Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    They need to add two separate progression paths for 10m and 25m.

Not really, I'd rather run 10M on my alt than on my main.

When this was announed I called it would kill 25 mans, there's now 2 25 man guild's on my server and my own guild had to become a 10 man. This was the biggest mistake blizz made, it didn't kill subs but it killed 25 raids.

Deleted
    Separate lockouts for 25 man and 10 man would only benefit 25 man raiders.

Separate lockouts for normal and heroic mode would benefit raid groups of both size.

Option 2 is infinitely preferable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    When this was announed I called it would kill 25 mans, there's now 2 25 man guild's on my server and my own guild had to become a 10 man. This was the biggest mistake blizz made, it didn't kill subs but it killed 25 raids.
    The shared lockout made people pick. I agree that a lot of guilds picked 10mans over 25mans.... but I wouldn't argue that is necessarily a bad thing. If it killed 25man raids, it's because people didn't want to run 25mans. If they didn't want to run them but only were because they felt obligated in order to get the best loot, then killing them is arguably not a bad thing.

I enjoy progression raiding, but I dislike the 25man environment. Having raided in large groups since classic, Cataclysm is the first time I'm running a 10man and I like it. The group feels more intimate, the logistics are easier, and everyone is good friends.

I realise both sizes have their pros and cons, but the frustrations of the 25man logistics made them a pain to run. Additionallly, I have never been in a 25man, ever, that didn't compromise on some of the people we had to bring in order to run. I don't like having to carry around some super terrible players only because we desperately need healers and we've having trouble finding better on short notice. It's also a lot harder to form an intimate bond with 25 people and be able to anticipate their moves, and do be a cohesive unit. Even something as minor as vent ends up being more frustrating then helpful. So I can't run a 10 and a 25man anymore, so I chose 10mans. I chose them because I like 10mans better. I'm happy. Love my raid group, logistics are easier, everyone feels a sense of friendship and behaves better as a result. We don't have morale issues from having to carry people who are bad or run with folks we don't like simply to get enough warm bodies.

If progression raiding required 25mans again, I would run one, but it would be at the cost of some enjoyment.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I want separate lockouts back, I liked running 25-man on normal days then running 10-mans on the weekend for fun or a little extra gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The shared lockout made people pick. I agree that a lot of guilds picked 10mans over 25mans.... but I wouldn't argue that is necessarily a bad thing. If it killed 25man raids, it's because people didn't want to run 25mans. If they didn't want to run them but only were because they felt obligated in order to get the best loot, then killing them is arguably not a bad thing.
    Go roll a DK, take a break for a year and solo old content, you can have tons of fun rolling with the smallest group possible, yourself.
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magisleeper View Post
    Go roll a DK, take a break for a year and solo old content, you can have tons of fun rolling with the smallest group possible, yourself.
    Aside from being completely unappealing, I'm not sure how that is remotely related to what I posted.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    no matter what way u look at it, 10 and 25man shared lock cos of blizzard slackness to come up with more loot and nothing else, bring back seperate locks plz.

I believe that Blizzard will continue with the same system in place as of today (shared raid lockouts for 10/25 and heroics).
    However, I think with the implementation of the raid finder Blizzard will allow players to queue for raids over and over again in some fashion.

This will be most likely similar to the Random Heroic Finder, where you can run the same dungeon twice in a row even if you are locked out from it already.

For example:
    Raid Finder 1.0:

Random Queue Options:
    Tier 1 (353 Ilvl req)
    -BWD
    -BoT
    -To4W
    Tier 2 (360 ilvl req)
    -Firelands

This system would work well if choosing Random Raid would not result in being saved to a raid lockout.

But in terms to the OP's question, it is highly unlikely we will see separate lockouts again for 10s/25s.

It's funny how all the people who raid 25 man think it's so impossible and INCREDIBLY difficult. I've raided both on HC and honestly there were some pretty bad failbobs in the 25 man guild (which is one of the reasons I left) we still got to majordomo. On 10 man I found myself failing on the simplest things and wiping the whole raid resulting in an inconvenient silence on TS. The ONLY thing that is harder on 25 man is getting the people to do it. I bet 20 good people could do everything up to Majordomo on HC, rag is a whole different story... both in 10 and 25 man.

So stop posing like a pro because you do 25 mans you're probably not the one responsible for getting the people together anyways and you're actually playing EZMODE since you're not the one having to organize so many people. There are very very few fights that are harder on 25 man and they're only slightly harder.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't like them to go back and separate the lockouts.

I'm enjoying my small 10man raiding and I would hate to feel the need to go back to doing both 25man and 10man in a week. I got very fed up of raiding the same content twice a week just to keep up with the progressing and raiding.

The only way I could see it being viable would be to split the lockout but keep the valor-cap, the gear ilevel and the achievements all the same. The only difference would be that you could do 25man and then 10man to get twice as much gear in a week. Which again would make me feel like I need to go raid in a 25man guild to get as much gear as fast as possible.

However. It would be nice to get some distinction between 10 and 25 man progression. I'm not sure who has killed what bosses on what modes and it's a little confusing. With my guild being a 10man guild it would be nice to see where we rank amongst other 10man guilds.
    Last edited by Hulari; 2011-08-24 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    It's funny how all the people who raid 25 man think it's so impossible and INCREDIBLY difficult.
    I don't really see people saying that, to be honest.

Where have you heard that?

| twitch | bsky
    |

The seperate lockouts penalised a lot of players who did not have the desire to or opportunity to run both sizes.
    Progression in one size should not be determined by your ability to gain better or more gear by running the other.
    You should not be able to run 25m to gain better gear than 10m so you can then gain a gear advantage over that available in 10m both in ilvl and in more of it.
    I hope the shared lockout remains, so progression is limited by the skill of the raid, not their gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Donalduckadin View Post
    I want separate lockouts back, I liked running 25-man on normal days then running 10-mans on the weekend for fun or a little extra gear.
    That is the problem.
    Extra gear whch those only running 10m do not have.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-08-24 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    "The shared 10 and 25 man lockout has had both positive and negative effects, it solved the need to do both every week but removed some extra content that could be done every week. Some changes will be made in the future to make everyone happier with the solution."

I wonder...
    My thoughts are honestly that they'll probably allow you to do both in the same week, but it's going to have some kind of penalty. That, or you need to have at least 2+ unsaved players (10 man) or 10+ unsaved players (25 man) to go with your main raid into another lockout. That could be interesting as well and would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    I doubt they'll seperate them again totally, although I prefered it.
    I agree, it gave me more to do in game every week now i find myself afk and bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Skargasm View Post
    I agree, it gave me more to do in game every week now i find myself afk and bored.
    If you haven't downed Rag on HC with ease I don't see why you would get bored. There's a lot more to the game than doing firelands on normal. We can actually 8 man it but rag on HC is a real challenge and everyone is investing a lot of time in strats/camps to figure the perfect way to beat it.