Poll: Which raid is the least fun?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Am I the only one who noticed that SSC/TK were listed, but Hyjal, which was by far the worst designed raid in the history of WoW was not? If I did my math correctly, Hyjal (tier 6) would be considered later than SSC/TK (tier 5).

Quote Originally Posted by Youknowme View Post
    The correct answer is ToC.
    Hyjal is the correct answer. ToC, while utter garbage, wasn't the absolute pile of festering cat shit that Hyjal was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be the dissenter who really liked Hyjal. Yes, the style of it made it frustrating after wipes when you were doing progression work and had to redo all that trash each time, but on the flip side it only had 8(?) trash packs and once you had the place on farm, it only took like 45 minutes. It was an interesting change of experience which gave it novelty compared to other raids, and a lot of the boss fights were cool.

It's not on my top five list, but I definitely didn't hate it. I can think of a lot of other raids I liked less.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Eye of Eternity because of the drakes, I guess.

ToC was pretty bad but only because you could run it four times a week and had to have an arena match in the middle. If you were in my guild who could only clear 10 man normal it wasn't that bad.
    i dont understand this EoE hate i see around, i find NOT having to do my simple rotation made it more fun, and its not like it was any hard to do what you had to :/

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 01:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'll be the dissenter who really liked Hyjal. Yes, the style of it made it frustrating after wipes when you were doing progression work and had to redo all that trash each time, but on the flip side it only had 8(?) trash packs and once you had the place on farm, it only took like 45 minutes. It was an interesting change of experience which gave it novelty compared to other raids, and a lot of the boss fights were cool.

It's not on my top five list, but I definitely didn't hate it. I can think of a lot of other raids I liked less.
    I got to agree that hyjal was fun, especialy the first time there, when i was tanking, and we didnt have a pala tank. tho i can understand people not liking it, since it kinda sucked ass to wipe on the 6-8th pack because people were just slacking, or wiping at 4th boss trash because people thought it wasnt them that had to run in the back and kill gargoyles. but my overall memories of that place is good

Deleted
    I'll still take ToC over lvl 80 Naxx, at least ToC had some heroics that required a level of skill and some new area/bosses. Granted it was only 2 new areas, but that's still more than recycled Naxx had. And Naxx really was recycled, it was quite deliberately and by design as similar as can be to the original except for the part where it was a complete joke to clear.

Naxx only if referring to the 2.0 version since it is a horrible disgrace compared to the original. I mean really, people could just completely ignore almost every bosses signature moves.
    DPS is Science ......Tanking is Skill........ Healing is Art.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, i like TotC and TotgC alot, for precisely the reason it was different! Plus i'm not a fan of trash....

Worst for me is EoE, it's not there, so Sunwell i choose you!

Ok someones going to need to elaborate for me what was wrong with ToC. I found that raid to be fun. The twins were my favorite boss. I just loved it when I got the 100% dmg buff and then I turned on my wings for another 20% dmg. It was just fun watching my dmg sky rocket. Also fighting in a colosseum was a nice for once.

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta View Post
    not gonna lie... im pretty sure i had more fun in ToC than i did in BoT...
    You and me both, loved the twin valk fight and no trash.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Oh I know where this is going...

Everything in AQ40 up to Twin Emps :P Long ass walking, excessive trash, Nature resist stacking, etc. etc. etc.

Twin Emps + C'thun though? Two of the best boss designs in the game

If you had to pick out of the top, um, I dunno, I enjoy most everything I've raided, and I've been in each raid instance at it's inception since Molten Core. I liked ToC. Why does every instance have to be trash/trash/trash/boss? BWL had boss room -> boss room, mindless gauntlet of slow, then boss room -> boss room -> repeat until Nef, and it was fantastic :P

Going to go with Molten Core. An instance of boring non-engaging fights and 95% trash. The only fun fights were Baron Geddon YOU ARE THE BOMB! and Ragnaros, purely for that first time downing it feels like a great feat. Lucifron was basically a "paladin dispel magic, priest heal stuff, druid decurse," Magmadar was just FEAR WARD TANK don't stand in bad stuff, Geddon was "move from fire." Garr was just kill adds, kill boss, keep some adds banished. Shazzrath was just stack in different spots, tank drags boss back to middle. Sulfuron was just tanks drag priests away, proceed to kill. Domo another boring kill adds fight. Overall, boring instance, trash is basically CLEANSE DEBUFFS hit heal every so often. How exciting.

That being said, I probably had some of the most fun doing MC/BWL as it was just a big laughter time in vent, but that is due to the people I was with, not the raid itself.

Im only allowed to post 10 options in this poll so im going to post the 10 most recent (excluding mini raids such as ruby sanctom)
    Why did you exclude the raids that were actually bad? Original Molten Core would be clear winner with whopping 7 creature models (not even recolors only resized), one wall texture and 2 possible strategies for every single pull: a) dispell, kill boss then adds, or b) dispell, kill adds then boss.

The correct answer is ToC.
    If you want to run polls, then run polls instead of ramming your own opinions down on other peoples' throats. If you want to post opinion pieces, there are plenty of blog sites for this kind of garbage for all 4 readers who are interested in the opinions of some internet randoms.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Sunwell, because they fucked it up, and no one got to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did my Brood of Nozdormu rep recently -- AQ40 was hooooorrible. We had a joke that blizzards forumla for Raids back then was, "Add more pushback."
    Almost Epic - Short Stories and Musings of nearly epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    Going to go with Molten Core. An instance of boring non-engaging fights and 95% trash. The only fun fights were Baron Geddon YOU ARE THE BOMB! and Ragnaros, purely for that first time downing it feels like a great feat. Lucifron was basically a "paladin dispel magic, priest heal stuff, druid decurse," Magmadar was just FEAR WARD TANK don't stand in bad stuff, Geddon was "move from fire." Garr was just kill adds, kill boss, keep some adds banished. Shazzrath was just stack in different spots, tank drags boss back to middle. Sulfuron was just tanks drag priests away, proceed to kill. Domo another boring kill adds fight. Overall, boring instance, trash is basically CLEANSE DEBUFFS hit heal every so often. How exciting.

That being said, I probably had some of the most fun doing MC/BWL as it was just a big laughter time in vent, but that is due to the people I was with, not the raid itself.
    Well it was the first raid. It was epic for its time though :P

And to be fair, Shazzrah got a buff after a couple months that made him fairly tough as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by statlerthegreat View Post
    Hyjal is the correct answer. ToC, while utter garbage, wasn't the absolute pile of festering cat shit that Hyjal was.
    ToC (for a progression guild) was killing the same 5 bosses 4 times a week.

WORST DESIGN CONCEPT EVER.

Hyjal loses points because of the trash wave system, particularly the trash belonging to boss 3+4, but it no way is as bad as ToC.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    Sunwell, because they fucked it up, and no one got to do it.
    How was it fucked up? And how did no one get to do it? There were no restrictions or pre-requisites to enter it.

Sunwell was the last bastion of truly grueling raid encounters. Definitely a highlight of 25m raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkhyrule View Post
    Ok someones going to need to elaborate for me what was wrong with ToC. I found that raid to be fun.
    People got burned out by running it 4 times per week for badges, so they're confused between frustration towards grinding and the actual quality of the instance. Also bandwagoning is always fashionable, and forming own thoughts too hard for average forumgoers.

ToC was the first and until Firelands the only raid instance that had no bugs which prevented bosses from being killed or being too faceroll.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Where's my CoT: Hyjal option?

"Looks like you wiped on Ras. Now you have to do all eight pulls again and then try again!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynoxx View Post
    Where's my CoT: Hyjal option?

"Looks like you wiped on Ras. Now you have to do all eight pulls again and then try again!"
    If you wiped on Ras you deserved it 8)