Deleted

Demo Lock Guildie needing help

Hello, I have a fellow Warlock in my guild who I believe can do more dps than he is and I just want to help him out.

Can you give some advice please on whether he should be doing more dps? Or if his rotation wrong or something.

Thank you!

Armoury - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ehoof/advanced
    WoL - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...v3/?s=68&e=514 - Shannox and Bethtilac
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m1zjhqd35mpng520/ - Baleroc and Ryolith

Thank you for the help in advance. I hope you can provide some .

Not having Moonwell Chalice really hurts a demo lock. His reforging needs a lot of work. He should reforge all crit and haste (above 1000) to hit (between 16.5% & 16.99%) and mastery.

Good God he's using felguard full time when he should be using felguard at start, meta + demon soul + felstorm then instant summon felhunter for the rest of the fight. His DoT uptime is terrible, with the highest being at 88% when they should be closer to 95-97%.

To be honest, your raid composition really could use an overhaul. You have 8 people that need the same tier token. The other 2 need the same token while Warrior, Hunter, Shaman token won't benefit anyone when dropped (and it drops... a lot).

Deleted
    He also seems to be using Incinerate (atleast on Beth) instead of Shadowbolt as a filler...
    Send him on here, we'll sort him out... if not, kick him from raids til he reads up on his class!

wow PPW token... lol it will take forever for you all the get geared. Level some alts or something and start changing mains if you want to keep the same people. (at least 6/10 people in my 10man group have alts capable of subbing w/o missing a beat. Helps a TON)

Other than that tell him to start reading forums, it's easier for someone to learn their class than for you to try and tell them how to play.

Yea I also noticed his shadowbolt is really low on his dmg. In some of my fights Shadowbolt is near the top of my dmg delt along with immolate and stuff. Even so I normally pull 18-20k Dps on Shannox and I dont even have my moonwell yet D:

Looks like he already fixed some things up, but there's still reforging mistakes. Get rid of crit first. On both his gloves and belt he reforged out of haste instead of crit. Do it the other way around. Reforge off all crit first, and then start reforging haste off if you want more mastery/hit.

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems his Battle.net has been updated since this thread was started. I'll give my advice anyways.

His reforges seem fine at a real quick glance, the obvious one being his chest where he has reforged Haste to hit instead of Crit. Crit is worth less than Haste so if there's ever Crit on an item that's what he should be reforging away.

There was a great add-on posted in the news recently called ReforgeLite which has some basic stat weights for all specs and will optimally reforge your gear based on those stat weights. You can even input things like making sure the add-on gets you hit capped. The stat weights can also be personally altered for those running Simulationcraft etc to get a more optimal input.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Report-Comics

I've only looked over the Baleroc kill log, Shannox is an inflated fight due to multi-dotting and can be semi RNG if he's getting Face Rage'd alot. Rhyolith has damage modifiers in the fight and dependant on his role his DPS will be reflective. Beth'tilac is one of the worst Warlock fights in the game prior to Phase 2.

Based on the Baleroc kill the first thing that strikes me is his Corruption up-time. His uptime on the Baleroc kill was only 82% and really anything less than 95% isn't very good, especially with an instant cast DoT on a fight like Baleroc where he really shouldn't be moving. (He only took 33k from Shard of Torment so I cannot imagine he was one of the designed soakers).

He had to recast Immolate once during the fight which isn't really game breaking but could be tweaked, Hand of Gul'dan needs to be used constantly on cooldown. His Doomguard seemed to do really low damage through the fight. Tell him to make sure he's lining up his cooldowns before popping Doomguard. Doomguards take a snap shot of your buffs when you spawn them, therefore spawning them when he has a proc trinket, on use trinket, weapon proc and cloak proc up for example will significantly increase the damage it does, with good cooldown management he could have obtained another 400-500k damage from his Doomguard.

The same can be said for Metamorphasis, if he can tell him to wait until his cooldowns are up, if his trinket is 10 seconds away from being useable tell him to wait until it's useable, use it and then Metamorphasis. Like Doomguards Metamorphasis snap shots your stats when using Metamorphasis therefore will have the same stats for the entire duration, so to get the best use out of it it's best to use it when you have alot of buffs rolling.

He can also drop Felguard glyph, he should be using Felhunter on any single target fight. I would personally advise picking up the Corruption glyph, very nice for impending doom as well as heavy movement fights, like Alysrazor or something along those lines.

Like a previous poster said, if he can reliably do it, he should start the fight with a Felguard, use Soul Burn, then Demon Soul and summon a Felhunter. The Felguards Demon Soul is significantly better then the Felhunter one for Demonology. Again, combining this with trinket procs, weapon procs, trinket uses, pots & racials, popping Metamorphasis and then Doomguard will make him see lots of big numbers.

Deleted
    Having a look at EJ is it worth for him to go for the 1573 haste rating for a 2nd tick?

Thank you all for the help so far. And we are aware of the token situation but there isn't exaclty much we can do the fact that all the good people in our guild run the same classes =/. We have recently acquired a hunter so at least that won't go to waste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjef View Post
    Having a look at EJ is it worth for him to go for the 1573 haste rating for a 2nd tick?

Thank you all for the help so far. And we are aware of the token situation but there isn't exaclty much we can do the fact that all the good people in our guild run the same classes =/. We have recently acquired a hunter so at least that won't go to waste.

There is arguements for and against this.

The arguements for it are that not only are you recieving extra Corruption ticks, but also faster casts naturally get more Impending Doom procs, which means your Metamorphasis is off cooldown quicker.

The arguements against it are that the pure strength of Mastery right now will clearly surpass the extra Corruption tick.

It's maybe worth tweaking about to find an optimum, ideally you want to average a 2minute~ CD for Metamorphasis, so you can Moonwell Chalice (and any other trinkets etc) before popping Metamorphasis, without having to delay Metamorphasis or Moonwell Chalice by any more then 10-15seconds or so.

Deleted
    I'm from the same guild as OP, and indeed same raid group and just thought that I'd contribute a new log of a Baleroc kill which he was featured in.
    Again he was not a designated soaked and stood almost 100% still so to be fair his dps is ridiculously low in the circumstances I feel:

(www)worldoflogs.com/reports/ieau29v7dro0mdhs/sum/damageDone/?s=9051&e=9323

Hopefully this log will be of use to you and just want to say thanks to everyone that's given advice so far, we really need a lock for the buff and it'd be brilliant if we can get his dps up to where it really should be

Deleted
    The last log doesn't look so bad from my point of view...
    Mostly all was done on cd... Trinket, Meta, DS, ... maybe the uptimes of the dots could be better...
    -> the trinket (Moonwell) should be activated before Meta and DS (putting the Trinket and DS in makro and afterwards activating Meta... )

see: imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/wolx.jpg/

-> due to he was not in meele range (not doing the crystals) it is also not possible doing Shadowflame / ImmolationAura(Demo)
    The dmg done (dpse) with his equip (ilvl 367) is ok

The only thing I'd recommend is changing the glyps
    -> Felguard -> Corruption
    -> Shadowflame -> Soul link

Edit: the point invested in "Demonic Empowerment" should be moved in "Master Summoner" (for faster hard casting deamons - when Soulburn not available) or in "Demonic Aegis"
    Last edited by mmoc39113e1296; 2011-08-23 at 02:29 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the help everyone. Just gonna have to wait till the next raid to see if he can put it all to use!

Tell him to pull the Doomguard with Chalice and Proccs of DMC:V and Powertorrent and maybe prepot at start of the fight, he will increase dmg with 600k+ on those fights.

After seeing the latest version of his armory here's a few notes from me.

1. He's over hit cap now (17.26%). That's wasted points that could be spent elsewhere.

2. He has the Demonic Empowerment talent which has zero pve uses.

3. His reforging could still use some work. There are spots he is not reforging crit to hit before all else and even reforges some mastery to hit. Yuk. It looks like he is subscribing to the mastery at all costs method which I personally do not like. Since I have to be flexible with my spec I actually reforge for haste while sacrificing as little if any mastery as possible. While this lowers my numbers in demo I really only go the spec when we need the buff. This allows me to still maintain healthy dps as afflic without becoming useless as demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    2. He has the Demonic Empowerment talent which has zero pve uses.
    This has no effect on his dps whatsoever since it's a filler point to proceed down the tree.

There's quite a bit wrong with the lock in question though. He should start reading up on stickies asap.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

He should start reading up on stickies asap.
    Sticky are outdated here
    cf demo guide still with lash of pain glyph.