Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warriors Being "Boxed In" to Tanking?

Is it just me, or do any other warriors feel they are being pushed into the tanking role? Reason being, pvp dps warriors are horrid and pve damage as dps is so so. The only thing warriors are good for now is prot fc'ing and prot pve. Then you have the new content...which is only pve...hmmmm

show me proof that warrior DPS is dead in PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

If you like to dps as a warrior, then dps. Your guild probably won't have any issues with it (as long as its not super super small, and even less likely if you've dpsed before frequently) as long as your not super hard core. Every class comes and goes from the top of the meters, but overall they arn't really THAT far apart. Play how you like to play.

lol? warrior pve dps is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Warlesswarrior1 View Post
    Is it just me, or do any other warriors feel they are being pushed into the tanking role? Reason being, pvp dps warriors are horrid and pve damage as dps is so so. The only thing warriors are good for now is prot fc'ing and prot pve. Then you have the new content...which is only pve...hmmmm
    Both Warrior pvp and pve dps is fine.

I am a tank anyway, but I have had no trouble in PVP, and even though I'm not great at DPSing, I can pull 18k in my offspec, with terrible gear and next to no practice with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with this at all.
    I play in a 10man raid guild as Fury dps and I am ALWAYS 1st or 2nd on dps
    DPS players we have are;
    Feral Druid (usually 1st on dps)
    Shadow Priest
    Enhancement Shaman
    Demonology Warlock
    and sometimes a Survival Hunter.

I only tank as backup in raids when one of our two tanks can't make a raid etc.

Iv'e never really found Fury dps to be "so so" or lacking at this point in time I think it's very competitive.

Warrior tanks are quite useful and have a good set of tools to do the job don't get me wrong but I do not think I am ever being 'pushed' into filling the role because of my other potential roles being un-desirable.

Deleted
    Warrior dps pve and pvp horrible? what kinda players do you play with -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Nightlark View Post
    lol? warrior pve dps is awesome!
    Awesome? Compared to what? Another warrior?

I'm sorry, but you're somewhat wrong.

Warriors are good at tanking, that's true. But Warriors are NOT bad at DPS. In fact, they're quite good. They're one of the best classes in PvP, and they do very good damage in PvE. Either you didn't have a proper talent spec and gear-set when you tried it, or you watched someone else fail at it, that's my guess.

Sorry if I seem rude, but I'm just being honest.

If you're a warrior and you say warrior pve is horrible, that's player error, not class error.

And that doesn't go for just you. Warriors are fantastic in PvE right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

lol only prot pvp....ROFL!!!!
    thx for the laugh.

Deleted
    This guy is either really bad or plays with really bad people. Most people cry about warriors damage in PvP, and while i don't PvE since it's just too easy, I am certain our DPS is fine in PvE.

Awesome? Compared to what? Another warrior?
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...leroc/25H/dps/

looks to me like warriors are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post

Warriors are good at tanking, that's true. But Warriors are NOT bad at DPS. In fact, they're quite good. They're one of the best classes in PvP, and they do very good damage in PvE. Either you didn't have a proper talent spec and gear-set when you tried it, or you watched someone else fail at it, that's my guess.

One of the Best Classes in pvp last season....maybe...

Deleted
    To me personally, Warrior DPS in PvE at least can be quite fun, mostly because we're not a total facerolling class right now, which makes it a bit more challenging. As for PvP, mobility is just bad if you ask me. I tanked before and I actually quit for multiple reasons, and picked up arms/Fury. Arms is way more fun in PvE though, try it out!

You don't play WoW, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

This thread again? Were the opinions formed in your other threads, "Tanks but no tanks you!" and "Is Prot Warrior Viable Outside Of FC?" not enough? Or even your subtle QQ about warriors dps in "Warriors and PvP"?

I am pretty sure creating new topics about the same issue is frowned upon. Especially over a number of days like you have done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post

Got a warrior? Thought not. Otherwise you wouldn't post bullshit like this. Warriors are one of, if the not the worst classes in PVP atm, and definitely the worst melee.

On my warrior I have always main lined tanking, but I recently got the gear for Fury from raiding and I don't even know what i'm doing and only have the weapon enchants and I average 20k dps. So yeah warrior dps is pretty cool :P

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Got a warrior? Thought not. Otherwise you wouldn't post bullshit like this. Warriors are one of, if the not the worst classes in PVP atm, and definitely the worst melee.
    Which is why I tend to be on top in BGs and crush rogues beneath my steel clad feet? Warriors are fine.

Granted, I'm not big into Arena, but I rarely have problems when in there either.

I'm thinking this is the same guy from last year who kept posting threads like this, complaining essentially that warriors are good for nothing.
    We may not do the same DPS as Arcane Mages and Marks Hunters, but we do respectable enough damage.