Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Ragnaros 25 Class Representation and DPS(e)/HPS(e) Rankings

I've been working on this project since the first 10 public logs of kills. I update it daily and sometimes more than once per day as new logs come about. I have seen some private logs, but only snapshots of them so I did not include them in the data.

Sample Size: 46 Logs; Ordered by: AVG DPS(e)/AVG HPS(e)

Other Statistics:
    # of Melee brought: AVG - 7.70; MAX - 11; Min - 6;
    # of healers brought: AVG - 3.87; MAX - 5; Min - 3;
    # of tanks: 2
    # of ranged brought: AVG - 11.43; MAX - 14; Min 8;

Current Records (Public logs only):
    Blood Legion first and only guild to use fire mage.
    Paragon first guild to use survival hunter.
    Paragon first guild to stack most ranged dps (14).
    Apex first guild to not use a Combat Rogue.
    Vigil first and only guild to use a frost mage.
    Inner Sanctum first guild to use an ARMS warrior.
    Method only guild to use 5 healers.
    Enigma only guild to not use a mage.
    Method with the slowest kill (17min 6sec).
    Blood Legion with the fastest kill (13min 50sec).
    Inner Sanctum for most melee stacked (11).
    Inner Sanctum for least ranged stacked (8).

I suppose with DPS bot now tracking some of these kills this project is no longer useful, so releasing the data to the public now.
    EDIT: If your class' spec isn't located in the chart, then that means there are 0 public logs of you. YES I know Exodus used a BM Hunter and his dps numbers are available.

Changelog
    8-30-11 12:21AM EDT: Added Immersion's 2nd kill, Slash Cry's 2nd kill, For the Horde's 3rd Kill, and Inner Sanctum's 3rd kill data.
    8-27-11 3:52PM EDT: Added Blood Legion's August 23rd kill log data (thanks nadrii)
    Last edited by coolflame; 2011-08-30 at 04:22 AM.

interesting list indeed

surprised to see so few bears and blood dk
    Last edited by msbxghost; 2011-08-27 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    I'm surprised to see that affliction warlocks perform on average better than shadowpriests. Especially when you see that they can push up to 40k dps.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nadrii View Post
    Oh I somehow missed their log for that week, and yes, last log I have from them was on the 17th. Will update. Thanks for catching that.

That happens cause WoL had crappy tracking of kills and so I ignored many "kill" (EDIT: They were actually wipes but because they passed the certain damage done mark, around 471mil or so, they were marked as kills even though the "Ragnaros has died" wasn't in the log) logs and just went by dates. I didn't check the wipe logs again. WoL had an update this morning and now Blood Legion's wipe was moved to the kill logs.

EDIT2:
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxion View Post
    I'm surprised to see that affliction warlocks perform on average better than shadowpriests. Especially when you see that they can push up to 40k dps.
    Also that shadow priest that did almost 40k, he had the legendary staff. So expect to also see inflated numbers of spell caster dps in the upcoming kills.
    Last edited by coolflame; 2011-08-27 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    Interesting read indeed.

Deleted
    Im totally suprised that mutilate rogues perform better then combat on avg. And their sample size is like 6 times smaller. Suprised by the frost mage also.. Seems viable to me
    Last edited by mmoc12d9684606; 2011-08-27 at 09:05 PM.

Not very useful for any sort of analysis.

Hooray for mages :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soepballetje View Post
    Im totally suprised that mutilate rogues perform better then combat on avg. And their sample size is like 6 times smaller. Suprised by the frost mage also.. Seems viable to me
    As a combat rogue I have one word to say "Barely" But I am glad that they have evened out rogues in all specs to perform just as viable

This analysis doesnt know who played firefighter I know for a fact atleast 1-2 guild that dont have 3 boomkins use a rogue as firefight due to sprint. vigil for example had killers doing it on there stream So it maybe that of the guilds that killed it some used combat rogues making them do no dps in p4 Look at lowest dps for combat being 5k lower than assasination makes me think this is whats affecting it.

firefighting is also why you see boomkins average dps at 22k whell there max is 32k. cause most guilds boomkins can do nothing more than dot the boss in p4 whell firefighting.

To expand on my previous post: The reason this list is useless is because it does not factor in raid utility nor does it factor in dps during the actual dps check phases. If anything looking at the class representation. However anyone who has any experience on H Rag wouldn't need this to know which classes/specs and why said classes/specs are useful.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    To expand on my previous post: The reason this list is useless is because it does not factor in raid utility nor does it factor in dps during the actual dps check phases. If anything looking at the class representation. However anyone who has any experience on H Rag wouldn't need this to know which classes/specs and why said classes/specs are useful.
    The list is fine. As with any statistics, you gotta know how to read it, and avoid drawing faulty conclusions.

42 data sets, rng fight including roots, patches, classes that can aoe for aoes strats people on dreadflame duty and meteor kiting. Absolutely nothing doesn't even begin to describe what i can conclude with this information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxion View Post
    It might have something to do with a lot of the spriests on those logs being healers that went off-spec. I mean look at the spread, the max DPS for spriests is 39k and the minimum is 17k, I don't think any full time DPS would actually do as low as 17k. If you look at the max DPS (ie: the best of the actual DPSers) spriests beat out locks by about 7k.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    It might have something to do with a lot of the spriests on those logs being healers that went off-spec. I mean look at the spread, the max DPS for spriests is 39k and the minimum is 17k, I don't think any full time DPS would actually do as low as 17k. If you look at the max DPS (ie: the best of the actual DPSers) spriests beat out locks by about 7k.
    The 39k spriest is an outlier by about 8k dps. Most of the low dps is caused by deaths (how can I tell? Well their DPS is high, but DPS(e) low)...

EDIT: Many of the shadow priests had a disc offspec (at least of the guilds that I could not find logs of but had armory to track their members). I have every first kill tracked, but I only logged the healers of that group and did not include any of the non-public log info into this chart.
    Last edited by coolflame; 2011-08-28 at 06:03 PM.

Im totally suprised that mutilate rogues perform better then combat on avg. And their sample size is like 6 times smaller.
    Can combat use killing spree on that fight? If not that might be why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirona View Post
    Can combat use killing spree on that fight? If not that might be why.
    I don't think they can on Rag, will put them in the middle of him.

You certainly can...

Deleted
    I like the number of Shadow priests, but it also tells me i have to be better at my min maxing.