Prot pala Need help!

hello Mmo-champion forums.

since a few days i started tanking with my paladin, i've got decent gear and am stacking stamina.
    My question is: why do i take so much dmg? is it because of my gems? or is it because of my reforging. anyways here is my armory:eu(.)battle(.)net/wow/en/character/xavius/Jeopapaladin/simple
    if anyone could help me plz reply to this thread

Jeopapaladin, Xavius EU

Stamina stacking is definitely something you want to avoid until you are CTC (Combat Table Capped), meaning everything hitting you is either dodged,parried,or blocked. The best stat for you right now is Mastery. Stack mastery and your "effective health" will increase. Effective health being the number of hits you take before you die. This is to make healing you easier because while you have less actual HP, you take much less damage.

You are also reforging useful avoidance over stats like hit and expertise. ALWAYS reforge these threat stats first. You want as little hit/expertise as possible!

Also try and balance your parry and dodge to be around the same %.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellio View Post
    Stamina stacking is definitely something you want to avoid until you are CTC (Combat Table Capped), meaning everything hitting you is either dodged,parried,or blocked. The best stat for you right now is Mastery. Stack mastery and your "effective health" will increase. Effective health being the number of hits you take before you die. This is to make healing you easier because while you have less actual HP, you take much less damage. Also try and balance your parry and dodge to be around the same %.

Hope that helps.
    ^ this except try to balance your unbuffed dodge and parry rating (not %)

Stacking stamina is sooo Wotlk..... avoidance is your friend and mastery=just that

you want mastery everywhere you can get it.

Red gems = Fine Ember topaz (20 parry / 20 mastery
    Blue gems = Puissant Dream Emerald
    Yellow gems = Fractured Amber Jewel (also you should use this gem in your prismatic sockets belt and relic)

reforge all your threat stats into mastery. Take your ring 2 for example you have the parry reforged into mastery but you should reforge expertise. Now I know you are thinking you get more mastery from the parry but you overall damage taken goes goes reforging the threat stat.

Another thing you can do is because your parry is so much higher then your dodge on item with parry and mastery reforge the parry into dodge(your gloves are a good example of this). It will help with parry Diminishing returns.

get a 50 dodge rating enchant on you bracers.

get a 50 mastery enchant for your shield

get a windwalk enchant for your weapon or mending if you are short cash.

and your spec is a mess take out the point in eye for an eye and put them in improved judgement. take out the 3 points in judgments of the pure and put them into rule of law and pursuit of justice. take your 2 points in hallowed ground and put them in guarded by the light and take 1 point from reckoning and put it in divine guardian.

start with all that and i am sure things will get better for you.

ok thanks for the help guys i will see if thing get better after i get some gold :P
    but really, i appreciated ur responses, thank you

Jeopapaladin

I've PM'd you with everything you need to know about setting up a Prot Paladin - I only PM you because I'm not allowed to post links yet in threads for some reason.

Please NOTE : My personal opinion---- until you can reach the block cap, I would go for 20mastery/30stam in most sockets, and maybe still use 1 stam trinket (ofc reforge threat stats to mastery, and keep your parry/dodge about even) -

If you cannot hit the block cap you will still need some stamina, even then if you only just manage to get the block cap by sacrificing ALOT of stamina any magic attack can be deadly, your best bet is to speak to your healers see what is best for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...auras/advanced

This is my Paladin tank. Everything is (I think) gemmed/enchanted/reforged correctly. With the exception of the stam gem in my shoulders (I had a blue gem on my when they dropped, didn't have a green one = stam gem goes in) which I'll be fixing later today. Unless I forget again. I'll probably forget again.

Deleted
    From what i can see you have done a good thing and listened to the posters above me the only thing i can say is to change your meta gem to Eternal Shadowspirit Diamond

Here is my pala if your interested in spec / glyphs etc
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lyhó/advanced

Deleted
    Incase you need help for future gear:

check out this link (our MT)

Click