Deleted

Smile The Elder Scrolls MMO

I think The Elder Scrolls would be perfect to release as an MMO. With all the races and classes already in the game it would fit perfectly as an MMO and also each race has it's own individual lore and province within Tamriel. Also plenty of factions are already in the game. Just thought i'd start a thread to discuss a TES MMO and if people would be interested.

I'm not sure if it would work. I play TES games for the RPG aspect of it, and something about being a part of an MMO kind of ruins that for me. It's just not the same. I'd still try it though if it were ever made into one. Not sure if they'd do combat the same way or what. I feel like the combat wouldn't work for PvP and things like that, but if they changed it, it wouldn't have the Elder Scrolls feel to it.

So, basically, I'd definitely try it, but I'd be extremely picky about it. I could see a lot of ways that they could mess it up. It'd be hard to pull off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they could pull off a multiplayer aspect easier than an MMO. Have like a 5 player co-op experience where you can partake in quests with your friends, maybe even the main questline as well? I think it would be a blast personally.

MMO? no, Multiplayer? hell to the yeah! I would love to play the adventure with my girlfriend

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of multiplayer, but MMO wouldn't feel like TES anymore.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detonation View Post
    I think they could pull off a multiplayer aspect easier than an MMO. Have like a 5 player co-op experience where you can partake in quests with your friends, maybe even the main questline as well? I think it would be a blast personally.
    That sounds like a much better idea than an MMO. A multiplayer functionality would allow for the differences in gameplay that always come up between single and multi player options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That's really not related. This is a well established IP that is deserving of it's own thread, imo.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Detonation View Post
    I thought about this aswell, it could also be put into effect on the xbox and ps3 like have certain aspects of the game multiplayer and other aspects keep them as a singleplayer game. They could try and do something with dungeons and bosses with certain loot etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    As you imagine The Elder Scrolls having MMO, it sounds freakin epic. Though I think if they even made an MMO it really wouldn't pan out to what people want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I'm not sure if it would work. I play TES games for the RPG aspect of it, and something about being a part of an MMO kind of ruins that for me. It's just not the same. I'd still try it though if it were ever made into one. Not sure if they'd do combat the same way or what. I feel like the combat wouldn't work for PvP and things like that, but if they changed it, it wouldn't have the Elder Scrolls feel to it.

So, basically, I'd definitely try it, but I'd be extremely picky about it. I could see a lot of ways that they could mess it up. It'd be hard to pull off.
    I see what you mean there, it would be interesting to see what they would try, they could find ways to keep it feeling like the same game series etc.. but I agree it will most likely have the game play changed to suit an MMO. I didn't think about this :P although I would still like to see if it could be successful and wether it would work or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgar law View Post
    I thought about this aswell, it could also be put into effect on the xbox and ps3 like have certain aspects of the game multiplayer and other aspects keep them as a singleplayer game. They could try and do something with dungeons and bosses with certain loot etc...
    This would just not work. They would have to water the game down so much to accommodate multiplayer aspects.

I'd rather have an amazing epic single player game than a mediocre single player game with multiplayer tacked on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    This would just not work. They would have to water the game down so much to accommodate multiplayer aspects.

I'd rather have an amazing epic single player game than a mediocre single player game with multiplayer tacked on.
    Why would they have to water the game down? They could still make it as if it was a single player game and just add the multiplayer or co-op aspect seperately, I see what you mean though cause most companies wouldn't put i the time to develop it as well as it could be and they would just scrape a singleplayer story together and focus the advertising etc on the multiplayer aspect, but i believe if they tried and put alot of effort into it that it could work as a multiplayer game and also even an MMO.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mortal Online ^_^

Think they wrote something on this for whenever Oblivion came out and people asked if they would make it multiplayer. They said that they would rather focus on one player aspect and make it the best game possible, and to be honest, I think that's exactly how it should be. Don't get me wrong, I would love to play the game with like one or two others, but there would be cut backs in some places, which would probably just make more people complain. I mean, people complain about everything hahaha.
    Yep. Players mad at us is a superior situation to players being mad at each other. -GC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aianna View Post
    Think they wrote something on this for whenever Oblivion came out and people asked if they would make it multiplayer. They said that they would rather focus on one player aspect and make it the best game possible, and to be honest, I think that's exactly how it should be. Don't get me wrong, I would love to play the game with like one or two others, but there would be cut backs in some places, which would probably just make more people complain. I mean, people complain about everything hahaha.
    I heard this somewhere but I didn't want to mention it cause I had no idea where from and people would just most likely ask where I heard it.