Poll: Which Tablet should I go for

Deleted

Buying a Tablet, which should I go for

Alright.

I have decided that I want to buy a tablet PC for when I am travelling, or when I just want to sit on the couch away from my proper PC. I have spent the last month looking at different sizes, shapes and indeed operating systems and now have myself down to a choice of 2.

1) Apple Ipad 2 16GB
    http://www.johnlewis.com/231208919/Product.aspx

2) Motorola Xoom 32GB
    http://www.johnlewis.com/231232995/Product.aspx

Now.

In terms of hardware, in my eyes, the Xoom is winning out on every single point. More Storage, better cameras, Screen, Flash support etc etc.

BUT apple has the better App Store currently and better quality apps in general, and this is a sticking point, having experienced the Chaff/Wheat ratio on the Android market.

So, i am looking for opinions on which one would be best to go for in your eyes, and give me some examples of why one is better than the other. Help me decide which one would fit my purposes better(and don't try turn this into an anti Apple or Android thread)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of either (especially not a fan of Apple, I have an iPad for work, btw). The iPad is locked to whatever Apple wants you to use and you HAVE to use their malware program, iTunes, to interface with your PC/Mac. They may have a bazillion of apps in their "store", but you are not going to use a bazillion apps and for either iOS or Android, you will find the same or similar apps to do everything you need to, so don't use the store as a decision maker. My recommendation would be the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 personally, but if you're dead set on those two, the Xoom would be the only one I'd steer you to, and not because it's android, it's because it's NOT locked to iTunes.

edit: spelling corrections

10+ Year Old Account
    "Apple iPad 2 Key Features: Brand - Apple" Apparently that's all you need to know lol

That aside, I own an iPhone, much to the chagrin of my techie friends. I loathe most things apple, but they've done great things with their mobile devices. If you're not already bound to iTunes because of iPods or the like, I wouldn't start if you don't have to, but otherwise I don't see much steering you away from apple.

Storage/camera/flash aren't a big deal to me, but resolution would definitely be a big sticking point. We're kind of in that period between iPad iterations, so it might be better to wait for the iPad 3, which is rumored to have a much higher resolution.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

iPad is just so far better than any competition at the moment that there's no point whatsoever to buy any other tablet if you must get a tablet right now.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Is there a reason you aren't looking at the Samsung Galaxy pad? Apple has gone public by admitting that it's the only pad up to speed with their product.. which does mean a lot considering they pioneered those things.

Give it a look.

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/m...ail&returnurl=

iPad to be fair. I think the only downside of an apple product as many others said, is iTunes. I started working with iTunes since I had my first generation nano, and still work with it for my iPhone and iPad and god, I fudging hate iTunes. Once you get the hang of it it's not the worst program in the world but I just think it's too complicated to be fair, it could be way easier. If you need the tablet right away, go for iPad 2. I recommend you to wait for the iPad 3 to be fair.

I don't see a diff in apps almost everything you find in the Apple store you find in the android all the big company's noticed that Android has a bigger market so they start to expand in that way 2.

The xoom is thicker 1.3 while the ipad is 0.8. but for the rest i would go with the Xoom.

Even better would be the galaxy tab but its abit expensiver.

P.s (I love that there is a full sheet off info on the Xoom but only marketing crap on the iPad 2 )
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

How interesting, this popped up in my sub box the other day, I figure it might help you in some way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpsJ7-Oibj4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AhqyySyQak
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpMR72e9iDo

Personally, I would recommend the galaxy tab, but if you have to have one of the two you posted, go with the xoom.

Depends really; I'd personally prefer an iPad, sure the Xoom is more technically advanced, but a lot of tablets are, yet none come close to the overall quality I'd say is in the iPad (note my experience with either is limited to demo models in stores). Not to mention Apple's app store has a vast array of stuff, whereas Android is still developing along.

Though honestly, if you're willing to dig very hard, HP discontinued their TouchPad and one can be scored for as little as $100, though you're gonna have a very rough time of finding any right now. Sure it's discontinued, but the tech specs match just about any other top tablet for a fraction of the price, plus there's development to put Honeycomb onto it since webOS is dying/dead.

Deleted
    iPad I think is superior. I'm not sure if the Xoom uses the Android Market but the apple store has more apps etc. But if you can wait I would suggest waiting for the iPad 3. Coming out early 2012 or late 2011.

iPad app store is much more mature and has better quality apps overall. If you want it to be a fun experience with games and such, iPad2.
    I remember it all too well

Deleted
    Right, I think I have pretty much decided that the lack of native Flash on the Ipad is a killer for me.

To answer questions around the why I am choosing the Xoom over the Samsung, I have had an extended play with both of them and I really just like the feel of the Xoom over the Samsung. I also like the fact that the Xoom runs a pretty much Vanilla version of Gingerbread as well.

At the same time, I like how Sturdy the Xoom feels in my hands. A small thing, but I'm not one of these people who believes that something being thinner is always a good thing.