Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Rate the tank above you!

Just like the title states, rate the tank that posted before you! I saw a priest thread do this so i was interested in doing it for tanks =D
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Maktruck/advanced

What your not in heroic gear, What's wrong with you man. Beautiful gear though, gj

I just got my t12 chest last night, only problem i can't seem to get a fl raid.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alactis/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Galactis View Post
    What your not in heroic gear, What's wrong with you man. Beautiful gear though, gj

I just got my t12 chest last night, only problem i can't seem to get a fl raid.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alactis/simple
    Super low block % and are you really specced into Hallowed Ground :P?
    Last edited by Maximus4004; 2011-08-24 at 04:45 PM.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by ANClutch View Post
    I would assume for the gear level you have your block % would be much higher but aside from that you look great
    talkin about me well then thanks. I think i'm sitting on 19% i want 20%.

Yes HG i'm the Aoe tank so. the other build more single targ, doesn't bode well against Warrior in a Raid when theres trash. i do tons better at aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Maktruck View Post
    Just like the title states, rate the tank that posted before you! I saw a priest thread do this so i was interested in doing it for tanks =D
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Maktruck/advanced
    For as much gear as you have your block % is strangely low everything else looks superb.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Can't find a FL raid huh? :/ how come you don't raid with your guild

Cuz i retired for about 5 months, and i used to tons. Well we raid but BWL BOT and most people can't do more, Even though i can. and they have their CORE 2 teams FL already. And there's never a need for a great tank like myself.. Yet stuck in Heroics....

Granted i've done FL a little here and there, just raid 1 day per week i do. They well are full i guess.

Thank you for making this thread. I as well would like to know if there is anything that I could do differently with my gear or gear choices.

I cannot post links as of yet,
    Character: Merihem
    Realm: Fenris

Galactis, from what I've encountered on my alt pally or my warrior; it is not worth gemming exp or hit unless you have threat problems (the need for this becomes minuscule once they introduced 500% threat). Stam isn't worth gemming into either unless you cannot take 2 big hits like Chimeron double attack, Nefarian crackle + shadowflame breath, or any other situation with giant incoming damage. You should have the dodge enchant on your bracers, and if you are not taking PoJ, 2nd tier ret tree, you might want to think about the lavawalker enchant. Otherwise great job, nice gear, keep up the good work.

Can't post links yet -- Typherion - Mannoroth
    Addendum: Haven't dropped my hit/exp since the threat nerf; should probably do that this week!

Merihem: Do you really think 63% block is worth the 30ish K hp you've lost out on? I know there's a lot to be said for block, but there's a ton of debuffs/spells/abilities in FL that can't be blocked I've found. Your mastery build is interesting through, and definitely something I'd like to try after we get a few more bosses down on heroic. Interesting build, well specced geared <3

Quote Originally Posted by Typherion View Post
    Can't post links yet -- Typherion - Mannoroth
    Addendum: Haven't dropped my hit/exp since the threat nerf; should probably do that this week!

Merihem: Do you really think 63% block is worth the 30ish K hp you've lost out on? I know there's a lot to be said for block, but there's a ton of debuffs/spells/abilities in FL that can't be blocked I've found. Your mastery build is interesting through, and definitely something I'd like to try after we get a few more bosses down on heroic. Interesting build, well specced geared <3
    5/10. Hardly any reforging at all. Has really low block and reaaaaaally high parry. Stacking stamina isn't really recommended this expansion because of limited healer mana, you can't be a sponge this time around. Your parry is really digging into its DR now. If you reforged that parry to dodge or mastery, your overall avoidance and mitigation would go up significantly.

Spec is decent enough, though I have no idea why you'd take safeguard over Blood and Thunder.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A4rwen/simple
    For some reason my player model shows my DPS set, yet the items on the list show tanking stuff... /shrug.

After the resent mega threat buff I decided to ditch some of my threat talents for utility talents.

And holy crap, after several months of not looking at my glyphs, I just realized I don't have demo shout. Going to change that right now.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2011-08-24 at 07:27 PM.

From what I've encountered from Firelands heroic bosses, there hasn't been a huge check on stam. We are currently 4/7H and will get 5/7 tonight (hopefully lol), and the most intensive stam fight, in my opinion, is Alysrazor. Even though a huge chunk of the damage that goes on in that fight is avoidable. I will have to see what it looks like when we get to heroic Ragnaros, but Paragon claims that the fight could be solo healed by a resto druid so I'm still not going to put stock into any sort of stam build as of yet... next tier we will see. On a side note, I DPS on Rhyolith and Majordomo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merihem View Post
    Thank you for making this thread. I as well would like to know if there is anything that I could do differently with my gear or gear choices.

I cannot post links as of yet,
    Character: Merihem
    Realm: Fenris

Galactis, from what I've encountered on my alt pally or my warrior; it is not worth gemming exp or hit unless you have threat problems (the need for this becomes minuscule once they introduced 500% threat). Stam isn't worth gemming into either unless you cannot take 2 big hits like Chimeron double attack, Nefarian crackle + shadowflame breath, or any other situation with giant incoming damage. You should have the dodge enchant on your bracers, and if you are not taking PoJ, 2nd tier ret tree, you might want to think about the lavawalker enchant. Otherwise great job, nice gear, keep up the good work.

IMO...obviously I am not in heroic fl yet so I dont even know why what i say should have any merit but i was just wondering. Are you the add tank? didnt know why u specced into piercing howl? I really love my impending victory...seems to come in at clutch times most of the times...I cant even count how many times my healers yelled out OOM at 5% or less and I hit LS and luckily got a IV at the same time and stayed alive long enogh for the raid to down the boss...

otherwise, nice gear!

I dont remember what I logged out in as we are currently on Alys so dont know if I had my trinks and dps 1 hander on when i logged last night.

thanks for any info!
    IBroughtGuns ~ Night Elf Warrior
    Specializing in Protection Services
    Dabbling in Smashing Faces
    Proudly Serving Alliance Since 2007
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]
    Addiction Guild - http://addiction-haomarush.wowstead.com/

5/10. Hardly any reforging at all. Has really low block and reaaaaaally high parry. Stacking stamina isn't really recommended this expansion because of limited healer mana, you can't be a sponge this time around. Your parry is really digging into its DR now. If you reforged that parry to dodge or mastery, your overall avoidance and mitigation would go up significantly.

Spec is decent enough, though I have no idea why you'd take safeguard over Blood and Thunder.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A4rwen/simple
    For some reason my player model shows my DPS set, yet the items on the list show tanking stuff... /shrug.

After the resent mega threat buff I decided to ditch some of my threat talents for utility talents.

And holy crap, after several months of not looking at my glyphs, I just realized I don't have demo shout. Going to change that right now.
    For Ibroughtguns:
    6/10. To much parry. Blood Craze is a terrible talent, especially with only 2 points in it. Several items that could use a reforge haven't been.

Reposting myself cause I got skipped, again
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2011-08-24 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your link doesnt work kyliah...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]

That was strange, it does now.

Still shows my model as being in DPS gear

7/10 only because I don't like warriors.

Cannot post links yet =(

Aloyious - Silvermoon

Yet you have found your place to the warrior forums. Very nice.

Even if your a paladin, I'll rate
    7/10. Reforge more parry to dodge. Get some tanking trinkets, DPS trinkets are a no-no.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2011-08-24 at 07:43 PM.

Recent forum posts always manage to deceive me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    Yet you have found your place to the warrior forums. Very nice.

Even if your a paladin, I'll rate
    7/10. Reforge more parry to dodge. Get some tanking trinkets, DPS trinkets are a no-no.

IMO...drums of war is wasted points...thunderstruck is my choice for replacement points. when is the last time u worried about rage as a tank?

Quote Originally Posted by IBroughtGuns View Post
    IMO...obviously I am not in heroic fl yet so I dont even know why what i say should have any merit but i was just wondering. Are you the add tank? didnt know why u specced into piercing howl? I really love my impending victory...seems to come in at clutch times most of the times...I cant even count how many times my healers yelled out OOM at 5% or less and I hit LS and luckily got a IV at the same time and stayed alive long enogh for the raid to down the boss...
    I only use piercing howl on Shannox to slow down riplimb after the spear throw, after the fight I respec back for deep wounds.