Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethorian View Post
    If i recall well, not in ICC, but on Halion the average raid dps was around the 12-15ks while the shadowmourne would be running around 16k-19k. It really depends on the situation OP and class/spec.
    For instance, one warlock linked his log, where in Halfus Heroic his top damage was the staff procc(probably due to SB:SoC and focus the damage on Halfus), the staff will lose it's power in the next comming tiers, but it's still gonna be a powerful weapon. I would guess the staff procc is around 10-15% with no ICD.
    how is the staff going to lose its power in the coming tiers? it replicates the damage, in coming tiers, your going to get better gear and do more dmg, so in fact, it will get better in coming teirs.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    and the other 25 casters who did this as well?
    If you care to look, most are getting tricks / PI. Probably standing out of the raid or not assigned to shards. Stop complaining, your obviously a melee or someone who'll never get the staff and just want's to complain for no reason.

how is the staff going to lose its power in the coming tiers? it replicates the damage, in coming tiers, your going to get better gear and do more dmg, so in fact, it will get better in coming teirs.
    The staff's proc will always be 10% (or whatever the exact proc rate for your class is) damage, but as gear starts to get better and weapons surpass the legendary in raw stats it will lose some of the advantage it has right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    either way, fact remains that melee are going to need buffs in T13, most were barely able to compete with casters before the legendary, now they cant even do that.
    least when melee had legendaries there was competitive dps elsewhere without them.

---------- Post added 2011-08-27 at 02:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    The staff's proc will always be 10% (or whatever the exact proc rate for your class is) damage, but as gear starts to get better and weapons surpass the legendary in raw stats it will lose some of the advantage it has right now.
    except for the fact that the rest of your gear gets better, so at the same time you lose out on stats on the staff, your gaining them elsewhere.

---------- Post added 2011-08-27 at 02:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    If you care to look, most are getting tricks / PI. Probably standing out of the raid or not assigned to shards. Stop complaining, your obviously a melee or someone who'll never get the staff and just want's to complain for no reason.
    my major problem with this is that at least when other people had legendaries (SM, Glaives) other dps were at least competitive. melee had to push to even compete with casters BEFORE the legendary, now it truley is casterclysm.

except for the fact that the rest of your gear gets better, so at the same time you lose out on stats on the staff, your gaining them elsewhere.
    You say that like every single other person in the raid isn't getting gear with you >.<

I remember there was a point where it wasn't sure for our healers whether they wanted to keep Val'anyr or use a LK weapon because it had like 40 item levels on it.

You're overestimating the staff's proc rate OP.
    Also casters are gonna lose some considerable Spell power/Intellect by sticking with a 397.
    If you want my advise, i would tell ya to stop living for WoL parses and raid for fun. Nobody is gonna care if you're the top 1 on a boss encounter. Blizzard is not going to send a truck filled with delicious virgins for ya because you topped reccount and ranked first on god knows what. Parses can, and always will be cheesed. Be happy that one guildmate or friend or w/e managed to get his legendary, with guild effort, instead of being selfish about it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    show me another legendary that was ballparked around a 25% dps increase. also, while your at it, show me another legendary where people without legendaries couldnt even get close to those with legendaries?
    Warglaives? - Hunters/Warlocks; Shadowmourne? Fire Mages.
    While not a DPS increase tanks were using Thunderfury to tank kara because the proc was that worthwhile for threat. So right there you have a legendary that went through 3-4 tiers of later content.

Your worry is also unfounded. If your guild is going to farm enough legendary staves for every caster then you might have a reason to worry but realisticly if 1-2 casters in your guild are getting spots every raid over melee it's not the end of the world. In truth if they got picked to get the staff they probably were coming to every raid anyway.

I see the staff being BiS for this expac though depending on itemization it may get overtaken by Heroic Deathwing level weapons. As we have no clue what ilvl or stats they will have we can't figure it out. Come next expac the staff should easily be overtaken by the first tier of raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an Orange Item. It's meant to be good and not obtainable for all players.

About the damage increase, I think it's good enough.
    After all, the main objective is to kill the boss. I know it feels good to stay on #1 on DamageDone/DamagePerSecond but we can't have everything.

Well, as I can see now, you're all PvE'ers complaining about the damage done by those wielding the Legendary.
    Now let's wait for all the PvP'ers come here to complain how OP Frost Mages were and how OP they'll be in when they start to do Shatter Combo and replicating the damage.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethorian View Post
    You're overestimating the staff's proc rate OP.
    Also casters are gonna lose some considerable Spell power/Intellect by sticking with a 397.
    If you want my advise, i would tell ya to stop living for WoL parses and raid for fun. Nobody is gonna care if you're the top 1 on a boss encounter. Blizzard is not going to send a truck filled with delicious virgins for ya because you topped reccount and ranked first on god knows what. Parses can, and always will be cheesed. Be happy that one guildmate or friend or w/e managed to get his legendary, with guild effort, instead of being selfish about it.
    pretty sure melee care that they wont even compete with casters anymore.

---------- Post added 2011-08-27 at 03:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pshaw View Post
    While not a DPS increase tanks were using Thunderfury to tank kara because the proc was that worthwhile for threat. So right there you have a legendary that went through 3-4 tiers of later content.

Your worry is also unfounded. If your guild is going to farm enough legendary staves for every caster then you might have a reason to worry but realisticly if 1-2 casters in your guild are getting spots every raid over melee it's not the end of the world. In truth if they got picked to get the staff they probably were coming to every raid anyway.
    my major concern is the melee viability. as i said, casters were beating most melee as is before the legendary, now we cant even compete.

Forget Guac, look at that enhancement shaman in their parses. What a stud.

You shouldn't be able to compete with a legendary

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    You shouldn't be able to compete with a legendary
    bc warlocks and hunters
    icc fire mages

would like words with you.

this is why we cant have nice things.

Proof that warglaives and shadowmourne weren't 20+% increases in dps?

That's true. If I spend 2 months (4 on 10 man) getting an item that only a limited number of people can get why should other classes (or even the same class for that matter) without that advantage be able to pull the same numbers. If they could I wouldn't bother putting all the time (and passing on other gear) to obtain such an item.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    That's true. If I spend 2 months (4 on 10 man) getting an item that only a limited number of people can get why should other classes (or even the same class for that matter) without that advantage be able to pull the same numbers. If they could I wouldn't bother putting all the time (and passing on other gear) to obtain such an item.
    because they helped you get it for one? because thats what happened with warglaives and shadowmourne?

Just checked WoL. Saw a bunch of mages doing over 100k dps. See how only looking briefly can make it look obscene? Also, troll?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    ^^ This is the truth.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

You say it like every caster in your raid will have a legendary. Yes, you will not be able to compete with a caster with the legendary, but saying melee can not compete with casters because there is a legendary for them is retarded. Casters will not be taken over melee, but casters with the legendary will. If your in a 25 man guild, you prob will have 3 casters with the legendary mid-way through 4.3, and if your in a 10 man, more than likely only one. So it's not like you are gonna lose your spot because of this.