keep in mind my dps is around 11k. By the way I'm a pally

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the recent tank thread buff, I think you can can even tank with the Bulwark of Azzinoth attached.

/thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the tanking goes well on both threat and survival part, nobody should give a damn what you tank with.

Deleted
    As you as you held threat and everything went okay then I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

But some people will say that you are not working at your full potential and therefore you are hindering the group by having lower dps etc. Though as long as I don't have to heal dps because they've pulled aggro because you're using Thunderfury, then I don't mind.
    Last edited by mmocadda337b13; 2011-08-22 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Spelling/Missing Words

like a bawss
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    yes I think its safe to say that brother is mad.

you are a tank, why would you really care that much? if that group that you get is mad enough to kick the tank and wait for another 20 minutes for a new one - sure they can go ahead. you would still have your instant queue

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    So every now and then I will hit the little I button and que for lfd. My item level is 370. Does it make you mad that I use thunderfury even though the run goes smooth. Keep in mind my dps is around 11k. By the way I'm a pally

No issue what so ever as long as you do your job,,, You start to have threat issues then thats another matter and as pally threat is based of weapon DPS and not damage range then a lvl 60 weapon would become an issue against decent dps...

Was in a HC with a pally who started on the trash with Thunderfury.... about the same lvl gear as yourself and I was a little to close for comfort threat wise and passed him a couple of times on my enh shaman ... would have been intested on my warrior hehe but then do you think that a lvl 60 weps capable of easily holding threat against 20k dps.

So as long as you keep threat on everything and I don't end up tanking for you no issue what so ever.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    Does it make you mad that I use thunderfury even though the run goes smooth.
    Yes, I'm so mad right now, grrrr!

I sometimes play around with engineer items such as gnomish mind control cap or shrinking rays. I use earthshaker in my offhand as I am titan's grip. http://www.wowhead.com/item=17073/earthshaker

After you run the trolls over 100 times it's ok to have some fun. I still do over 20k dps but luck of the draw is pretty OP.
    Reddfoxx the Warrior | @ReddfoxxMX | SWTOR Sentinel Reddfoxx, Marauder Reddfox @ The Harbinger Server

Deleted
    I can understand if they get mad if you/they are trying a ZA timed run, other then that go for it. I just got mine on my mage, but meleeing really hurts my dps. If I were you, I would probably do the same.

I would have put on double threat imbues and see how would you like holding THAT aggro.

And also only autoattack if you counter that by not keeping up
    Last edited by Weerra; 2011-08-22 at 01:38 PM.

I wouldn't mind as long as you hold aggro on AoE when I: Rend - TC - BS my ass of. With recent patch, think it's more than fine!

Thunderfury still has its uses. Granted I quit first month of Cata so I don't remember mechanics well enough to give Cata suggestions. But as recently as 3.3 it had occasional niche applications. Most common is helping your caster dps against mobs that reflect spells. The proc consumes charges of such reflects and allows your dps to continue nuking and not nuke themselves. The last time I remember using that was against those skeletons in forge of souls.

OT: I dunno why anyone would really care even if you tank with a broom and trash can lid, as long as things go alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    OT: I dunno why anyone would really care even if you tank with a broom and trash can lid, as long as things go alright.
    The problems start with the fact that things gain a chance to not go allright, which they wouldn't get otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    The problems start with the fact that things gain a chance to not go allright, which they wouldn't get otherwise.
    Considering how mind numbingly easy heroics were this expansion compared even to the joke that was wrath, I dunno why people would stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    With the recent tank thread buff, I think you can can even tank with the Bulwark of Azzinoth attached.

/thread.
    i usually do that =}

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    at 370 ilvl? Pff, you could tank with no weapon and it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Well, who cares?
    But remind you: Doing more dps reduces the time you have to spend in the dungeon.

Haha, I just finished my Thunderfury last night on my Warrior Tank after ~ 8 months of killing Baron Gheddon for the other half of the bindings.

I thought about using it in Firelands last night.

I used to tank Halls of Reflection HC with Thunderfury. I often got complaints initially, but they shut up once I started taking aggro on everything in there with no problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK tank with Foam Sword ftw!