Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    ^^ This is the truth.
    yeah because you know, 24 (or 9) other people didnt help at all. because you know. warlocks nad hunters in bc werent competitive with warglaive rogues/warriors.
    because firemages didnt rock it out in ICC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    because they helped you get it for one? because thats what happened with warglaives and shadowmourne?
    Now, I don't see your point.
    You say that every melee should do the same damage as a ranged with a Legendary, because they helped him to get his Legendary?
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

show me another legendary that was ballparked around a 25% dps increase. also, while your at it, show me another legendary where people without legendaries couldnt even get close to those with legendaries?
    Warglaives? - Hunters/Warlocks; Shadowmourne? Fire Mages.
    Uhm, first off it's not a 25% increase. Second, there's not a single legendary dps weapon that didn't make you do insane amounts more damage than other members or your class. Having both Warglaives was probably the most drastic case of this. Shadowmourne procs were amazing, mostly in PvP though.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

because they helped you get it for one?
    So it's about the raid as a whole instead of the individual?

at least now we'll get a new legendary every 2.5 weeks or so.

25% dps gain for everybody, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Now, I don't see your point.
    You say that every melee should do the same damage as a ranged with a Legendary, because they helped him to get his Legendary?
    no, im sayingthey should be COMPETITIVE.

bc warlocks and hunters
    icc fire mages

would like words with you.
    ICC? That raid where practically every boss favored ranged by miles? Obviously mages would do well there. Fury warriors with shadowmourne still out performed those mages, especially when you stack buffs on them (tricks, hysteria, so on).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superficial View Post
    at least now we'll get a new legendary every 2.5 weeks or so.

25% dps gain for everybody, right?
    actually considering you can start the next step of the questline after the person in front of you finishes it, it has b een ballparked at roughly 3 weeks for each legendary in teh guild after the first.

Yes they helped you get it. The final outcome of a legendary is that the boss dies quicker and easier. This means faster loot for all. This means everyone benefits from the staff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    So it's about the raid as a whole instead of the individual?
    no, im saying that melee should at least be competitive. that wont be the case for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethorian View Post
    If i recall well, not in ICC, but on Halion the average raid dps was around the 12-15ks while the shadowmourne would be running around 16k-19k.
    I do not know how it was in average, but as I was the "2nd" fury warrior in my (old inactive) 25man guild, I could keep in about 1-1,5k dps behind the one who had shadowmourne, and just a little better gear in overall. He could sometimes get over 20k while my best was being over 18k in Saurfang with those 277 ilvl maces, so I can't really say that It was "that" good (plus he had the tricks from rogues). The aoe did help on inflating the numbers on some fights though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because back in the days when you dual wield both Warglaives, anyone could compete with you.
    If you say it's not truth, then you didn't play the same game as me or you had a bad player with the Legendaries.

Also, you must consider that guilds with legendaries are taking full advantage of it. For example, Baleroc they're using Tricks/PI on the player with Legendary to push higher numbers. They're not going for the shards as well. They're standing still and nuking the boss (like Patchwerk). While everyone else are doing their normal stuff.

Then a legendary wouldn't really be a legendary would it?

I honestly dont see the problem with someone in your raid doing more damage, it means bosses will be downed easier, meaning more progression. But all people care about is meters

Player A: Haha did you see my dps on the boss that attempt?

Player B: No one cares, we wiped.

Deleted
    Why should you be? Its a legendary. Its a be-all end-all weapon that takes months to complete and actual effort to obtain. It requires the efforts of 9/24 other players for a single person to get one. Did I mention it's a legendary?

Legendaries are meant to be powerful so no, if your a melee dps in a tier which introduces a caster legendary, you shouldn't expect to be neck and neck with a caster who has it. If you could do the same dps as a caster in similar gear but with that weapon, then the weapon obviously isn't powerful enough and should be an epic, not a legendary.

Your other arguments are invalid. The staff isn't a 20% increase in dps (and no, a single log comparison or even 25, is not enough to say it is) and neither were the other legendaries, but they were pretty damn close. Did you see warriors/dk's with Shadowmourne in ICC? Almost no one could touch their dps and in PvP most classes just bent over and accepted the beating they were about to take. Same thing happened with Glaives in TBC. Considering this is the first legendary casters have had since Atiesh and melee dps have had two rounds of "super powerful legendary fun", I'd say it's pretty fair and balanced.

Small note. Not every caster will have it by next patch and melee wil still be competitive
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2011-08-27 at 03:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because back in the days when you dual wield both Warglaives, anyone could compete with you.
    If you say it's not truth, then you didn't play the same game as me or you had a bad player with the Legendaries.

Also, you must consider that guilds with legendaries are taking full advantage of it. For example, Baleroc they're using Tricks/PI on the player with Legendary to push higher numbers. They're not going for the shards as well. They're standing still and nuking the boss (like Patchwerk). While everyone else are doing their normal stuff.
    warlocks and hunters could compete with glaive rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah because you know, 24 (or 9) other people didnt help at all.
    Just quoting another thing for you.

As this task requires the dedication of an entire guild, upon completion of the staff all guild members will receive a unique non-combat pet to call their own.
    Have fun, you've your reward from helping him to get his staff.

Then a legendary wouldn't really be a legendary would it?

I honestly dont see the problem with someone in your raid doing more damage, it means bosses will be downed easier, meaning more progression. But all people care about is meters

Player A: Haha did you see my dps on the boss that attempt?

Player B: No one cares, we wiped.
    ^This^ Ok done arguing with someone who doesn't understand. I will leave it to the MMO community to continue to prove him wrong. Now back to Deus Ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    I do not know how it was in average, but as I was the "2nd" fury warrior in my (old inactive) 25man guild, I could keep in about 1-1,5k dps behind the one who had shadowmourne, and just a little better gear in overall. He could sometimes get over 20k while my best was being over 18k in Saurfang with those 277 ilvl maces, so I can't really say that It was "that" good (plus he had the tricks from rogues). The aoe did help on inflating the numbers on some fights though!
    depends of the time you were talking about. Cata patch launched changing mastery came up lot's os classes and specs changed places cause their coefficients were set to 85. For example frost dk and feral druid dps went through the roof. Ret paladins and rogues lost dps. I don't recall warrior situation on this but i was told it was the best class to give SM cause it would scale better

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Why should you be? Its a legendary. Its a be-all end-all weapon that takes months to complete and actual effort to obtain. It requires the efforts of 9/24 other players for a single person to get one. Did I mention it's a legendary?

Legendaries are meant to be powerful so no, if your a melee dps in a tier which introduces a caster legendary, you shouldn't expect to be neck and neck with a caster who has it. If you could do the same dps as a caster in similer gear but with that weapon, then the weapon obviously isn't powerful enough and should be an epic, not a legendary.

Your other arguments are invalid. The staff isn't a 20% increase in dps (and no, a single log comparison or even 25, is not enough to say it is) and neither were the other legendaries, but they were pretty damn close. Did you see warriors/dk's with Shadowmourne in ICC? Almost no one could touch their dps and in PvP most classes just bent over and accepted the beating they were about to take. Same thing happened with Glaives in TBC. Considering this is the first legendary casters have had since Atiesh and melee dps have had two rounds of "super powerful legendary fun", I'd say it's pretty fair and balanced.
    fire mages competed with shadowmourne users. hunters and locks competed with warglaive users. yes, there meant to be powerful, that said, melee havent had a lot of ups in this entire expansion yet (case in point, just how god awful was T11) and now we are relegated to second best period for the entire expac.

Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    it was already explained in the 2nd post..

he was fed buffs and was standing still turreting with good shard spawn rng
    You're implying the previous parses weren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15