Need some mobo/processor/vidcard help

I'm in the process of putting together a new computer for work/play.
    One of the problems I've happened across is [not] knowing if this situation would work:

newegg . com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128498 (mobo)
    newegg . com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130661 (video card)
    newegg . com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072 (processor)

I'm trying to find out if the cpu onboard video can be used at the same time as the dedicated video card to power dual monitors.
    I'm also unsure if the onboard video can be used with this mobo as I'm not entirely sure about the chipsets necessary. Also, if this works, what/where would the output be? PCI-E x16?

Suggestions and pure information welcome, please advise.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    CPU on board video should not be used at the same time as the dedicated video card. Through the GTX560 you can run dual monitors using the HDMI/DVI outputs. You do not have to be concerned with onboard video as you will be using the GTX560 for your video output. Assuming you use the GTX560 for your video you will connect your monitor to it. The PCI E lane for the video card is X16 output.

Also the Twin Frozr version of the video card is $20 more but it has a higher speed and better cooling than the EVGA equivalent. I suggest it over every other GTX560.

Start using the Ti if you talk about a Gtx 560 ti. Because hes linking a gtx 560 and you talk about a gtx 560 but are linking a gtx 560 Ti.

Any gtx 560 ti will do pref the once with a non stock Cooler. (The gtx 560 is cheaper but slower)

THe cpu is perfect for board you might wanne look at the Asrock extreme3 gen3(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...xtreme3%20gen3) its cheaper (and runs the pci-e lanes at x16 or single at x32 because its using the new Pci-e 3.0 when ivy bridge comes)
    Last edited by Aminozuur; 2011-08-24 at 06:20 PM.
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

Do you have specific reasoning why onboard shouldn't be used at the same time? Too much draw, or something along those lines?
    And I'm aware the GTX560 has dual outputs, but what I'm worried about is it being able to keep up. I do a lot of high detail rendering work along with blueprint and schematic reading and writing, and would prefer to have something that can put it up on two monitors, without bogging down or flat out exploding :P. Would the card you linked be able to do this?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The card I linked would be perfectly fine to do this. You can't use the integrated GPU as the same time as the GTX560 because one will override the other. In most cases when a video card is added to a motherboard the motherboard will automatically disable the on board video.

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aminozuur View Post
    Start using the Ti if you talk about a Gtx 560 ti. Because hes linking a gtx 560 and you talk about a gtx 560 but are linking a gtx 560 Ti.
    If you want to nit pick every model and part number sure. The people on these forums that come here for our help don't care about the specific model numbers just as long as you keep the info simple to digest. To most a GTX560 to a GTX560 Ti means nothing. But if you say it has better cooling and a faster speed they can understand that. So while you may feel it is justified to use the Ti I personally do not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    The card I linked would be perfectly fine to do this. You can't use the integrated GPU as the same time as the GTX560 because one will override the other. In most cases when a video card is added to a motherboard the motherboard will automatically disable the on board video.

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 06:50 PM ----------

If you want to nit pick every model and part number sure. The people on these forums that come here for our help don't care about the specific model numbers just as long as you keep the info simple to digest. To most a GTX560 to a GTX560 Ti means nothing. But if you say it has better cooling and a faster speed they can understand that. So while you may feel it is justified to use the Ti I personally do not.
    It's simply about offering the most exact and correct information.

A GTX 560 is worlds apart from a GTX560 Ti. And the Twin Frozr is the most recommended GTX560 Ti, and we will virtually never recommend a plain GTX 560.

@ OP - grab the GTX 560 Ti linked, and run both monitors through it. There's no reason to use on-board video for dual monitors anymore.