10+ Year Old Account

Darkmoon Deathmatch - Gurubashi Arena v2

So Blizzard decided to listen to players and give them an updated Gurubashi experience.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Darkmoon Deathmatch!

Like any good carnival, the Darkmoon Faire has a shady side. You can leave the skilled labor to the suckers and go for a faster score instead. If you’ve got the minerals, the Darkmoon Deathmatch offers an experience unparalleled since the Gurubashi Arena. Pitmaster Pei has a big old treasure chest just brimming with goodies and Darkmoon Faire Prize Tickets that he’ll drag out into the Darkmoon Deathmatch Pit every three hours or so. Everybody wants it, so if you want a piece of the action you’ll just have to jump in and prove that you’re the toughest one in the Pit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good, I used to good at that. Should be fun.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

This will be very entertaining if it get's good involvment. I'm curious to know if the contents will be BoP. If they are, it will mean more player heading in solo. I'm sure that a few people will still form groups and rotate who gets will attempt to loot it, but for the mot part of this is in the free-for-all form, these matches will take a very long time (But still be fun) if there's any decent kind of participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
    Too little, too late. Won't make me resub.
    Read the darkmoon faire preview on the front page of this site. It's not something like new content that will make people return to the game. It's not a plan to recapture the 300k or w/e it wa subscribers they lost. It's just a fun side-thing for people to do when they're bored or in off time, not a reason to play the game alone. Players have asked for a Gurubashi Arena type thing for a while. Player have also asked for random fun things in game to just kill time with. This is addressed to those people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
    Too little, too late. Won't make me resub.
    Not to be a dick or anything, but if that's the case, why are you posting on the pvp forum?

If you don't have anything to contribute, don't post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is fantastic. I just hope the GY's are a good distance away to avoid people re-spawning straight away.
    Also I hope the rewards are conquest points, or something the scales up with the patches.

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if entire guilds will fight it out.... should be interesting...

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really excited about this! I loved the Gurubashi Arena concept and have always thought a traveling gurubashi stadium would be sick. I know this is on it's own island but darkmoon deathmatch is still going to be FUN!
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my fingers crossed for this not becoming a fail.
    It would be really awesome if it's anything like the good old Gurubashi Arena.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etdrit View Post
    I have my fingers crossed for this not becoming a fail.
    It would be really awesome if it's anything like the good old Gurubashi Arena.
    Agreed. I'll participate. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Not to be a dick or anything, but if that's the case, why are you posting on the pvp forum?

They are posting on the forums because they have as much a right to post their opinions as you do.

Not all contributions are lined with joy and happiness. If anything, comments like that could spawn interesting conversation about new ideas, ways that the game could improve, things we don't like, and... oh god, I hope this doesn't become one of THOSE threads. What have I done!?

In all seriousness though, this doesn't seem as unique as it once was (the death match, that is) unless the items are good. But if they are too good, people are bound to have a mental breakdown and go crying to Blizzard for them to be nerfed, or for the death matches to have population limits. I just don't have the faith in the development team as I used to, and I think its too early to deem this new creation a success.

I mean, look at the hard heroics and relevance of tanks gaining aggro.

Holy Crap when did you change your avatar/sig?
    But I can't wait gonna pwn some scrubs in shatters. Also having my rogue as my main will help with winning it

I don't get it. Is it a last man standing kind of thing?

If that's the case? There are gonna be a bunch of healers standing around at the end, not dying...

Bubble loot time.

Yeah, that'll be fun, everyone dies but healers and thee match will go on for hours. Although this sounds fun, the fact that blizz doenst balance around 1v1 certain class/specs are gonna really shine here. Frost mages, blood dk's, ferals, rogues are gonna clean up.