Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Usually my guild doesn't even make it to the orb phase.. What we do is start by stacking. we usually take him to 13-14 stacks. then 5 stacks of cat. 5 stacks of scorp. then 4-5 stacks of cat and then up to 8 stacks of scorp, usually he dies here if not we either had a dps die. so we wouldn't have to worry about the orbs at all. So to me it just sounds like you need to push more stacks in scorp phase and manage healer and tank cooldowns.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therdin View Post
    couple of things I noticed. For sure Blood lust at the start of the fight usually 10secs in, every dps cd is up at that point and your raid will see max benefit from your lust. Saving it for the any point past that is not optimal as you dont know what dps cd's are up at that point.
    Holding lust until later in the first stacking phase isn't for the benefit of the DPS. Holding lust until the 4th or 5th slash is a benefit to the healers. DPS is gonna keep on DPSing no matter what during that first scorpion phase -- the haste benefit of lust is going to help out with healing rain, holy radiance, rejuv, renew and lifebloom ticks as well as giving a faster cast time to bigger, slower spells to allow for topping people off faster.

If anyone is going for stacks > 9 at the start of the fight, you hold the lust until 4th or 5th slash to benefit heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Icenine View Post
    Holding lust until later in the first stacking phase isn't for the benefit of the DPS. Holding lust until the 4th or 5th slash is a benefit to the healers. DPS is gonna keep on DPSing no matter what during that first scorpion phase -- the haste benefit of lust is going to help out with healing rain, holy radiance, rejuv, renew and lifebloom ticks as well as giving a faster cast time to bigger, slower spells to allow for topping people off faster.

If anyone is going for stacks > 9 at the start of the fight, you hold the lust until 4th or 5th slash to benefit heals.
    WoL parses say guilds that know wtf they are doing lust at the start (http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ghelm/10N/dps/). healers need to learn to use cd's in rotation.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therdin View Post
    WoL parses say guilds that know wtf they are doing lust at the start (http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ghelm/10N/dps/). healers need to learn to use cd's in rotation.
    Yeah, and guess what? This is a guild that doesn't know wtf they're doing, so helping their healers by lusting later is going to help them more. Try being less of a jagoff.

No polite way to say this: your arcane mage is bad. Looking over your longest parse (Try 15 7:52 http://worldoflogs.com/reports/g1kko...?s=8963&e=9436), he doesn't know how to stack CDs and messes up his burn and conserve phase (his second evocation was ~3min after his first, it should be used extremely close to 2 minutes after the last one, he popped CDs after this so he either had a burn phase and sat at low mana forever or popped CDs for a conservation phase), he's using Mana Gem after Arcane Power...

These are all terrible mistakes on the relatively simple Arcane rotation. Combine in his 87% uptime and his flawed spec (admittedly a minor issue), and I guess that gives you 13k DPSe. Those numbers were common in ICC; in FL that's just sad. Have him learn to play better or replace him and you won't have to live 8 minutes to down the boss.

Admittedly, your other DPS in the group aren't performing that well either, but I'll let others expand on that.

Deleted
    we got him last night for the first time with one of our main healers missing.
    we did a terrible slash rotation but healing wasn't at its best
    9-6-5-6-7-6(orbs here)-5-Dead here.

Deleted
    I appreciate the sentiment, but to say we don't know wtf we're doing is maybe a bit harsh (to some more than other of course!)

Bearing in mind this was our first full night on the fight and we have two new members I don't think we did too badly... the 'best' wipe was 2%, so if we had the 8% spell damage debuff from our normal moonkin it would probably have been a kill.

That being said, thanks a lot everyone for all the helpful advice, I'm sure we will incorporate some of these points into our next try.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be a dick but you have 3 dps doing worse dps than your tank. Pretty obvious what needs to change.

I love the people who swear you NEED to hero at the start and you NEED to stack scorp stacks higher. Ummm... No you don't

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1251&e=1631

6-6-5-6-5-6-5 With hero on the scorpion phase just before cat orb phase. We kill him like this every week, easy as shit and he pretty much dies as soon as the orb phase starts.

Not saying hero at the start and stacking scorp phase is a bad idea. I just think it's hilarious all the "pros" in this thread that couldn't possibly accept that there is more than one way to skin a cat.
    Last edited by MalooTakant; 2011-08-23 at 06:16 PM.

Death improves everyone's reputation...