Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    US retailer pulls Deus Ex from shelves

US retail chain GameStop has today pulled all copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution for PC from its store shelves. The move follows the revelation yesterday that the chain had been unpackaging brand new copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution for PC and removing an enclosed promotional coupon for a free copy of the game via streaming service OnLive.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    US retailer pulls Deus Ex from shelves

US retail chain GameStop has today pulled all copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution for PC from its store shelves. The move follows the revelation yesterday that the chain had been unpackaging brand new copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution for PC and removing an enclosed promotional coupon for a free copy of the game via streaming service OnLive.
    You're a bit late, and that's offtopic from this thread. There are already 3 threads on what you posted.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

My processor can't handle the game

I was pretty excited to check it out, too

I'm hopefully going to be getting some new stuff for my computer to rock it out! Very excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    A game review site might as well use that, well written.
    Thank you
    T'was my first written review

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly I can't buy this game yet, but when I upgrade my PC for BF3, this will certainly be #2
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

I have yet to finish the game yet but I started a fresh play through anyways to test something out....

YOU CAN LITERALLY SAVE THE HOSTAGES IF YOU DO THE STAGE FAST ENOUGH. /amazed

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I have yet to finish the game yet but I started a fresh play through anyways to test something out....

that is pretty interesting. i thought they were all scripted to die. but i was taking my time like a noob looking for loot.

Yeah, just requires some high APM when you're hacking

Not very far in yet but so far i love it, great game.

Got this game as well. I really enjoy seeing all of the possibilities a person can do to get the job done. It's awesome.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Neat game, though I have an obsession with doing things the way they were 'meant to be done'. Because of this, the way I'm playing feels pretty linear. :<

Maybe I should just shoot a few people important to quest objectives.

For those of you just starting out I have one tiny piece of advice....

Get hacking level 2 augment first.

Nothing more annoying than purchasing something you think is cool and then running into 55 fucking computers, doors and safes with level 2 hacking required. Granted, you can unlock everything sooner or later but it makes it vastly easier and if you're going to get it anyways, might as well get it first to be useful.

You can get 3 Praxis for finishing the first level and follow up quests in the Siraf building. I grabbed level 1 cloak and level 2 hacking.

This is on Give Me Deus Ex difficulty, I dunno if maybe XP gain is less at lower difficulty levels.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    You can get 3 Praxis for finishing the first level and follow up quests in the Siraf building. I grabbed level 1 cloak and level 2 hacking.

This is on Give Me Deus Ex difficulty, I dunno if maybe XP gain is less at lower difficulty levels.
    Maybe it is or maybe it was the way you played the first stage. I got WAY more XP the second time I played it because I literally ignored everyone and just ninja'd my way to the end. My first (current) play through I barely had a 2 Praxis by the time I got out into the city.

Maybe it is or maybe it was the way you played the first stage. I got WAY more XP the second time I played it because I literally ignored everyone and just ninja'd my way to the end. My first (current) play through I barely had a 2 Praxis by the time I got out into the city.
    You get more XP for that? Interesting, wish I had known that.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    You get more XP for that? Interesting, wish I had known that.
    Yeah. I believe ghost and smooth operator net you massive XP. Of course the occassional knockout when needed is bonus xp since you get bonuses for not killing.

Yeah. I believe ghost and smooth operator net you massive XP. Of course the occassional knockout when needed is bonus xp since you get bonuses for not killing.
    I know I didn't get Ghost on my run through, but I did get Smooth Operator and Silvertongue. Silvertongue was like 1000 XP. I also saved the hostages, which was a big bonus.

Are you talking about the ones in the room with the gas explosion? If you are you could just hack the machine

10+ Year Old Account
    how much gameplay time has anyone gotten so far? I've heard 12+ hours and still not complete, so it sounds promising.