144. This poll is closed
  • Yes

67 46.53%
  • No

77 53.47%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'll buy the game when it releases, but they failed on their pre-order system.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Yes, standard edition. the only thing i wanted was the early access. the CE seemed like a huge waste of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the poll is split 50/50 atm.

Yes, I pre-ordered the CE, which is what I typically get with games. For those still iffy on the game, you can pre-order and not pay a dime. They are doing beta weekends next month for those that pre-ordered. If you don't like the game, you can cancel your pre-order. Also, the release window is Holiday 2011. It is not uncommon for a game to not have a release date up until about 6 weeks before launch. Rumor is that we will get a release date some time in September based on the beta events and what may or may not need to be fixed.

Red zone here hence the No .
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    I wont bother with SWTOR. Was really looking forward to it a year ago but today it just looks static like every other MMO cept WoW. That's the No.1 reason why I haven't left WoW for good.
    Wow a person who didn't buy it because it looked to dissimilar to WoW. That might actually be a first lol.

They don't pre-order to my country. Also, I'm a bit disappointed at them for not including same-gender romance arcs in the game, at least for release, and not giving a sincere or conclusive response about it, even though there's a poll on their official forums that shows that most people are willing to play a same-gender romance arc. These were a big plus of a BioWare game for me.

I feel twice dismissed. Still, if they give a reasonable answer about that second issue, even if it's "EA has us grabbed by the balls, they don't let us because they want to attact insecure teen males to the game and drain their money", I might still play.

I preorder all my games now. I live in the middle of nowhere and amazons release day delivery is awesome for me. So yeah, I got SWTOR preordered. As well as Mass Effect 3, and GW2 when I can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnoto View Post
    Yes, I pre-ordered the CE, which is what I typically get with games. For those still iffy on the game, you can pre-order and not pay a dime. They are doing beta weekends next month for those that pre-ordered. If you don't like the game, you can cancel your pre-order. Also, the release window is Holiday 2011. It is not uncommon for a game to not have a release date up until about 6 weeks before launch. Rumor is that we will get a release date some time in September based on the beta events and what may or may not need to be fixed.
    Not true, pre-ordering the game does not guarantee you a beta weekend. The Beta weekends are for anyone that is registered on the official website, pre-orders have nothing to do with it.

Deleted
    Nah. I am up in the air about even playing it at this point. I certainly wont pre order a game without knowing how much a sub will be or when the release date is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have had the original preordered for well over a year and half...
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Pre-ordered and recieved my code for CE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, haven't gotten around to it yet...I generally don't pre-order games anyways.

I won't preorder until I have a chance to try the game. Right now it doesn't look like something I'll be interested in much beyond a month.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Yes, I can't wait for SWTOR!!!!!!

AT first I was not going to pre-order, but temptation made me cave in, and I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition.

CE is just too much money.

I will wait until release. A gamer website that I trust played SW:TOR on gamescom. They said the story telling was not that great for example when you choose something, the game doesn't like the answer and some how turn back to same question and force you to chose the right answer.This is what the website exactly said and combat was not so dynamic. It seems all the critics that have been pointed out is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Not true, pre-ordering the game does not guarantee you a beta weekend. The Beta weekends are for anyone that is registered on the official website, pre-orders have nothing to do with it.
    Correct however,Preorders does give early game access.

Quote Originally Posted by Xleetskeetx View Post
    I don't pre-order anything anymore because I don't support all of that "PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET X AND Y ITEMS/ARMOR/COSTUME", I don't know if TOR even has that crap, but I just don't pre-order.
    That. I don't pre order anymore either.

Unless there is some major change in the game that will make it terrible (like the RMAH in D3 that makes me not want the game at all anymore) I am most definitely going to get the game.

I like MMOs but WoW went sour awhile ago and blizzard seems to just get worse everyday so it will be a nice welcome change while staying in the same genre.