Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrosaurus View Post
    Safeguard is fairly useless this tier. Name 4 situations in which it would be realistically useful.

(Don't rate me, not in prot gear/spec. Rate http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B8rk/advanced instead, the fellow above me).
    I use safeguard/vene for several reason and occasions.
    On pretty much all bosses where there's a tank taunt/switch, i taunt+sb+slam+vene, thus dropping 10% threat from other tank, making it easier for healers to heal him(-15% dmg reduction) up and focus on me
    The -15/30% damage reduction on a 30 second cd is pretty powerful, in alot of scenarios this tier

Depending on how you execute the fights here is a couple scenarios where i use vene.
    1. Rag taunt switches and during add phase.
    2. Beth following a widow/to reduce damage taken.
    3. Alysrazor if you tank switch.
    4. Baleroc emergency help on decimation blades.
    5. Domo during schytes i pop it regulary to help reduce overall damage.
    6. Shannox last phase to help "MT".

I mean, i could make the list longer then this, but i think i proved the point

OT: Thork looks good, nothing to improve on really :P
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2011-08-26 at 11:57 AM.

He said "realistically" ^^

Hopefully when we get a moderator we can get some rules about arguing about Safeguard. The arguments we see are always the same:

A: Safeguard is great.
    B: Safeguard is rubbish, you never get to use it.
    A: I use it here, here, here...
    B: I can't use it in those situations because...
    C: The effect in those situations isn't worth it...

Safeguard is one of those things you either get or you don't. If you get it and use it regularly it is fantastic compared to doing a bit more personal DPS, especially in 25s. If you get it and don't use it, its a wasted point.

It is completely dependent on the fight and the player.

Edit: This thread's been derailed a little and my armoury is currently fury, so best be looking at Void's instead or posting a new link.
    Last edited by Mammoth; 2011-08-26 at 11:15 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    Meh, cheater, i wanted todo you Mammoth :X
    Edit: Obvs not in the literal sense ^^ ;P

Deleted
    As noone above me is not rated due to arguing over Safeguard, Ill just post mine:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A9/advanced

Looks good few small things
    -Fill out incite drop 2 points from gag order and 1 point from somewhere else.
    -Might as well get the tier11 chest since it got better stats and you get the 4piece bonus
    -darkmooncard isn't a great trinket try to get the tol barad mastery one
    -gemming looks good but you can switch the metagem to the 1% blockvalue one. Personally i switched to the blockvalue meta pretty late when i got 4piece T12 since i got unhittable 2/3 of the time, its already more damage reduction for you but slightly less EH.

This is me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rugly/advanced

Deleted
    I would like to have some help if im totaly lost with my setup or if im in the right direction. I cant post armory link so if someone could help with that.

Name: Xandre
    Server: Burning Blade, EU

There's a lot you need to chance if I've got the right armoury.
    The first thing for you to do is to change your gems & Enchants, you can look at my armoury for the correct ones.
    With gems, there's a easy rule I use.
    Blue Socket: Green gem - 30 Stamina 20 Mastery.
    Red Socket: Orange gem - 20 Mastery 20 Parry/Dodge
    Yellow Socket: Yellow gem - 40 Mastery.

I'm guessing you can afford gems/Enchants since you've got BoE Bracers which are quite costly on my realm.
    If you still have spare money left over, either get the BoE thrown for Tanks (Deflecting Star) & Mirrored boots, which are a little more pricey. Gl out there.

Here's my armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...apton/advanced

Edit: Seems armoury isn't updating for me.. If i'm still in Fury shizzle just ignore it
    Last edited by FlyingHigh; 2011-09-03 at 02:02 AM.

Deleted
    Gemming/enchanting/reforging looks good.
    But why on earth do you use the armor meta ? :O
    And i would use a different spec as well, but its viable

Ill link both, but do check pala :P
    Credosanta
    Warrior for reference: Santapuella

Santa, you've done wrong gemming on your pala but the enchanting and reforging seems fine Your warrior is also fine

If anyone gonna rate my characters, then keep in mind that my warrior might be in it's expertise / hit gear (for alyzrasor HC). They might also be in their offspecc And yes, i tank on my warrior/pala/dk/druid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphexEU View Post
    Santa, you've done wrong gemming on your pala but the enchanting and reforging seems fine Your warrior is also fine

If anyone gonna rate my characters, then keep in mind that my warrior might be in it's expertise / hit gear (for alyzrasor HC). They might also be in their offspecc And yes, i tank on my warrior/pala/dk/druid.
    What is wrong on pala (about it not being optimized i know, but wrong?)
    You're thinking about defenders vs fine ember ? (I'm cheesing for the extra stamina;P)

Yes the fact that you go for stamina, the statement "wrong" might have been a little too ...... strong? Anyways, we both know that it is not the optimal gems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphexEU View Post
    Yes the fact that you go for stamina, the statement "wrong" might have been a little too ...... strong? Anyways, we both know that it is not the optimal gems.
    Looks good should get some more parrym, other then that its just fine.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckarn/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewpwnage View Post
    Looks good should get some more parrym, other then that its just fine.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckarn/advanced
    You need to change alot of reforging, pretty much every slot you got :P
    And get the right meta gem, 'eternal shadowspirit diamond'.

To lazy to write each reforge :P

@MorhpexEU, ye, i actually tought i've done something totally wrong, like used pussiants when i shoulda used dodge/stam or something haha, guess i respect your opinion ;P
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2011-09-05 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    You need to change alot of reforging, pretty much every slot you got :P
    And get the right meta gem, 'eternal shadowspirit diamond'.

To lazy to write each reforge :P

@MorhpexEU, ye, i actually tought i've done something totally wrong, like used pussiants when i shoulda used dodge/stam or something haha, guess i respect your opinion ;P
    Are you drunk or something?

Every reforging is as it should be so you must be trolling, eternal shadowspirit diamond is worser then the meta gem I am using atm. Since I am obv a better tank then you or atleast better experience and you are writing shit, I cant take your post seriously.
    Last edited by mmocf72be81e4e; 2011-09-05 at 10:23 PM.

Deleted
    Sweet gear Smackarn, can't see alot wrong tbh.... can't add alot tbh :P nice! 9/10

Could you guys give me a quick glance? I'm trying to see if there's anything I should fix, trying to get the best possible for my guild:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...block/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewpwnage View Post
    Are you drunk or something?

Every reforging is as it should be so you must be trolling, eternal shadowspirit diamond is worser then the meta gem I am using atm. Since I am obv a better tank then you or atleast better experience and you are writing shit, I cant take your post seriously.
    Im sorry for being lazy, i saw you had the wrong meta gem, and you should have reforged wrist, so i loaded you in mrrobot to get a better overview.
    Problem is, it was from 2nd September and you had already corrected it before posting here. Sneaky boy :P
    Contradicting statement right there, im the worser tank cause you...nah you win

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mondogg/simple

its really an offspec for just when tank get the extra bag in random hc or to tank BWD on alt / social runs

Deleted
    -Brokeuh

For an offspec its really really nice.
    For the talents i would remove Blook Craze, its doing to less to be efficient in my opinion, i would go for Battle Trance or Incite.

Some parts like trinkets could be reforged, but eh, its an offspec sow :P

Mine is here : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aszune/Sentrex/advanced

I use askmrrobot.com/wow/gear , to find upgrades / enchants / reforging etc.