Quick Rag Questions

1. Does Aura Of Foreboding stun adds in transition phases? ( specced into destro last night for attempts, turns out aftermath does not work to stun)
    2. Is there a viable way to make demon leap work for magma trap breaking.
    3. If I can go affliction, is there a decent way to work an add down quick. (Attempts in 10m did not seem to go well for affliction)

Thank you.

Side note: Its a complete pain to keep ISF up while running around and breaking traps and such.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the stun works (which i actually think it does) the snare doesn't. So after casting HoG you'd have to keep the element in the circle for 6 seconds. I'm not sure if that is possible to do, even with an awesomely timed axe toss.

As for playing affliction, the trick is to dot up the ones that spawn the fastest so that you can instantly soulswap to those that spawn later. Yet destro our demo would obviously be the better choice.

As for destro.. even when standing still it's a pain to keep ISF up:P With the distance from ragnaros to my usual spot i was recasting it at 6 seconds remaining, which resulted in my delaying conflagrates a lot.

Shadowfury, as I am sure you are aware does work to stun the adds, and has a fairly short cooldown. Not to mention that since it can crit for 50K conflag works quite well on adds.

Also with glyphed summoning circle you can activate every trap solo.

I would think so but I don't have personal confirmation of this

That's on you, but yes it does prevent the fall damage if done right

Nope

I got it glyphed, but i still end up waiting on at least 1 more than I want to.

What about going affi and pet swapping succubus for the transition?

Also despite what should be pretty acceptable gear, I still did not seem to put enough heat on the adds for my liking. I went sb:sf> immo>choas>conflag>incinerate.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamons View Post
    Also despite what should be pretty acceptable gear, I still did not seem to put enough heat on the adds for my liking.
    Warlocks can't burst. Destro gives it a good shot but it's still not great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually as demo you can burst quite a lot.
    trinkets + meta just before the adds are targetable to not waste a GCD
    open with stun and felstorm + HoG
    after than you can mostly instant soulfire to the next add, and with a nicely targeted demon leap stun 2 more adds.

Best action i've managed is a demonic circle teleport from the right side to the middle, followed by a leap stun on an add on the other side of the hammer :3

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamons View Post
    I got it glyphed, but i still end up waiting on at least 1 more than I want to.
    I believe the cooldown on magma trap is 25 seconds, so as long as you are consistent in activating them 3 seconds (or whatever countdown you give your healers to touch up any rough spots) after they spawn you should have 5-6 seconds tops by the final one before the phase change, if even that.

Ok let me rephrase that: technically, warlocks are capable of incredible high spikes of damage if playing Demo, but their controlled burst is lacking in all 3 specs in the sense that burst is the need for things to die quickly on demand.

If your need for burst happens to line up with meta, then yeah you could manage something that isn't utterly pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Succubus whiplash

and yeah aura of foreboding does stun the sons of flame and lava scions

Edit: can't really comment on umm how much burst you can do to them because on heroic rag they get gripped and typhooned together then stunned then I just go nuts on the aoe assuming we get average spawns

Made by dubbelbasse

I do 10m Rag as affliction, but I don't really burst anything, I just DoT everything to help others. We have 3 paladins all glyphed for holy wrath, a fury warrior who charges and stuns one, and a hunter who can generally burst down 2 of the sons really quickly... not to mention we have a prot warrior tank who has like 20 billion stuns... So while I'm less usefull for sons, they don't really need my help >.> and I can do more damage where it really matters (execute phase)

1. Does Aura Of Foreboding stun adds in transition phases? ( specced into destro last night for attempts, turns out aftermath does not work to stun)
    2. Is there a viable way to make demon leap work for magma trap breaking.
    3. If I can go affliction, is there a decent way to work an add down quick. (Attempts in 10m did not seem to go well for affliction)

1) Yes to sons - you do need to use axe toss just as you finish your guldan cast to keep them there long enough to proc it though.
    I haven't tried anything on seeds.. but that won't be a problem on normal.

2) Urgh.. maybe.. but its.. don't do it.

3) When I have done it on 10m (affi), I assigned myself to the furthest side - ie, if it isn't an even split, I go the long side, and our arcane mage goes the short side. I got three-ish sons to 50% hp snare between myself and the healers who come same side - not amazing, but enough that we didn't have issues.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    1. Yes
    2. Yes. pop then wait 1 second to go up then leap. Did it all the time on the first trap
    3. Yes. CoE a middle one SoC / UA / Haunt / SB

Yes the stun does work but you need another stun to make sure they are in the circle when the stun goes off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Warlock on Rag is hard. I usually pop meta and burst with guldan and shadow bolts, still pretty shitty way of doing it... I rely on my guildies to that part, I try dot up the later ones while they are slowing down.