Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yeah interesting that blizz wouldn't run the numbers on their cat specific staff to make sure it's BiS.
    Are you going to apply to become a mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Probably not, the job sucks.

Deleted
    446 str + 20 socked bonus + 80 agi from gems vs 460 agi
    626 ap vs 910 ap

This is not counting talents or buffs, but i dont see anyway str can boost up 300 more AP from 450 stats than agi can from pure raid buffs.

EDIT; i know this is a shitty math leason, but its 3 am, so dont blame me for that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Edriel View Post
    Yeah interesting that blizz wouldn't run the numbers on their cat specific staff to make sure it's BiS.
    It is. As many have said, Haste is only better on certain types of fights. Mastery is better on others. The difference is unnoticeable. Mastery has always been seen as a feral stat, so that's why it has it. Only recently has haste really come into play and that was only after they changed our direct damage attacks late in the patch.

Depends about the other gear and reforgings.
    Haste and mastery are really close in value, so for some haste will be a bit better and for some mastery will be a bit better. But as already said, fire cat form > slight dps increase.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemon View Post
    You plugged it into some stuff? Sounds scientific. Would you mind showing your data? Cause this was done a long time ago when the items were first announced and the theorycrafters for ferals were still showing H Flamescythe coming out ahead.
    http://chardev.org/?profile=198494 - With mace

http://chardev.org/?profile=206397 - With staff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    Depends about the other gear and reforgings.
    Haste and mastery are really close in value, so for some haste will be a bit better and for some mastery will be a bit better. But as already said, fire cat form > slight dps increase.
    I dont really trust people that have "troll face"'s eyes as their banned, sorry!

---------- Post added 2011-08-25 at 02:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zunoth View Post
    you noticed how its not up to date on the whole 1 str = 1 ap part? <,<

It says ca. 500 str = ca. 1k AP. thats not true :/

Go put all your info into Mew and run a sim. You're just looking at attack power. You're not taking into account the crit you gain from the agility on the staff. There's also something else that came up when this debate first came about but I don't remember what was being left out. If you put everything into Mew, I'm sure you'll see the staff coming out ahead.

Is chardev trolling me

Deleted
    Is chardev trolling me
    Either that, or your trolling us :P

Is chardev trolling me
    You gotta be careful with a lot of sim programs. Not all of them are up to date or done well. Mew is really the best option for ferals right now. It's updated regularly and has a good team of people working on it. Just like how Rawr was great in WotLK but has since really kind of taken a dive because it wasn't updated appropriately.

Well i did the math normal and 886 AP from mace and 1050 AP from staff, well this is awkward

In a simulator assuming BIS gear, Ranseur beats Flamescythe by something like 5 DPS.

Now, in reality? In reality you have to perfectly execute every Berserk nuke phase without the slightest jitter of latency, boss repositioning, or human error for this to work out in an actual fight. In a real fight, this never happens, and so Flamescythe pulls ahead.

Edit: And as others have mentioned, do NOT use any optimizers or simulators besides Mew, and make sure you plug in your current unbuffed stats when you do so.