Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you game with your Spouse/Partner?

So I am at work bored, and thought this would be a interesting conversation starter.

So do you game with your spouse/partner? If so do you share many similar tastes or are they drastically different.

My fiancee and I used to play WoW together frequently, but since i quit that we have not found too many games that we share an interest in. I am more into all sorts of games, from shooters to rts to epic rpgs. My fiancee is more into WoW and karaoke/band games.

She enjoyed watching me play Mass Effect and we are both planning on playing TOR. She frequently wants to try a shooter like Halo/cod/BF but it makes me grind my teeth and cringe watching her stare into space and randomly throw grenades. I also refuse to play fighting games with her because she just uses one move over and over and it gets to the point where i dont even have to open my eyes to win :P
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Deleted
    Simple games like Call of duty, yes. Anything complex and he just cannot keep up.

10+ Year Old Account
    My fiancee cant play Cod to save her life (something about dual analogs or something). But she was pretty good in wow...Raided ICC as a hunter (i know big surprise) and was generally a higher dps who rarely died to stupid. Now she just pvps and is playing a mage. She can only play ranged for some reason, let her play a melee toon and it just hilarious.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hub-san is mah tank and I R his healz. Since Release. We are both good at what we do so he is always main tank and I am usualy his healer. In fact we even play him as a male BE pally tank and I as a Fem BE pally healer. Gay, I know. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but I wish I did. Fortunately I will start playing with her once she can get a decent GFX card to handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanephilosophy View Post
    My hub-san is mah tank and I R his healz. Since Release. We are both good at what we do so he is always main tank and I am usualy his healer. In fact we even play him as a male BE pally tank and I as a Fem BE pally healer. Gay, I know. :P
    Lol not at all...i always tank and my fiancee had a priest who would heal, and when cata first release she never had to wait in queues. In TOR we plan on playing tank (me) healer (her), we even were going to have an ingame relationship (when they first were theorized to be possible between two players, now it is just between companions).

My wife and I raid together, we are 3/7 H in firelands, but she is much more into dailies and pets and mounts, and makes about $60k gold/week, Where as I just raid, and run enough randoms to get enough cloth to sell to cover my gems/enchants/etc :P

Not my "hub" but boyfriend and I played WoW together, GW, and try out a lot of free MMO's together to see if they're any good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Not my "hub" but boyfriend and I played WoW together, GW, and try out a lot of free MMO's together to see if they're any good.
    I am generally the "tester" i will download f2ps or try new games on steam, and if i like it and she seems interested only than will we download her a copy.

10+ Year Old Account
    My bf had seriously never played a video game before we started dating. I made him start playing PC games, xbox, Playstation. Now he is hooked. Like blood and I am also the "tester" and will say that this game sounds fun or new or interesting and we will try it out together. So I hit the jackpot, I found a non gamer and converted him!

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Sadly she only plays games like farmville, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I met my gf on WoW, and we still play together as often as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orist View Post
    My bf had seriously never played a video game before we started dating. I made him start playing PC games, xbox, Playstation. Now he is hooked. Like blood and I am also the "tester" and will say that this game sounds fun or new or interesting and we will try it out together. So I hit the jackpot, I found a non gamer and converted him!
    My fiancee was the more athletic and outdoors type, she played the occasional game but nothing serious...until me, now she has played wow for about 3 years and is always interested in new games...she loved portal, although she could only really play it well on the pc. Heck we hinted we may slip a video game song into our wedding, just to see if any of our friends catch it.

I game with my boyfriend all of the time. =)
    We played WoW together. (I actually started playing WoW to get to know him better, haha...), and then we both quit at roughly the same time and are playing TF2 and LoL together. We're waiting for GW2 and D3 now. Looking forward to it. =D I couldn't imagine not having a gamer partner!

Deleted
    I've never dated a gamer...my girlfriends just have never been remotely interested. It's something that's been a big part of my life since forever so it would be really cool to be with someone who shares that interest - especially MMOs and whatever, must be kinda nice to always have someone to have fun with or have your back etc.

Deleted
    Nope and I kind of like it that way. Best thing that we had was mario kart on ds on the plane going on holiday. She cant work 2 joysticks at once, beat em ups are fine but she doesnt like SSF4 :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    I've never dated a gamer...my girlfriends just have never been remotely interested. It's something that's been a big part of my life since forever so it would be really cool to be with someone who shares that interest - especially MMOs and whatever, must be kinda nice to always have someone to have fun with or have your back etc.
    I wouldn't have it any other way...although sometimes it can cause issues....I used to be an officer of a 25man raid guild and when i had a falling out, the guild kicked me and than abruptly kicked her just because she is my GF. Also i would not advise doing arenas with a partner.....because if it goes badly your sleeping on the couch :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    My fiancee was the more athletic and outdoors type, she played the occasional game but nothing serious...until me, now she has played wow for about 3 years and is always interested in new games...she loved portal, although she could only really play it well on the pc. Heck we hinted we may slip a video game song into our wedding, just to see if any of our friends catch it.
    Go Go Portal 1 + 2 Credit songs!

I don't play WoW with her, but I do play some games. Borderlands is currently our favorite game to play together. She loves it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotai View Post
    Go Go Portal 1 + 2 Credit songs!
    Portal's 1 credit song will definitely get played...if at the very least at the reception.