Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Apple] Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Steve-....html?x=0&.v=1

"CUPERTINO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Apple’s Board of Directors today announced that Steve Jobs has resigned as Chief Executive Officer, and the Board has named Tim Cook, previously Apple’s Chief Operating Officer, as the company’s new CEO. Jobs has been elected Chairman of the Board and Cook will join the Board, effective immediately.

As we do get a fair bit of Apple based discussion; what sort of change do you expect the company to undergo now with the change of leadership. Mr. Jobs is viewed by many people in much the same way a religious person would view their god - and a change like this could certainly impact their public image - and possibly corporate direction some years from now.

Keep in mind Jobs health issues have been well known. This no doubt, in addition to the previous 'stepping back' he did some time ago does raise the question in just how long the man has left to expect. He may be drawing towards an end here.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-08-24 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>

serious though hope he gets a good 20 years outa life still.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-24 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    <snip>hope he gets a good 20 years outa life still.
    According to
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    He's already taken indefinite medical leave (several times!) so I doubt this will make much functional difference with the company.
    I'm assuming he's pretty sick.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-24 at 11:25 PM.

I cant see why people think Steve Jobs leaving is going to change anything that the company does. I would guess his step down is due to health concerns but there will be some effect on the way people look at apple as Jobs was such an integral part of their image.

yep , its health related

Deleted
    The bad thing here is that he is dying if you can read the letter about Steve ( french version )

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastit View Post
    You guys are jackasses he has cancer and is stepping down to focus on LIVING and all you ignorant window fanboys can say "durhurdur no moar overpriced items" He is smart Bill gates is smart Warren Buffet is smart. Can you jacktards get beyond the idea that apple is more expensive than dell, alienware, hp, etc. Its all about options. If macs were made of plastic they would be cheap but they are made of medal. Thats beyond the point a man is fighting for his life. How would you feel if all of your fathers were dying of a very serious cancer and all someone could say was "durhurhur glad no more over priced things derp". PS without windows mac wouldn't exist with out mac windows wouldn't exist very well..
    If you read the article you would know he hasn't completely resigned. He is still Chairman of the Board, just doesn't hold the title "CEO".
    <snip>
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-24 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    If you read the article you would know he hasn't completely resigned. He is still Chairman of the Board, just doesn't hold the title "CEO".
    is that not exactly what stepping down is? he is stepping down from CEO... he is still on the board i am aware

Deleted
    <snip>

OT: I think it's sad that Steve's condition finally caught up with him. I always thought of him as an excellent spokesman based on the apple keynotes and a strong front-person for Apple.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-24 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad sad day, he is a God.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Sad sad day, he is a God.
    After resuming control of Apple in 1997, Jobs eliminated all corporate philanthropy programs.

Deleted
    Mod Warning:

Dear me guys, some of you have no respect at all.... I've removed about 15 posts now. Let me be clear:
    * No Apple bashing
    * No derailments/off-topic comments
    * No trolling/flaming
    * No jokes. People can't handle it and it'll turn into crap.

Really guys, if you're gonna make fun of people because of things like this, just gtfo.

- MK

Big day in the tech world, and quite a sad one at that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad luck Apple. Don't read much about any of Jobs' ideas, but he was a good man and had Apple going in a good direction. Let's hope someone else can step in and hopefully lead the company like he was.

I wonder how Cook will do. Steve is considered the best spokesman in the world by some.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-24 at 11:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes View Post
    Oh not companies are in it to make money!
    God is the supernatural creator and overseer of the universe. God has omniscience (infinite knowledge), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), omnibenevolence (perfect goodness), divine simplicity, and eternal and necessary existence.

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-24 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflora View Post
    Bad luck Apple. Don't read much about any of Jobs' ideas, but he was a good man and had Apple going in a good direction. Let's hope someone else can step in and hopefully lead the company like he was.
    Tim Cook's already been named CEO; he's stepped in three times whenever Jobs has had to leave due to his health issues, and he's been acting as CEO of the company all this year so the company's going to be in good hands.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

Get better, Steve.
    I've lost many a dear to me to cancer, I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

Steve was probably the singlehandedly biggest reason why Apple is where they are today. When he stepped up (again), they were in bad shape. Apple are likely worse off without him, but I bet he's trained up and influenced many people around him to carry the spirit onwards. And he'll likely act as an advisor for a year or more.

Focus on life, Steve, isn't that what's most important after all?
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    What do you mean?
    Don't know if you mean that words the same as I do tbh :P but someone wanted a discussion and magekid intervened that.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple...ng-down-2011-8 Shit is going fast :O
    The stock market is the strangest market in the world, seriously....

NASDAQ entry: http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/nasdaqlas...&selected=AAPL
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-24 at 11:54 PM.

jobs: "iQuit"

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-24 at 11:57 PM.