Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthahn View Post
    No need to tell me there is too much single player content in the game as it is man. You forgot about the goblin starting zone btw, which we cannot even reach. Then again, here we go AGAIN with the ZONES. We are discussing QUESTS here, are we not? How is a RACE starting zone the same as a SINGLE CLASS QUEST CHAIN. This cannot be THAT hard, is it now?
    Those 900 are just the tards that yelled that WotLK was to easy and then quit because blizzard listened to them and made raiding and gearing "hard" again (turns out NOT feeding players epics makes them go QQ harder then giving them for free to them). These forums create a HUGE pile of hate (and always HAVE done that) towards the game, especially by people not even playing the game anymore (check the poll from a few days back!). Luckily Blizzard doesn't rely on this site only (altough I am sure that they read stuff), something you seem to do a tad too much.
    See, I can make up facts too. Mine are better then yours though. That is a fact.
    Well, who is right now? Me? Or you? Probably me.
    Wait what?

10 Class quests are worse than entire starting zones? What? Everyone has a class, not everyone leveled a worgen or goblin.
    Face it, class quests are flavor and Blizzard is contradicting itself left and right.

Cataclysm had many flaws, Tol Barad alone was a ****ing desaster and so is Archeology. That they wont do anymore class quests has nothing to do with being hard work or that is is counter productive (again, every class gets these quests) they just want to make as less content as possible for maximum profit. We will see how many more people leave and if they were all "retards".

Quote Originally Posted by greenn View Post
    70-80 is 1 hour per level also
    ty for the info havent done northrend since the nerf lol

---------- Post added 2011-08-23 at 11:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Edgetroll View Post
    I'm kind of hoping the "meaningful" difference has to do with the fact that we just KILLED the earth warder and as a result it somehow allows the old gods to start creeping out again. The event could start off nice and creepy/small with people hearing ingame whispers all throughout azeroth and progress with people going mad.
    zomg never tought about this then pandaren come with a special pandaria made ward to make people sane again and to proteect horde and alliance city in a mist that the old god arent able to see trought...........Pandaren are said to predate Night eles they probably have encoutnered and fought oldgod themselves and could and the fight with them so they just decided to hide forever being in children's tales and among myth FUCK YES MAKE IT HAPPEN

---------- Post added 2011-08-23 at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by badmadz View Post
    Well.....i hope that the Deathwing Raid would be realy epic and needs also on normal mode quite a few ids to clear (even for top-guilds). And what would be also interessting are the 3 new 5man instances.....lets hope, that they would be completely different from all what exists in wow uptodate.
    Your expectation are too high, wwe will most likely have a 4-5 boss( this is what I expect it will be only 3 to piss me off) CoT war of the ancient, and a 2 boss dungeon (like FoS) And a 2 boss 1 room 1 hallway one deathwing dungeon lol

edit : everyone else realize we only got 8 boss for 3 dungeon in wrath right? RIGHT???
    Last edited by McFrotton; 2011-08-23 at 03:48 PM.

The shared 10 and 25 man lockout has had both positive and negative effects, it solved the need to do both every week but removed some extra content that could be done every week. Some changes will be made in the future to make everyone happier with the solution.
    I hope this means that 25 mans bring more rewards than just extra loot. Having different titles between 10 man and 25 man end raid boss kills would be nice. I miss the days when you could earn higher level loot for completing 25 man raids.Just feels like there is no incentive anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Neither game has been released yet, nor do they even have a release date for either game.

They don't have release dates like a lot of MMOs, it has no impact on rather the player will play it or not, if they are waiting for it and preordering already then they will be playing it, the point is with games like ToR and GW 2 making much more inovating quest lines and stories for your particular character, it is going to cause blizzard to lose out on subs to games like this, because they do not want to take the time to try anything difficult or challenging.

If Blizzard can not or will not take the time to do anything as simple as Class Quest. then they probably will not take the time to do a lot of other things that need to be done.
    In the end all to be all, making leveling easier and easier for one, does not make a player better, that makes them reliant on hand holding and never getting over a challenge, and to make players better in the end once they hit 85 blizzard should be challenging them with things, and class quest could have been one of the biggest tools into helping a player learn, its sad they will never see that or take advantage of that.

PvP specs, so if blizzard will not do something as simple as Quest creation, then I doubt they will take the time to actually flesh out a pvp spec specific for PvP only, so that PvE never gets nerfed hard for some classes and imbalancing them across the board. In cata they have done an awful job at this and it is because of PvP nerfing the classes on the board of dps numbers are so far in between each other that it makes it so flavor classes are more wanted then others.

I raid PvE and do PvP In all its forms, so the thought of never seeing a decent tune for this, I think it will be one of the biggest factors to make me quit.

Also I don't see there being any more out door bosses AT ALL, since its been clear like that since BC, I do not see any good complicated quest lines that challenge coming at all, Catas quest lines were the same old fashion pick it up and kill it quest, the only "hard"One was the puzzle solve in the hyjal portal area, that was it. All that money they make and them having a lack of show for it, just really burns me.
    Last edited by Biggiej; 2011-08-23 at 04:03 PM.

You people actually LIKED class quests? Let me give you some examples....Water totem quest for shaman. when i did this, i wanted to shoot myself. even if you auto ran, you come back an hour later to find yourself dead by a high level, or having ran into a tree for the whole hour. terrible.Aquatic form quest, while not as bad, was still really tedious, boring, and i can't find how ANYONE thought it was "epic" or "unique".Verigans hand, paladin weapon quest.....this sends you all over the world, sends you into a couple dungeons, (which back then were pretty hard to do at that level) all for a blue 2 hander.i'll admit it wasn't the worst, but that's really drawn out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    You people actually LIKED class quests? Let me give you some examples....Water totem quest for shaman. when i did this, i wanted to shoot myself. even if you auto ran, you come back an hour later to find yourself dead by a high level, or having ran into a tree for the whole hour. terrible.Aquatic form quest, while not as bad, was still really tedious, boring, and i can't find how ANYONE thought it was "epic" or "unique".Verigans hand, paladin weapon quest.....this sends you all over the world, sends you into a couple dungeons, (which back then were pretty hard to do at that level) all for a blue 2 hander.i'll admit it wasn't the worst, but that's really drawn out.
    We are not talking about previous quests but about new ones. I would really like to see/do something new when I level my priest alt after my warrior main. Class quests could actually be a good investment for developpers because this would encourage rerolling and with just some class quests some of their customers would spend a lot of time rerolling instead of quitting the game, bored.

I wouldn't mind them increasing the loot in 10mans that would be amazing

New players are still having trouble with the first 30 minutes and five levels of the game, more hand holding is coming for very basic concepts like moving, questing, fighting, and looting.
    I was raiding Molten Core as a Druid in 5th grade! How hard can Anvilmar and Northshire be?

Deleted

Cool

"New players are still having trouble with the first 30 minutes and five levels of the game, more hand holding is coming for very basic concepts like moving, questing, fighting, and looting."

Who else laughed?

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    "New players are still having trouble with the first 30 minutes and five levels of the game, more hand holding is coming for very basic concepts like moving, questing, fighting, and looting."

Who else laughed?
    I might have cried. Laughing was when they tried that for Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Melilithia View Post
    "RealID LFD grouping was originally going to be paid because of the similarity to Paid Character Transfers, but they decided it was the right thing for the game to offer it for free." I LOVE YOU NOW BLIZZ.
    Dont let blizzard fool you. It was right for the game because of the massive QQ against a paid version.

Quote Originally Posted by lonedrifter View Post
    I have to agree on that I love the fan art that comes up on MMO-Champ forums occasionally though, i usually end up changing my desktop background when a nice one like this one catches my eye <3~
    I just about always keep the same background, But for once, after seeing that art, I do believe I have found something worthy of my new background. =]

New players are still having trouble with the first 30 minutes and five levels of the game, more hand holding is coming for very basic concepts like moving, questing, fighting, and looting.
    I've leveled a couple new toons recently and this is what I hate in the first few levels:
    1. The quests auto accept for you meaning that when you are used to accepting your own quests it will make a negative buzzer sound.
    2. There isn't enough bag space. You essentially pray for a bag to drop so you can loot everything and not have to go back to town to sell every 10 minutes.
    3. The money rewards you earn from quests aren't enough to pay for your talents. I found this at Level 15 in particular, where I needed around 64 silver to pay for my bear tanking talents and the total moneys I had from quest rewards and looting stuff was around 20 silver. I had someone run us through Wailing Caverns and then I was able to get enough coin plus stuff to sell for the talents I needed.
    4. The RAF restrictions not being lifted for up to 72 hours after initiating it are highly, highly annoying. Especially not being able to trade or get BoA's from the mail.
    5. The quest rewards are crappy grey/white gear, further causing a new player to join a battleground at Level 10 to get smoked because the gear has no stats on it at all.
    6. The starter quests are still "Kill 10 boars" type of quests.

So I believe it's not hand holding that is what's needed. It's something meaningful in terms of rewards that are needed.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Belf dk fanart is cool

4.3-4.4 or next expantion; blizz you have any plan for pvp balance? i want to back, im wait some good news.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I hope the 4.4 event won't be as shitty as the Pre-Cataclysm one. They need to stop giving into the community's bitching and provide us a world event equal to the Pre-Wrath event. If you want to make it memorable MAKE IT STAND OUT.
    Agreed. I loved the pre Wotlk event where you could turn into a ghoul and kill other friendly people, epic feeling ^^

So it seems this the list that tells us what's to come and there's something missing... When are our 'account bound' heirlooms going to stop becoming realm bound and actually become account bound? I've spoken to several GMs about it and asked them to move heirlooms for me (I think I deserve that after all the money I've spent on transfers etc) and they all tell me that they can't do it BUT Blizzard are working on making them properly 'account bound'.Anything on this? Can't be fucked grinding hours and hours of heroics for heirlooms again.

"New players are still having trouble with the first 30 minutes and five levels of the game, more hand holding is coming for very basic concepts like moving, questing, fighting, and looting." omg rofl.

Is that blood elf DK dual-wielding Frostmourne? I wish our characters could look like the fanart

And lol ''New players are still having trouble with the first 30 minutes and five levels of the game, more hand holding is coming for very basic concepts like moving, questing, fighting, and looting.''. Isn't the game easy enough already? If they can't even do the 1-5 quests, they should ask themselves if they should really be gaming at all. Or they are just likely CoD players

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Is that blood elf DK dual-wielding Frostmourne? I wish our characters could look like the fanart

And lol ''New players are still having trouble with the first 30 minutes and five levels of the game, more hand holding is coming for very basic concepts like moving, questing, fighting, and looting.''. Isn't the game easy enough already? If they can't even do the 1-5 quests, they should ask themselves if they should really be gaming at all. Or they are just likely CoD players
    Morel like farmville players who have never played an actual videogame before. I think blizzard literally is trying to cash in even on non-gamers with this move.