Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayure View Post
    This had pretty much made me decide that I'm not using Origin until that EULA changes. I realize that other companies do this as well, but from my understanding, they do so nowhere near to the degree that MS is planning. I haven't looked in to it, but I'm wondering if BF3 requires Origin to run. I was highly anticipating the game, but this is a no sale for me if it requires Origin to run.
    Please tell me that was a mistake and you're not seriously trying to blame Microsoft in any way for this. But yea, I don't plan to ever use Origin either, mostly because EA are being such incredible dicks in the way they've gone about launching it(lose games after 2 years, pulled from Steam, ridiculous EULA).

is it possible to say download a game from Amazon(never tried it) Or buy a game period and just throw it onto steam and have steam work with it =/? I really do no want to go near origin at all. my question mainly goes to about using a game disc and being able to put it on steam with out needing the disc, I have not used a disc to game in a LONG time since I started using steam more often, but I am wondering how it will work if I just buy a hard copy or download from another place.
    Last edited by Biggiej; 2011-08-27 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    is it possible to say download a game from Amazon(never tried it) Or buy a game period and just throw it onto steam and have steam work with it =/? I really do no want to go near origin at all. my question mainly goes to about using a game disc and being able to put it on steam with out needing the disc, I have not used a disc to game in a LONG time since I started using steam more often, but I am wondering how it will work if I just buy a hard copy or download from another place.
    No, Steam has to support the game. Apparently for SWtoR, you can install it using Origin, but continue playing it even after you uninstall Origin. Not sure how it works for their other games (I think BF3 requires Origin).

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    No, Steam has to support the game. Apparently for SWtoR, you can install it using Origin, but continue playing it even after you uninstall Origin. Not sure how it works for their other games (I think BF3 requires Origin).
    hair pulls...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Nope, no need for Origin at all to download, patch and play The Old Republic.

10+ Year Old Account
    People will buy products they like no matter what the cost of privacy can be sometimes.
    Hey everyone

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    lawl at all of you who have Steam installed and are complaining about this!

Deleted
    fuck...i ordered swtor from origin...fuck..:/

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    lawl at all of you who have Steam installed and are complaining about this!
    Read Steam's EULA before spouting.

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

Here it is for you.

People were concerned about the ability of EA to sell personal information to third party sites, as well as things like system specs ect. without making them anonymous.

Find for me where it says that Valve does any of that over Steam please. Because I read it and it's not in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    fuck...i ordered swtor from origin...fuck..:/
    Don't worry, crisis averted. Check the article I linked earlier (top of this page or on the last page).

I was going to make a topic on this until I saw this one. Making me think twice about buying from EA again :/.