Resto shaman pvp help!

Hello MMO community! I recently got kicked out of a 3's team just this morning. At first I thought to myself they might have kicked me because I wasn't online for a week ( Hurricane Irene hit where I live btw). So I messaged the team leader and he told me that he kicked me from the arena team because I wasn't gemmed nor enchanted correctly. So I tell him that I have asked many resto shamans including gladiator shamans and they have all told me that I'm gemmed correctly and the only thing I need is to be enchanted. I also die rather quickly when 2 dps are on me. I can easily heal myself with only one dps on me but when there are two on me I have a hard time healing myself. So I ask you Resto shamans out there am I gemmed correctly and also what enchants should I get for each of my slots. and was my leader a douche by kicking me when our record was 14-3 just because I wasn't gemmed/enchanted correctly. Thx in advance! and since I cant post any links yet I would appreciate if anyone could link it for me! My name is Vaain in Kel'thuzad. Thx again!

First things first red gem sockets are 20 intellect 20 resil yellow is 40 resil or 20 int 20 resil depending on your current resil level. Blue are 20 int 20 spirit I don't know who told you to grab 20 resil 30 stam. The second thing you are missing is 4% hit which is crucial for Frost shocks, windshears, and hex. Third grab the ele legs they have a better secondary stat on them than restos set. Fourth your spec is wrong, Focused Insight has not been a great talent to use anymore. Just look at my 0/9/31 spec on my armory name is Laylie on Gorefiend. Fix those and you should be golden.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    First things first red gem sockets are 20 intellect 20 resil yellow is 40 resil or 20 int 20 resil depending on your current resil level. Blue are 20 int 20 spirit I don't know who told you to grab 20 resil 30 stam. The second thing you are missing is 4% hit which is crucial for Frost shocks, windshears, and hex. Third grab the ele legs they have a better secondary stat on them than restos set. Fourth your spec is wrong, Focused Insight has not been a great talent to use anymore. Just look at my 0/9/31 spec on my armory name is Laylie on Gorefiend. Fix those and you should be golden.
    Red should be 40 int. You should have enough Resil from gear alone.

To add: he's also missing Spell Pen.

And one last thing: if you need peels and your team mates are not peeling for you, then they obviously are not good team mates and you should be happy you aren't playing with them anymore.
    Last edited by Yotei; 2011-08-28 at 05:55 AM.

You need your hit cap of 4%, you should have about 200 spell pen. As far as gems, it depends on your play style. If you feel like you receive a ton of pressure when you are being targeted, go red: 20int/20resil, yellow: 40resil, blue: 20int/20spirit or 20int/20hit.. If you feel you don't take a ton of damage and what not, go red: 40int, yellow: 20int/20resil, blue: 20int/20spirit or 20int/20hit.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you get the spell pen Vicious (or Ruthless) cape you'll be set for spell pen. :P don't gem it or anything.

I have a question of ur spec. why would you add 2 talent points to soothing rains? I dont use healing rain in arenas, nor do I use healing stream totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaain View Post
    I have a question of ur spec. why would you add 2 talent points to soothing rains? I dont use healing rain in arenas, nor do I use healing stream totem.
    Well healing stream totem ticks for 1500-1700 when you have soothing rains, which is a constant small heal. It can help very much in long arena matches and there is really a necessity for the other water totems. you might as well just keep HST up unless you need Mana tide totem or something. Mana Spring is can help occasionaly but it depends on your comp. If your with a pally its utterly useless because blessing of might does it already. Another reason to take those points are for rated battlegrounds. If you ever run rated bgs, soothing rains will help a lot. HST has huge range with totemic reach so its very helpful in battlegrounds.