Thread: Strange...

Strange...

About two days ago i began experiencing some really strange lag spikes. I can play normally for about 3 minutes before the lag starts and then begins to start and stop for the duration. I have tried to fix this by uninstalling all my addons, resetting my computer modem and router, and even tried repairing WoW. I cant seem to find a way to fix this problem and i would appreciate any help i can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably overheating. Also, wrong forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Bad bandwidth is the culprit. Once you load it starts out OK, but slowly starts building and data gets backed up in the bottleneck .. 3 mins sounds about right.

Check with your IP, check what your computer is doing, who is it connecting to? .. check your cables and plug connections - I had a damaged co-axial cable once that was the cause of very slow internet.

Oh and spot check something else, like YouTube .. is that slow too?

everything else works fine except WoW.

Sounds like just bad communications between you and them, in that case. Connecting fast elsewhere else tells me your hardware is OK at least.

It happens. Eventually it will most likely go away on its own, but if you get bored you can call your IP and inquire.

ISPs can throttle you by traffic "type," and some report that they've done this with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    ISPs can throttle you by traffic "type," and some report that they've done this with WoW.
    That doesn't make sense. WoW barely uses any bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    That doesn't make sense. WoW barely uses any bandwidth.
    Beats the shit out of me why ISPs care. Apparently they have done so tho. >>

Did they say so or it's just a rumor ?

Try checking your Speedtest then come back. This should tell if bandwidth is the culprit.

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Did they say so or it's just a rumor ?
    It's just another "I heard they've done it before," but it wasn't apparently very intentional. Apparently.