i5 2500k
    560ti hawk 950
    gskill 1600 cl9 1.5v
    asus p8p67 rev 3.0
    wd caviar black sata 3 500gb
    CM 212+

results so far :

4.0 stable with 1.12 vcore -> max temp (prime95 for 60 mins ) 52
    4.4 stable with 1.25 vcore ( didn't try lowering it ) -> max temp under prime 63
    room temp is very high . Outside is around 36-37 celsius
    and here should be around 34-35ish .

3dmark11

4.0 -> 5040
    4.4 -> 5090

what do you guys think about 3dmark scores ? i think they should be ok.

main question :

i readed around about this new cpu oc'ing and i came out with these settings :
    overclocking made by changing only turbo multiplyer ( 4.0 -> 40x on ALL cores , 4.5 -> 45x .. etc )
    CPU RATIO left on auto
    bclk 100
    Cpu spread spectrum disabled
    Pll overvoltage disabled
    vrm spread spectrum disabled
    LLC left on Auto

ram manually set to match the g.skill specs. ( 1.5v 1600 cl9 etc )

is everything correct ?
    should i change any of the above settings ?

I have the same motherboard and cpu. I just let it do the voltage on auto and just changed the multiplier, worked great.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    Looks good to me. If it's stable, it's stable. However, the mistake many new overclockers do is run Prime95 for 30 minutes with the conclusion that it's "stable". Many recommend different things, but my advise is to run Prime95 for 50% of your maximum gaming/work session. Say you game for 6 hours, have Prime95 run for at least 3. And I mean that as a absolutely lowest time for stability checking. If you want to be absolutely sure, have it running for 5 hours at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a different mobo but same CPU and was able to adjust to 4.7 with just the multiplier letting the bios auto-tune the voltages and of course setting the Ram since it wanted to default to 1.5v 1333 and I'm using 1.25v 1600. Ran prime95 8 hours w/o a hitch (I have been known to have a 16 hour gaming sessions from time to time).

Honestly, you are increasing the CPU voltage and putting it under significant thermal stress for ~50 3dmark11s? What does that bring yo in real-life gaming performance, 0.5-2 fps or something? Is such overclock even meaningful? When I still used to build my own PCs, I would overclock them till they reach a performance sweet-spot. After that, the OC does not scale lineary (you have to OC much more to get minimal performance gains). I think its pointless to go past that, because all you get is a similarly-performing machine wich significantly increased power consumption and (potentially) higher probability of failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, but everyone likes bigger numbers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    Honestly, you are increasing the CPU voltage and putting it under significant thermal stress for ~50 3dmark11s? What does that bring yo in real-life gaming performance, 0.5-2 fps or something? Is such overclock even meaningful? When I still used to build my own PCs, I would overclock them till they reach a performance sweet-spot. After that, the OC does not scale lineary (you have to OC much more to get minimal performance gains). I think its pointless to go past that, because all you get is a similarly-performing machine wich significantly increased power consumption and (potentially) higher probability of failure.
    63C is far from thermal stress, and the cpu won't ever even get there in 99% of things you do with your pc.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Deleted
    well i'm actually sitting at 4.0 i'll move it up to 4.5 when the room temp gets a bit lower :P
    by the way , from stock clock ( 3.7 with turbo ) to 4.0 , so a 300 increase
    i gained 30-40 MAX fps on wow . ( it's MAX , i mean that let's say i was having 350 in an empty zone , it went up to 380-390 , same zone..)
    i read somewhere that past 4.0 overclock doesn't scale linearly..

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I have noticed the same thing with a small overclock and leaving everything on auto. For example I am trying to find my max OC at the moment for my chip, but I can run 24/7 with doing nothing but changing the multiplier to 44 and leaving everything everything else at auto. 45 is the point where I have to actually start changing things on my chip. So it is worth trying sometimes when you are doing a small overclock I think. My temps do not change too much from what they were before and even under load they are still not even breaking 53 degrees, so not a bad way to go without having to change a ton of stuff in bios.
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?