Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    My predictions:

- It's going to be great on XBOX and PS3, but there will be a lot of issues with the PC version
    - Storyline is going to be mediocre, but probably with a few fun missions
    - Multiplayer is going to be more refined than Blops, but the general gameplay isn't going to change much (ie point and spray)
    - It's going to be the top-selling game of 2011
    I think Skyrim will give it a good run for its money.

Im looking forward to it, hoping the story isnt as predictable as i think its going to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    These "kids" don't have gaming rigs capable of running BF3, though. You see? e

Ha, my cousin is 13 years old. His dad buys him everything he wants PC related. The kid is 13 and has SLi580's, 3x30" monitors in nvidia surround, 2600k, SSD, has all the fancy razer gadgets etc. All paid for buy his dad. And yes...he is a big COD player, and yes he is really hyped about BF3. Even though he has never played any other previous BF games. It is the hype mate and theres plenty of kids these days whos parents spoil em so there will be tons of 13 year old kids like my cousin on BF3.

Oh to be the son of divorced parents with money...and to think when I was 13...I was absolutely amazed to own a Nintendo 64, even though I only ever owned like 4 games in total.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok guys drop the BF3 crap. Mods just close this thread. This is a MW3 thread not a BF3 is better thread. I personally think MW3 will be better than BF3. Bf3 will be a great game but MW3 is more for me. I also think that Skyrim is going to kick all their asses hahaha!! Nah but in all seriousness. Stick to the topic.

~~On-topic~~
    So I heard they might be adding 32 player matches to MW3. I think it is a good and bad idea. Good because.....well the more the merrier. Think it will be bad because it will provide more lag and lots more hosts disconnecting so every 2 mins you will see "Migrating to new host" lol.

MW3 will be just like MW2. I mean, really, at this point, if you have played one of the MW games you have played the other.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm excited about MW3.
    I mean Treyarch disappointed me enough, but IW is simply miles ahead in terms of performance and gameplay. So I'm defintly definitely givin' it a try,
    I mean the game seems like a Best-Of between the first two games, which is fine by me. As long everything is balanced out.

And for the PC players out there. Dedicated Servers are confirmed!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerialslayer View Post

...more hosts disconnecting so every 2 mins you will see "Migrating to new host" lol.
    ä
    lol, dedicated servers...oh wait, console?

I haven't bought any of the CoD games since the complete shitstorm that was PC matchmaking for MW2.

What's the word on multiplayer in this one? Is it still that shittastic lagfest?

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
    I haven't bought any of the CoD games since the complete shitstorm that was PC matchmaking for MW2.

What's the word on multiplayer in this one? Is it still that shittastic lagfest?
    Nope, dedicated servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I loved MW 1 & 2, especially 2. I really want to love MW3 as well but I just can't get into it. Looking at the trailers it has the exact same graphics engine and identical gameplay, which I love but I feel like I would be getting ripped off because all infinity ward have done is slapped a single player mode and some multiplayer together with MW 2. I had plenty of fun with MW2 but the fun has begun to fade, so buying an identical copy of it will only be just as boring. I'll personally be waiting for a lot of multiplayer videos before putitng the final nail in the coffin or perhaps look at some reviews an gameplay a few weeks after lauch, I hope I get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominator View Post
    [...] Looking at the trailers it has the exact same graphics engine and identical gameplay, which I love but I feel like I would be getting ripped off because all infinity ward have done is slapped a single player mode and some multiplayer together with MW 2. I had plenty of fun with MW2 but the fun has begun to fade, so buying an identical copy of it will only be just as boring. [...]
    This is why I never played Modern Warfare. It's the exact same thing that the Need for Speed series is; just updated in-game things (in NFS case, cars and tracks) running on the same engine so it looks the exact damn same.

I did enjoy Modern Warfare 2's campaign, I played through that, but I've always disliked how it's such a cartoon-y shooter. Modern Warfare has always been the Need for Speed of FPS'; it's trying to be like the normal games, but they want it to appeal to more people so they "dumb-down" (relative term, you know what I mean by that) the gameplay to make it easier for everyone and in turn, it ruins it for a lot of people who like the Gran Turismo and Forza style game (going with the racing comparisons).

So, hopefully the campaign in this will be good as I'll play through that if one of my roommates buys the game, but there is 0 chance I'll be playing multiplayer unless there is a major overhaul with the style of game they are going for (which won't happen)
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by JDLJ View Post
    Personally I'm excited about MW3.
    I mean Treyarch disappointed me enough, but IW is simply miles ahead in terms of performance and gameplay. So I'm defintly definitely givin' it a try,
    I mean the game seems like a Best-Of between the first two games, which is fine by me. As long everything is balanced out.

And for the PC players out there. Dedicated Servers are confirmed!
    Except the original IW team isn't making MW3, or even touching the multiplayer.

Deleted
    I don't know if any of you saw the "Multiplayer reveal" from the XP event. They confirmed that there is no Commando, no Last Stand, no One Man Army. That's a good improvent imo They also changed Killstreaks to Pointstreaks. The Pointstreak choice is also based on the Strike package you choose. The full vid is here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CALLOFDU.../0/16EqOQVSG94

Deleted
    Congratulations, Activision, for once more making a game which is terribly f-, no lets keep it civil here.

I just played a few games, and I must say the spawning is yet again, horrible.
    Did a gungame match, was ranked one with 15-2, then I got 7 deaths in a row because I got spawn killed right away.

Deleted
    One of the only things that dissapointed me about MW3 is the fact that dedicated servers are USELESS. Non ranked dedicated servers... what were they thinking?

15+ Year Old Account
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right