Cool 2v2 Resto Shaman and Feral Druid

Hello.

Me and my 2s m8(Feral) are doing 1670 arena rating 2v2, We really strugle with DK/resto druid/priest.
    I would like if someone made a list of strategy what is up to date, against each certain teams
    I and a lot of others would appreciate it Thanks.

I'm not going to go over exact strats, but Feral Druid/Healer is a really easy comp to play as. Resto Shamans aren't the best, you'd want a Paladin or Disc.

But anyways, basically just hump the pillar/box as best you can and only come out to dispel. Make sure you're always keeping that druid out of CCs. Make use of Wind Shear, grounding, LoS, ect to avoid CCs on yourself. A good way to set up kills is to instant cyclone followed by a Hex and then the druid could even Bash if he wanted. Just keep that up and the constant pressure from the CC and damage will eventually OOM the healer. The druid shouldn't really need to peel that much for you, since Resto shamans can easily deal with that on their own. Versus a DPS/DPS team you should be defensive. You can out last them, so don't worry about killing them in the opener, or w/e. Once you see that the DPS have used their CDs, CC chain one of them and go on the other. You can afford to not be defensive, since without their CDs they can't really put out enough burst.

---------- Post added 2011-08-27 at 05:06 AM ----------

Oh and also. For resto druids, just tunnel the druid. Do a bunch of a quick switches so he loses mana fast from the Lifeblooms. Once he blows treeform, just wait it out and then burst him down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I'm not going to go over exact strats, but Feral Druid/Healer is a really easy comp to play as. Resto Shamans aren't the best, you'd want a Paladin or Disc.
    I'm not quite sure what game you're playing, but Resto Shamans are the de facto no.1 choice. While Disc Priests are a very viable companion, Feral / Pala is an exercise in frustration if you meet another healer / dps as the Pala has pretty much 0 offensive skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I'm not quite sure what game you're playing, but Resto Shamans are the de facto no.1 choice. While Disc Priests are a very viable companion, Feral / Pala is an exercise in frustration if you meet another healer / dps as the Pala has pretty much 0 offensive skills.
    For Feral/Healer they aren't the best.

As for Paladins I may be wrong. I'm not sure how well they do in 2s, but I know they're great for melee in 3s.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't 3s.

You want a healer that can assist with the kill. Priests can be very offensive with Mana Burn / Fear / Mind Control. Shamans can assist with Purging and hexing, as well as shocking. Paladins got bugger all and RDruids just means more overlap on your CC DR.

//edit: As for the DK/Healer team, is it Frost DK or Unholy DK you're struggling with?

Deleted
    Ferals should be able to train dks pretty hard, for drudis just make quick swaps, and always shear the heals.

if its a dk/resto druid, just tunnel the druid, instant cyclone him when his lifeblooms are about to fall off and u should have no problems getting him killed. if this doesnt work for you, switch alot between them with bleeds and instant cyclones so he cant handle the pressure or goes oom.

dk/priest, cc the dk, go for the priest, let ur sham help with purges, shocks to get a easy kill, a priest without a shield is just free cat food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    [....]oh and also. For resto druids, just tunnel the druid. Do a bunch of a quick switches so he loses mana fast from the Lifeblooms. Once he blows treeform, just wait it out and then burst him down.
    No resto druid loses any mana on casting lifeblooms. But time factor is the annoying bit.

RONG WHIT DOG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    This isn't 3s.

You want a healer that can assist with the kill. Priests can be very offensive with Mana Burn / Fear / Mind Control. Shamans can assist with Purging and hexing, as well as shocking. Paladins got bugger all and RDruids just means more overlap on your CC DR.

//edit: As for the DK/Healer team, is it Frost DK or Unholy DK you're struggling with?
    Yeah paladins preventing healers or dps from critting with heals or attacks is bugger all and having the fastest cast dps ability with spamable exo isnt that bad either.

OT though pala or priest is best for the comp, also i believe pounce and hoj dont share dr, not a big deal but getting a 9-10 stun at the start can add a lot of pressure to the opener.

As for druid/dk the best way to get pressure rolling vs druids is to switch on rips forcing him to choose who has the blooms and make him waste a lot of mana using regrowth/rejuv on the other target, Also get your druid to cyclone the enemy lifeblooms when there is 2 secs left to stop the bloom effect and watch the pressure mount on the druid.

as for druid/priest i think stopping mana burns should be number 1 prio just make sure you dont overlap kick and shock grounding call out who is interrupting next burn and with what, between grounding/kick/maim/shock that shouldnt be too much of a problem and i guess putting your feral on the priest would be the best option and using feral instants on cloning/hibernating/rooting enemy feral, try and get the hibernates and roots after maiming the priest so they are not insta dispelled and allowing your shaman to heal up.
    Last edited by mmocac5f0b3659; 2011-08-27 at 09:45 AM. Reason: breaking up the wall of text

Thanks, we'll try it out.

Its mostly Frost, I aint sure what spec there is wich are spamming necrotic strike. If not both?

---------- Post added 2011-08-28 at 06:36 AM ----------

Alrighty we did - 1660 rating today, with 26-7

Against Resto Shaman / affli lock - go for lock and cc shaman?
    Ill dIspell fear and hex? Noone of the dots?

Ye its Priest/Frost DK what are the problems ^^

---------- Post added 2011-08-28 at 03:00 PM ----------

Ok, now we are at 1740 rating. - DK/Resto Shaman, - just tunnel the DK right?