Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Rhyolith HC with Two Healers?

Well my guild were having a bit of bother pushing Rhyolith into phase two without getting superheated. We've tried everything with 3 healers, we only have an elemental shaman so knockbacks are sparse, I glyphed holy wrath as did our prot tank to help with controlling the adds. (even if it did make healing hectic because of movement the progress afterwards was considerably noticeable).

Question is, would it be worth going boomkin for him to demolish the adds leaving me and our disc priest to heal it by ourselves? Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

Here's our WoL for any suggestions you can make

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand, it should be two healed unless your DPS are just crazy good. Otherwise you'll run into the problem you're having now.

If it makes you feel better: I was two-healing it with a disc priest on our attempts, and it was hectic, but certainly doable, especially if you get your druids helping out with a Tranq here or there.

Deleted
    You shouldn't swap your resto druid, they're godlike on rhylith, heck the really good ones can solo heal it. but using 2 healers is pretty much the way to go.

i healed it with a disc priest it should work

---------- Post added 2011-08-27 at 01:26 PM ----------

we( holy pally disc priest) 2 healed every heroic except shannox majordomo and spider boss

10+ Year Old Account
    I just reviewed your logs and your DPS is really low. You have 4 of your DPS under 15k. And your warrior at 10K? Was he afk?

With all due respect, I see you have a hunter in here and they should be just wrecking this fight as Survival, not sitting below your prot paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    I just reviewed your logs and your DPS is really low. You have 4 of your DPS under 15k. And your warrior at 10K? Was he afk?

With all due respect, I see you have a hunter in here and they should be just wrecking this fight as Survival, not sitting below your prot paladin.
    It's fine I can take critcism so don't hold back on that front, I'll be sure to pass it on so thanks Warrior's usual spec is prot I don't think he's great at DPS, his gear is horrid from what I can remember.

2 healed it on normal with undergeared alts had a disc and a holy priest which is obviously far from optimal aswell, I would imagen that its very simply 2 healed even on HC if the healers actualy know what they are doign
    N

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    It's fine I can take critcism so don't hold back on that front, I'll be sure to pass it on so thanks Warrior's usual spec is prot I don't think he's great at DPS, his gear is horrid from what I can remember.
    To be frank, 10K isn't great by Wrath standards. :P

From my experience with the fight, you NEED to get all of your DPS at top performance. We had no one under 16K and we still couldn't push him before Superheated, and this was with two healing it. 4 DPS sub-15K is not going to fly in my opinion.

As far as the hunter goes, don't let him give you "but I don't know Survival" as an excuse. I had no idea wtf I was doing as Survival, brand new keybinds, no glyphs, at 350 item level, and still pushed over 17K DPS on Beth'tilac just killing spiderlings by spamming Multi-Shot. :P If he likes doing damage, he wants to be Survival here.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-08-27 at 08:44 PM.

I 2 healed in on my Druid with A Holy pally just fine.. didn't have mana issues or anything, DPS just have to avoid lava lines.

Hi, Rhyolith, damage on legs is reduced throughout most of the fight, of course DPS is going to be low, adur.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Higuraki View Post
    Hi, Rhyolith, damage on legs is reduced throughout most of the fight, of course DPS is going to be low, adur.
    I believe he means relatively low for the fight, thanks for the tips guys I'll be sure to pass on the knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Higuraki View Post
    Thanks for your constructive post. Did you register just for this?

Superheated basically makes the fight a DPS check. Consider also that you have all these characters sub-15K and then there's one that's 10K. So you're saying that the armor is just gimping this one player? I don't think so. OP also specifically said that this is the player's OS, so it's reasonable to assume that they expected his DPS to be lower than the other players.

Besides, the hunter should be on the adds anyway, and obviously is since he's spamming Multi-Shot. So maybe you should think before you post?

Edit: OP, here's my friend's log for the DPS for their kill. Aim for this.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=5514&e=5837
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-08-27 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for your constructive post. Did you register just for this?

Superheated basically makes the fight a DPS check. Consider also that you have all these characters sub-15K and then there's one that's 10K. So you're saying that the armor is just gimping this one player? I don't think so. OP specifically said that this is the player's OS.

Besides, the hunter should be on the adds anyway, and obviously is since he's spamming Multi-Shot. So maybe you should think before you post?
    He registered in april, lurker methinks. Anyway, is survival a big help on this fight as much as fire mages are on alysrazor? IIRC our hunter is MM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    He registered in april, lurker methinks. Anyway, is survival a big help on this fight as much as fire mages are on alysrazor? IIRC our hunter is MM.
    Yes, your hunter is MM.

Serpent Spread contributes to a huge amount of damage. That, and lower trap CD means more frost traps he can fling at oozes (and more fire traps on adds). Notice my friend's kill has the hunter as MM, but keep in mind that we're trying to squeeze out every bit of DPS we can here to get you the kill. He's definitely going to kill adds faster, imo, as Survival. And the faster you kill adds, the more DPS you can spare for legs, which might be what can push you over the edge to get him to transition before Superheated.

Every bit adds up.

Oh: also keep in mind survival and MM gear about the same from what I understand from EJ and other sources, so tell him not to worry about that. Even if the gear is suboptimal, I firmly believe your hunter will be doing way better on this particular fight as Survival.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-08-27 at 09:10 PM.

We did it with two heals and one tank. A Ret paladin, thats me, was taking the fragments.

To be honest, if the drivers do their job well, the damage can be so minimal. If people avoid the lava lines, even with a few mistakes, its quite easy to 2 heal the first phase.

Also, to respond to the DPS concerns, if they are 3 healing, that means people are doing miniscule damage on the legs for far longer than a guild who 2 heals, so you should expect everyone's numbers to be lower.

Yes, your hunter is MM.

Serpent Spread contributes to a huge amount of damage. That, and lower trap CD means more frost traps he can fling at oozes (and more fire traps on adds). Notice my friend's kill has the hunter as MM, but keep in mind that we're trying to squeeze out every bit of DPS we can here to get you the kill. He's definitely going to kill adds faster, imo, as Survival. And the faster you kill adds, the more DPS you can spare for legs, which might be what can push you over the edge to get him to transition before Superheated.

Every bit adds up.

Oh: also keep in mind survival and MM gear about the same from what I understand from EJ and other sources, so tell him not to worry about that. Even if the gear is suboptimal, I firmly believe your hunter will be doing way better on this particular fight as Survival.
    its not a dps race, its all about being efficient and hitting the right volcanos. which will obviously result in a dps increase.

not a dps race

execution fight.
    N

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    its not a dps race, its all about being efficient and hitting the right volcanos. which will obviously result in a dps increase.

not a dps race

execution fight.
    I'd argue that it's a bit of both, to be frank. While yes, you're going to wipe if you don't handle the volcanoes correctly, you're also going to fail if he becomes Superheated before pushing him into phase 2 (5 minutes into the fight). You're also going to fail if you don't DPS the adds hard enough because of Meltdown. So, there is a strong DPS race component to it as well as execution.

Quote Originally Posted by natijs4 View Post
    Also, to respond to the DPS concerns, if they are 3 healing, that means people are doing miniscule damage on the legs for far longer than a guild who 2 heals, so you should expect everyone's numbers to be lower.
    Unless I missed your point, I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. It's not like more DPS on the legs is going to make him run faster or make the armor stacks fall off faster. He walks over volcanoes at the rate he walks.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-08-28 at 12:41 AM.

We have raid DPS similar or even some higher than yours (checked Baleroc), and 2-healing Rhyolith was the only way to win for us. Yeah, we had ~30% on superheated with 3 heals once, but it wasn't close to kill anyway. Other point is that I heal it on my druid with pally. Our holy priest went to shadow, with reforged healing gear and it was his first raid boss kill in dps role ever. Not sure if disc + pally is a good idea, P2 is crazy raid damage. Also, 15+ (10+?) eruption stacks on raid may be almost unhealable with 2 heals, but it's all about RNG and drivers.

2 heal all heroic fights in firelands bar bethtillac ! fast kills are the way to go

we rock disc/hpal on most fights cause its just a godly combo