X-Perl replacement

Anyone know of an addon with a similar look and feel of X-Perl? Recently, X-Perl has had issues with placing world markers (prevents them from being used until /reload) and the constant reloading is very annoying. I like how X-Perl looks, as well as the simplicity of setting up all the frames, but this bug is persistent and it doesn't seem to be getting fixed any time soon.

I have tried Pitbull, but it takes forever to set up and I couldnt get it how I wanted it.

Anyone know of an X-Perl style raid frame addon or at least a fix for the X-Perl bug?
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

i use shadowed unit frames, always seemed pretty easy to set up for me

Deleted
    Just throwing this out there: the World Marker issue isn't caused by XPerl in particular - it's sloppy coding on Blizzard's part.

There's a lot of addons that cause the world marker issue. Wouldn't be surprised if whatever you replace X-Perl with causes the same problem, or if some other addon you have causes it. Just /reloadui when it happens. Also, are you using X-Perl r563? I believe there were changes recently to make the problem less common.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
    There's a lot of addons that cause the world marker issue. Wouldn't be surprised if whatever you replace X-Perl with causes the same problem, or if some other addon you have causes it. Just /reloadui when it happens. Also, are you using X-Perl r563? I believe there were changes recently to make the problem less common.
    I've only known people with X-Perl to experience the problem... and I have 3.1.5 but ill try that alpha version before giving up on X-Perl
    ^win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    I've only known people with X-Perl to experience the problem... and I have 3.1.5 but ill try that alpha version before giving up on X-Perl
    Using pitbull/vuhdo and one of them is causing the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Using pitbull/vuhdo and one of them is causing the same problem.
    ah ok... like I said I've only known about X-Perl doing it, so there very well may be more... of course it could also be fail blizzard programming like Treeston mentioned (very highly likely, we've all seen what bad programming can do in the past)
    ^win

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    In fact, it's known to be a Blizzard "bug" beyond a shadow of a doubt - any addon that uses a dropdown menu anywhere in it's options can cause this to happen.

Had dropdown issues with Volumizer too, an addon that allows and handles profiles for the in-game sounds.
    Unfortunatly looks to be one of just several long-standing UI bugs relating to taint or similar that blizzard simply won't fix.