Disc PvP 4.2 Help!

I need advice for enchants, gems and stat priority for a Disc PvP priest! Thats about it, thanks! :b

iirc stat priority is int > resil > spirit > haste > mastery > crit...

for enchants/gemming i generally try to gem int/spi and enchant heartsong/darkglow embroidery as regen can be an issue for disc in arenas...

With my Disc priest, I have been stacking with int/resil and enchanting with resil and int. Regenerating mana shouldn't be a problem because battles usually don't take long, and if you need to regenerate mana you can use hymn of hope or use shadowfiend pet to recover lost mana.

Deleted
    Well like Pottsy said, Int > resi > haste > mastery > crit for stat prio, and have tsunami or core of ripeness as your 2nd trinket or you will feel the decline of mana on heated matches. Plus i find anything over 3.6k resi is overkill due to how much your heals/shields/regen suffer due to loss of int.

My 2cents

^ Troof. Not a lot to add here...YouTube some priest pvp and check out the armory of the characters.

DMC:Tsunami stacks are magic buffs and will also help provide some dispel resistance.

Very rarely will mana be an issue. In my experience, losses are usually from getting chain cc'd and unable to heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denae View Post
    DMC:Tsunami stacks are magic buffs and will also help provide some dispel resistance.

Very rarely will mana be an issue. In my experience, losses are usually from getting chain cc'd and unable to heal.
    Agree, which the chain cc part.

Other than that, I learned alot from http://www.arenajunkies.com/

since we're in a pvp thread, i play 2s with a buddy for funsies, obviously not anywhere close to an important or balanced bracket... and i'm moderately well geared (~3.8k resil in mostly ruthless gear)... yet we seem to have a problem keeping me alive against double melee teams...

my partner is a dk, frost at that, so there isn't a whole lot he can do for me other than a deathgrip/chains of ice and wish me luck...

any suggestions? as i'm dying even after using pretty much every cd at my disposal to survive...

Well, in most PvP the healer is the target (even if you are playing SPriest). Use your CC like fear to help out. Not standing in one spot to heal is another. Renews, PW:Shield, and Prayer of Mending can done while running and your plate wearing opponents will have a harder time hitting you. As for casters, try to stay behind them (usually can't hit what you don't see). You'll still be a target, but hopefully your friend can take out one of your opponents before they take you out so you have a better chance of survival.

Vicious Gladiator's Emblem of Tenacity + Desperate Prayer really can be a life saver when in a oh shit situation (two melee's burning CD's and your mate is in a cc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denae View Post

As a Priest that is just starting to get into PvP, can you please elaborate on this statement.

I thought that DMC:T was a must have trinket, did this change in S10? What two trinkets are best for 2v2, 5v5 and RBG's?

Currently running with DMC:T and on use SP trinkets, but as a BElf (should have geared my Undead Priest) I know I need to buy the on use CC removing trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    As a Priest that is just starting to get into PvP, can you please elaborate on this statement.

I thought that DMC:T was a must have trinket, did this change in S10? What two trinkets are best for 2v2, 5v5 and RBG's?

Currently running with DMC:T and on use SP trinkets, but as a BElf (should have geared my Undead Priest) I know I need to buy the on use CC removing trinket.
    When someone casts dispel magic on you, it takes off a random magic buff on you. Since each stack of the tsunami trinket counts as a magic buff, there's less a chance that a dispel on you takes off something important like Fear Ward. Grace stacks works the same way. I see many top rated priests using this trinket. And yes, you need the cc removing trinket with resilience, no question.

As for not dying to double melee...yeah...I dunno. Unless you have a team mate like a frost mage that can get them off your face, you will eventually run out of cooldowns and die. Warrior + DK is just a nightmare to survive against.

L2LOS
    L2Death Sheep/Blind/Scatter/Traps

Get FMP/RET-rogue-YOU and free ratings

los, los, los man

Deleted
    Stat priorities depends on comp/playstyle and personal preferences.
    However most people stick to Int > Spirit > Res for main stats.

For the rest of the stats you need:
    4% hit = 410 hitrating at lvl 85 (Easy to obtain through reforging)
    240 spell penetration against mages. 195 spell penetration for anything else.

In general:
    Offensive playstyle/comp: Haste > Crit > Mastery (Faster casts/lower gcd)
    Defensive playstyle/comp: Mastery > Crit (Bigger shields)
    A combination of both: Crit > Haste/Mastery (rng with crit can win games)

No matter what it's not a whole lot of rating to shuffle around anyway. Your choice is the 4-set Mooncloth and then one Satin piece being either head (haste), legs (mastery) or gloves (crit).
    Basicly you will see high rated priest 'stacking' any of it and succeding with it, as mentioned in the beginning it's all about playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Richald View Post
    los, los, los man
    LOS Against double melee comps? Fantastic advice.

@Pottsy710, not much you can do. I've been absolutely raped by double melee or hunter / melee teams wearing full pve gear in 2's. I can survive the first 10 seconds with all my cooldowns but if your partner can't kill one or at least peel one off you there is not much that you can do once you've blown all your CDs.

Deleted
    play 3v3, it's way more balanced than 2v2 and healer vs healer matches wont take 30 min...

Quote Originally Posted by Aregios View Post
    play 3v3, it's way more balanced than 2v2 and healer vs healer matches wont take 30 min...
    yeah, that would be ideal, unfortunately my buddy i play with doesn't have a mage/feral/rogue... I'm not sure what 3s comps are out there in which a Disc priest is the preferred healer...

lol... maybe i'll just roll a freaking resto shaman for pvp purposes...

15+ Year Old Account
    As a Frost Death Knight and a Disc Priest, I can suggest a few things:
    • Pop Pain Suppression and be ready to use Desperate Prayer when they pop their CDs. DP will be great for getting rid of Necrotic Strike stacks and recovering from a stun.
    • Keep Renew rolling at all times.
    • Try to juke (fake cast a spell to make them interrupt, it's hard to do with two melee on you but it's not impossible and saves lives when you can.
    • Using Psychic Scream and then hiding around a pillar/tombstone/boxes/etc will save you from Death Grips, Charges, Pounces and so on. Gives you breathing time.
    • You should have no issue running from them if the Death Knight uses Chains of Ice on both them and then you use Holy Walk to breeze away.
    • Your Death Knight should be able to use Hungering Cold on the melee if they are on you. You won't see focus interrupts until 1800+.

TLDR; Snare and run. Use CDs when they use CDs. ProM and Renew 100% on CD/up-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy710 View Post
    yeah, that would be ideal, unfortunately my buddy i play with doesn't have a mage/feral/rogue... I'm not sure what 3s comps are out there in which a Disc priest is the preferred healer...
    Ret Paladin/Frost DK/Disc Priest is a mean 3v3. Also, Resto Shaman nerfs inc.