prospecting obsidium vs elementium

which is more profitable?

If you are buying it off the AH then elementium by far, it is super cheap compared to obsidium. As far as chances to get blue quality gems from obsidium versus elementium I'm not sure, but elementium is cheap, easy to farm and most likely has a higher drop rate of better gems.

yeah depends on what ever is cheapest, elementium is profitable up to about 60g a stack obsidium slightly less, but it depends on what you are doing with the greens and how much their byproducts are selling for. I am using most of mine to turn into shadowspirit diamonds ( have an xmute spec alchy so free procs = good) these sell between 100-180g per so obsidium rates quite highly still for me as green, yellow and blue rare quality gems are still crap as far as margins so more greens to turn into metas can often trump more rare quality gems. depends allot on your servers prices of a) ore, b) rare gems, c) metas, d) enchanting mats/scrolls which is the other option for turning your greens into gold

I personally prefer to turn obsidium into bars and make Stormforged Shoulders with some Elementium bars as well. Helps to diversify my stock, instead of just having a bunch of blue/meta gems.

Heavily depends on the server. Good AH scanner should calculate the profits automatically.

Deleted
    I tend to prospect ele and sell obsid on my server. Obsid stacks can go for 90-100 each, whereas elementium goes for anything between 30-50.

bought 200+ stacks of Elementium Ore today. 12g stack. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    On boulderfist-eu they are like 11-18g per stack I buy at least 20 stacks each 2 days and prospect it all. Superior gems are cut into popular gems. With the greens i make rings/necklaces which I disenchant on my alt, enchanting mats are sold on the ah as well. Sometimes the common gems are high priced because of the JC daily. This is really profitable!

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

^^ nimryas...

im on boulderfist EU too....that realm is so retarded considering AH prices....Doing excatly the same as u do... we should create a trade union :P..

Deleted
    elementium is more profitable too prospect due to its cheap price, but obsidium tend too contain more gems especially more green gems. but its just too dam expensive compared to elementium ore

I've been in a dry spell mostly for prospecting. Obsidium ore has ranged from 70-90, while elementium ore has been roughly 90-120 per stack. It's been like this for the past month and a half here on azgalor horde side I'm hoping they drop soon, I need some moolah.

As to your question OP, it basically depends on what everyone else has said. Obsidium, while sometimes cheaper, does NOT yield as many blue quality gems, making it less profitable as jewelcrafting unless you have a alchemist who can transmute into diamonds.

Blue quality jems is usually where you make your hunk of money, considering one good blue cut jem can sell from 80-160 g (at least on this server), basically giving you your money back for 2 stacks of ore right there, and you probably got more blue jems from all those stacks anyways. So to summarize, I would think elementium would be the better prospecting choice, because it yields more blues than obsidium. Good luck
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Amiolas/simple
    ^^^click this link to see my awesome warlock ^^^

Deleted
    Ele for Blue quality
    Obs for Green quality
    Your AH/other professions to work out which is best.

Well I prospect about 30 Guild Bank Tabs of Obsidium and Elementium and Pyrite Ore and I have to come to say that Obsidium Ore is better
    ONLY if you have an Xmute Alchy Also but if you do not Elementium Ore has a better source of income.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoelle View Post
    bought 200+ stacks of Elementium Ore today. 12g stack. lol
    Don't you love when you find something like this!