Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Such a good game, how I miss it. I'm really hoping Deus Ex: Human Revolution brings back that same feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Naturae View Post
    Command and Conquer: Renegade was Westwood's best game...aweeeeesome. Then EA bought them and they never made a good C&C again.
    Renegade is considered by many, and rightfully so, to be the worst game ever set in the C&C universe. It was horrid. I'd say Red Alert 3 might be as bad, but it's pretty close with regards to awfulness.

Just bumping this one last time:

If anyone needs a way to get the game to work on new computers PM me please.

It runs perfectly now on my Windows 7 64-bit.
    I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all.

Command and Conquer: Renegade was Westwood's best game...aweeeeesome. Then EA bought them and they never made a good C&C again.
    Ahhhh yeah, good ol' Renegade. I spent so much time playing that game that I was consistently top-50 ranked. Also, by far the best sound in any game ever when you killed another player. Nothing like running someone over in a Mammoth Tank and hearing "boink."

The days of Blizzard vs. Westwood, you will be missed

Play nice. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-08-24 at 02:34 PM.

<== Read the book watched the movies (all versions I mean) and played the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Loved that game. Bladerunner is one of my favorite movies of all time.
    couldn't agree more

Hehe funnily enough I am reading the book right now ("Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" by Philip K. Dick). Only halfway through, but so far it is very different from the movie, though the general concept and atmosphere is the same. Haven't ever played the game though, would love to some day.

Btw, if you like Bladerunner and enjoy reading Sci-Fi, you MUST read "Neuromancer" by William Gibson. I read it last year and it blew my mind.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Yes Yes Yes. Blade Runner 4 CD Box with the explaination of a "Replicant" inside, was just a milestone and my first game for a PC ever. I loved it and I think I'd still, since the story and the gimmicks it had (remember the zooming at start in this pet shop to the car's license plate). Oh lord this was such an epic game.
    Last edited by bondgirl; 2011-08-24 at 03:13 PM.

I really loved Renegade too, it was atleast a FPS with an unique multiplayer gameplay, instead of all those CoD clones we get nowadays. Sadly the game didn't do that well, despite that I myself was addicted to that game. Many people called the graphics poor, or they flamed Westwood that they should focus on RTS instead of making a FPS for once.

I don't blame Westwood, they just wanted to try something new instead of making RTS games all over again. But its sad these games didn't didn't do well :S

I played this game, I loved the opening sequence. Older games had the best cinematics, unfortunately Blade Runner was too hard =P

It reminds me of Syndicate, have you guys played that one?

10+ Year Old Account
    The game was actually very very good, I remmeber playing it, and tohught it was nearly as good as the movie :P

Deleted
    I am a huge bladerunner fan, I think it is one of the best films ever made, and best soundtrack hands down.

I did actually get this game free bundled with my first PC, but I didnt get to far with it, seemed I was running to every location over and over. It may have something to do with the fact I accidentally killed an NPC and hid him in a bin. When I returned the body was gone and apparently the police suspected me in the crime. I think this ruined the game for me somehow

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Renegade?.... Hah, that thing was beyond terrible, it was ridiculously bad. Red Alert 2, however, now that was a brilliant game. Even C&C 3 was a good game, RA3 and C&C4 however.... Well, let's just pretend they don't exist, shall we?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    "They say you... BREAD RUNNER!"

I remember that flash video advertisement on websites everywhere when the game came out. I have the game, installed it once, but never played it. It still sits on my shelf of purchased, but unplayed games from the last 20 years. Maybe I'll have to start digging some of that stuff out and do some old-school gaming.

This was the first pc title I ever played. And I haven't returned to console gaming since. This game changed my perception of what a game was. There was so much detective work, voight kamphs (sp?) and I think I only fired my gun once throughout the entire game which is a nice change from most titles. The scenes were all so atmospheric and realistic. I remember hopping around tied to a chair for about 15 minutes before figuring out how to free myself, haha. I really wish I could play through this game again.

Deleted
    I love my point an click adventures..

But this game would crash at a set point..no matter how many times i tried a re-install ..

Also outcast would crash everytime i left the boat with the fisherman on, 2 great games i never finished..

I think we need a Point and Click thread...they are, and will remain my guilty pleasure ;-)
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2011-08-25 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Renegade?.... Hah, that thing was beyond terrible, it was ridiculously bad.
    Obviously never played the multiplayer, it was epic.

Pretty much every C&C after Generals was awful. The only one that was really beyond terrible is Tiberian Sun, mostly because they made us wait so long for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aammadan View Post

Pretty much every C&C after Generals was awful. The only one that was really beyond terrible is Tiberian Sun, mostly because they made us wait so long for it.
    Renegade's single player was pretty blend, but the multiplayer was indeed epic, but imo it was too ahead of its time, people didn't have the internet connection to support the large scale combat with vehicles.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Generals... Ah yes, I tend to forget that game, since it had nothing to do with either Red Alert or the usual C&C storyline, and the system seemed much more like Warcraft. Didn't like it either tbh. And no, I didn't play Renegade multiplayer

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The only one that was really beyond terrible is Tiberian Sun, mostly because they made us wait so long for it.
    Tiberian Sun terrible??? I can easily rate it my 2nd best and favorite C&C game, with Red Alert 2 taking the first price. I think that game was a great sequal to Tiberian Dawn, it introduced a lot more and different units, it showed more of Nod's and kane's true colors, it has a great atmosphere, the cast was great and the cutscenes were awesome. Sadly Tiberian Sun was unfinished when it got released, because of EA pushing Westwood to release it earlier...