Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by snugglewump View Post
    I disagree with this part, if you are 2-3 wrath away from lunar eclipse, I would definitely wait and go into lunar eclipse first, then cast starsurge.
    in my opinion i would rather chance the 2-3 wrath cast proccing another starsurge, 15 sec cd, if your casting starfire first ( when you enter lunar, and refresh the dots), you have a high probability of getting another starsurge, it is atleast what i have seen during raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by scryedo89 View Post
    OH And Starsurge EVERY TIME IT IS UP / off cooldown. <---- IMPORTANT!
    It also can depend on how far away you are from the boss. Depending on the travel time of your Wraths (when leaving Solar) you may want to hold off a Starsurge cast until you get a final Wrath cast (or 2, depending on distance (I'm looking at you, Raggy)), so that all of those casts will be eclipsed as opposed to just the Starsurge.

You are Correct Daerellin, there are alot of factors that you have to not thinking about, but just KNOW that this and that and this will happen when x is still flying etc

Quote Originally Posted by scryedo89 View Post
    You are Correct Daerellin, there are alot of factors that you have to not thinking about, but just KNOW that this and that and this will happen when x is still flying etc
    I may have misunderstood your response o.0 But it DOES require thought about when to starsurge if you are trying to get extra eclipsed spells, due to the much faster travel time of starsurge. On Rag for example, if you are positioned farther back on the platform and your next wrath would bring you out of eclipse, you can get 2 or 3 wraths off, AND a starsurge, and all will be eclipsed. If you starsurge before the wraths, less spells will be eclipsed because starsurge will connect faster and you will lose the eclipse buff.

tell him to remove hurricane from his bars, that shit is awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you are a hybrid, and feral is Overpowered at it's current state. :P
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

----------------CLICK SIGNATURE FOR ARMORY----------------

aha, at first glance that might seem like there is "no thought" processing in it, you learn when you play what works and what does not, you "muscle" remember the things like travels times, cause keeping at at the forefront at all times will make you slow down, and you dont want that, you want to be casting a spell at all time, and a better control of the basics are required before you move on the the more advanced stuff.

oh, just to note that is what i mean about the different factors X spell will hit at distance Y after G amount of time.
    This is not somthing you do automaticly at the start but, i must say that after a while playin as a druid balance i have been slipping those from the front on my mind and my thought process follows more in the line of Dip, dodge, duck and dodge the four d's of dodgeball on encounter instead on what my dps is because my "muscles" remember what i am suppose to do at different timings, distance etc.

I found that it is more of a learning curve that i personally hade to learn the hardway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokiron View Post
    tell him to remove hurricane from his bars, that shit is awful.
    That would be a mistake :P It sees some pretty successful usage on Rag and Rhyolith, possibly Beth too depending on who you have on spiderlings/raid difficulty.

Deleted
    For rhyo hc I pref to not have lunar shower specced. Start using starfire on legs til I hit solar eclipse then mainly using sunfire and insect swarm. I stay solar eclipse til p2. Ended up on 27-28 k dps (not super, but ok.)
    Last edited by mmoc02c1d361fb; 2011-08-27 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daerellin View Post
    That would be a mistake :P It sees some pretty successful usage on Rag and Rhyolith, possibly Beth too depending on who you have on spiderlings/raid difficulty.
    only use is rag.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    only use is rag.
    Myself and many others disagree with you here. Have you not tried it on Heroic Rhyolith against shards? Of course, it can depend on your raid DPS, but it is still very worthwhile (AND can pad your meter if you are trying to rig World of Log parses )

our shards are dead in a few seconds on rhyo, enough time to dot them as they spawn, and finish with shrooms and a typhoon.
    i guess if it take a little longer hurricane could be more use here.

Quote Originally Posted by thiazi View Post
    You're kidding right? The only time I use innervate on myself is when I got combat ressed. 95% of my innervate usage is on healers.
    Then u are not aoe-ing I always need it on Lord (im killin the blobs) , on Beth (killing the lings) and on Raggy

Deleted
    Hey peeps! First time poster here, so go easy on me :P

I've levelled my balance druid to 85 just a couple of weeks ago and since then I've been tinkering with the spec. For now, it's been a wonderful ride all along. Coming from a hunter main, the sheer depth of moonkin mechanics amazes me. Not that I do not miss the simplicity of the hunter at times, that effortless 24k dps and 30k peaks you can reach by sticking to your 4-5 shots. Anyway, more to the point, I hadn't read any guide as to how to spec so I went for mine own. However, browsing these forums and reading what more experienced owlbeasts had to say I came to realise there may be some flaws with my spec. Correct me if I'm wrong:

1) Furor isn't worth the points and should be specced out from.
    2) Lunar Shower isn't worth the points and should be specced out from. I understand that the talent *is* a liability for when there's AoE to be done and one wishes to remain in Solar for a long period of time. However, doesn't speccing out of it hurt our dps on-the-move? Or is that dps loss for when on the move just not big enough?
    3) If I spec out of Lunar Shower, multidot situations will drive me more oom than they did before, so should I spec into Dreamstate and/or Moonglow to compensate?

When answering to the above, bear into mind I'm by no means a hardcore raider but rather a casual one. I mostly do 5 mans and 10 man altruns, if anything. Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenys View Post
    1) Furor isn't worth the points and should be specced out from.
    Correct.
    2) Lunar Shower isn't worth the points and should be specced out from. I understand that the talent *is* a liability for when there's AoE to be done and one wishes to remain in Solar for a long period of time. However, doesn't speccing out of it hurt our dps on-the-move? Or is that dps loss for when on the move just not big enough?
    Depends on how you are moving in a raid. If you end up moving long periods of time of course the talent can be justified. Myself, i don't move for long periods of times so the talent isn't needed.
    Staghelm might be a fight where Lunar Shower can prove useful in some situations and also Ragnaros depending on how your raid does it.
    Keeping an eye on timers might also be useful, for delaying an instant starsurge to when you are on the move, or delay refreshing dots while on the move if you know you need to move within a few seconds. (Baleroc crystals spawning, Staghelm stacking/spreading or Ragnaros Molten Seeds spawning)
    3) If I spec out of Lunar Shower, multidot situations will drive me more oom than they did before, so should I spec into Dreamstate and/or Moonglow to compensate?
    I have 1 point in dreamstate (0 in Moonglow), mostly because nowhere else to put it and that works fine. I think i would make it work even without the talent when self-innervating. Most fights don't require multidotting to a great extent though. Rhyolith fragments and Beth'tilac spiderlings live to short for them. Beth'tilac spinners and Alysraror ground adds (+boss) is a good place to dot stuff up, and this is where your mana can be hurt a little. Shannox is also a place to dot all 3 targets up, especially on normal and on heroic if you just wanna top the damage meter.
    Last edited by mmocd3fb6fa5b2; 2011-08-27 at 01:49 PM.