Deleted

Alyszrazor 10 Man Healing

Hello there Champions.
    Long time lurker first time poster. It seems that my current guild are struggling little with the healing on Alyszrazor on 10 man (Not HPS or so wise, on that point, they are perforimg just fine) - The issue seems to be our placement. We simply can't seem to find a proper placement in order for our healers to reach their DPS group for Talons, while still being able to properly keep some decent healing on our tanks. Any ideas of how to do this? Since it's the only thing keeping us from going to Tornado / Burn / Tank Phase. Hope you can help :-) ! Kind Regards - k4tamai

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats your healer set up?

We have - Resto Sham, Holy Priest, Holy Paladin.

We put our Resto Sham and Holy Priest on two separate sides, making sure the DPS don't die.
    Our Holy Paladin focuses on the tanks with beacon and whatnot.
    Works like a charm.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Current healer setup is H Priest, R Shammy and R Druid - Worked for us so far, but it seems a little tricky on Alysz atm.

Well your healers take 1 feather each (atleast we do so since we 2 heal it) and then you kinda have to run to tank and talon interrupter. If the interrupter gets a hit its not a death person, rather have an eye on the tank since they can drop quite fast with the debuff up and no worm to soak around. So just adjust them to move, aswell as the tank should get a worm and then move on to the next one ot compensate the runways of the healer.

We do d priest and r druid. As disc you can just spam shields and with borrowed time gheals on tank and if needed on the talon interrupter

With 3 heals we assign 1 heal for each tank on the sides (Disc priest and Shaman in our case) and one heal moving around in the middle (druid in our case) helping where it is needed
    With 2 heals we just assign 1 heal for each tank.
    Since other than the tank no one should take any damage anyway when the dps manage to stay out of the fire and interrupt the fieroblasts there shoudlnt be too many problems concerning group heal and since you can cast while running you can always run in their direction while keeping up heal on tank.

Also we always give the first feathers too our healers (and the one who goes in the air ofc).

Deleted
    Thank you so much for the feedback guys :-) ! Really appriciated, will be sure to bring this up, on our next raid! Sure they will be glad as well.

More suggestions are more than welcome though! Always nice to have some inspiration

When you still cant find a positioning for your heal where they can reach the tanks and the dps you should think about how you position the tanks.
    If your dps dont take a lot of dmge and your tanks survive when the adds throw a tanrum you cold let them pull the adds to the druids as long as they dont need to be fed a new worm.
    If you do this on one hand your tank and dps will be close so that the heal shouldnt have any range problems and on the other hand the melees can cleave the add while killing the druids. If your dps tend to stand in the fire it could wipe you though since the adds will leave their Dots on the meeles from time to time that will bring them to 50% hp (isnt that bad though).

Another tip (you probably know already) dont worry too much about your mana since you can always refill it to 100% in the burn phase you can use a lot more bigger and flashheals than in most other fights.
    Last edited by Letharg; 2011-08-22 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    in our alt raid we have a resto shaman and a holy priest. if your dps are doing it right they take no damage in p1 so the healers can focus entirely on the tanks

pardon my english

15+ Year Old Account
    There should be zero to minimal raid damage. 2 healers are enough, let healers pick up 1-1 feather so they can reach injured dps without much downtime.

Deleted
    we use 2 healers, holy priest + resto shammy. worked pretty well.

Deleted
    Your dps shouldn't be taking much dmg in the first place tbh. I'm guessing they're missing several interrupts?

AS my guilds MT I always run around feeding my add, never had issues. We mark our 2 healers (Hpala/Dpriest) and if they need to heal a dps and the tank is running in the opposite direction, the healers just need to communicate i.e tell the tank to use a CD, tell the dps use a health stone and/or move towards the healer (that doesn't really happen though).

You would avoid the dmg on the dps, if you make sure to interrupt the adds all the time. Also as someone else said, let your healers get one of the first feathers. Remember they can run and heal so they really shouldn't have issues as long as your dps don't fuck up the interrupts.

10+ Year Old Account
    the way we do it on normal is to make sure healers are taking 1-2 feathers each and assigning one healer to each tank (we two heal it). the healers should be able to very easily move with their tank while healing. dps should be dodging fire and interrupting, so they really don't need much healing at all.
    archdruid valentyne -- kel'thuzad, us | RP & M+ PVE

As has been said already, DPS should take zero damage. If they do, they're doing something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have each healer grab one feather at the start, and usually there are enough (I think there are 8-9 total the first time) for ranged dps to take one too. It really helps the dps keep out of fire, and kill the adds in a timely fashion. Even with really bad interrupters, you should be able to manage to get each add down with only getting off one Fieroblast.

For you guys, I'd probably let the Sham and Druid go on tanks, and let the Priest roam around. Its cool to hang out in the middle most of the time, so they can help heal tantrums, just make sure your flyer is calling out when Alysrazor is doing her thing through the middle.

You should also note, that the Initiates come down in the same pattern every single encounter, so your dps should be ready when they land. There are a total of four, and your dps should be putting damage on the hatchlings when they're bored.

Oh, and make sure everyone grabs a second feather the next time Alysrazor comes down.. If there are some left get melee to grab them for the speed boost, this really helps with tornados!
    Last edited by Skelly; 2011-08-23 at 11:33 AM.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use 2 healers - person flying grabs 3 feathers, healers grab 2 each. Healers can now cast on the move and move fast. They only need to stay in range of the tank. People being hit by Brush Fire or Fieroblast is not a healing positioning issue; it's a more general problem with people not being awake.
    This one girl...

Deleted
    Thank you so much for the help guys - Will make SURE to take every single one of your suggestions in to consideration tonight :-)!

Our healers just kind of keep moving when they need to. Their priority is to stay with the tanks, because the dps shouldn't really be taking much damage. With your current setup I'd leave druid to move between groups IF NEED BE. I doubt it'll be a problem, since your healers are good players. If they all get plenty of feathers then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. It's just that they are going to need to move, and should be ready.

tl;dr - Grab Feathers. Stay near tanks.
    d=(^_^)z

Deleted
    We did it with Disc priest, Holy paladin and Resto druid, me being the resto druid.

First feather drops, our shadowpriest takes 3, Me I take 2 so i can run around fast.

Disc is on one tank on the side, Holydin on the other tank, I run around like a headless chicken spamming my skills keeping both tanks up and the other 7 raid members(that is excluding myself)

This tactic has never failed except the first time due to be not being skilled enough to evade all the cleaves and worm breath's Nowadays Im almost lowest on damage taken with just unavoidable damage taken.

EDIT: Silly typo

Our guild two heals as well, we use a R Druid and a R Shaman, our H Priest goes shadow with our mage and nukes alysra for us. Our Healers spend most of their time healing the tanks since the interrupters which is my self and warlock don't tank any damage(DK/Hunter other side). What your problem seems to be is lack of interrupts or lack of interrupting.

15+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, I imagine with a 3 healer tactic you're only having one person go in the air, therefore get your raid to allow your healers to get feathers. There is alot of movement in Alysrazor fight, avoiding worm breaths, brushfires and other things means versatile movement is needed, being able to cast whilst doing so is a significant help.

Since you've not mentioned otherwise, I am presuming this is on normal.

I've just quickly thrown a quick Boss Blue Print guide together for you here; http://bossblueprint.com/view.php?img=1ZYDfw6Wb

This is the tactic we used on our normal kill as well as alt kills every week after. You have 2 DPS starting on the Green Marker which is one of the first initiates, they then move to Purple, then Orange and back to Purple. That will be the spawning rotation on normal. Your other 2 DPS are doing the same, running from Moon, to Blue, to Red and then back to Blue for the 4th initiate.

The skulls represent your Hatchlings, and the Green Shield represents your tanks.

The 1-4 markers represent the worms. With the red + markers representing your healers. Having your healers positioned like this should allow them to be close enough to have 2 healers within range of each tank, and at least 1 healer in range of your DPS incase they take damage also.

Combining that with letting your guild let you take feathers should make things alot easier. If your healers are capable of avoiding alot of the avoidable damage, they shouldn't have a problem keeping people up whilst moving.

My apologies if I have over assisted and the Boss Blue Prints was unnecessary, best of luck on Alysrazor however!