Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Solo heal Chimaeron

So Ive been looking to see if anyone has solo healed this thing and so far havnt found anything. Does anyone know if this has been solo healed or if its possible without a 400 ilvl? Im trying to figure out how to handle Massacre. I would have to heal 10 people above 10K in about 5 sec not to mention the double attack tank. Any advice or thoughts?

it would help if you told us what class you were

What's your class?

I won't say it can't be done, cause i've solo healed Nefarian's phase 1 and 3, but it's definitely not easy in that fight.
    Holy paly's might just be able to pull it of, however it will be very mana costly.

Deleted
    If you are talking about normal 10 then np, my warrior alt can solo tank this boss after the nerfs, it's a joke.

I've solo healed it as a 372 druid, with only one tank eating both Break and DA; it's definitely doable, although you have to save all your CDs for Feud (or you can ask for Radiances, Healing Rains, etc). Other classes may be able to pull it off as well, although it's gonna be rather demanding (aka fun :3).

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In terms for normal? Yeah it can be solo'd heal easily depending on your tanks and such

It's incredibly easy as a shaman in 10 man, healing rain can reach almost everyone if you stack it right.
    It's your 15 bucks and you can do what you want, but it's our 60 bucks and we think you're an idiot. That's your answer. Do whatever the hell you want to do when you're alone, but in a group setting you're expected to at least ATTEMPT to play your class correctly.

Maybe a really well geared druid with the regrowth glyph (regrowth refresh it's duration if target is below 50% hp). Dunno how often it ticks tho.

Deleted
    Good geared / skilled Holy Priest / Resto druid, i wouldn't hold my breath for any other class.

Deleted
    If your group is well geared the healing part will only be about a minute long, meaning that for the majority of the time you will have heroism making healing significantly easier. I could easily see any healer pull this off if the dps was good.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-08-28 at 12:06 PM.

Yeah sorry I meant to write that but Im a shammy

I know healing rain can help with the bot is down after massacre but when the bot is still up and massacre happens I would have to bring all 10 people up including tanks pretty fast. I doubt we can have all the dps stack close enough for healing rain without being too close for the slime.
    Last edited by Junipur; 2011-08-28 at 03:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why in 5 seconds? Doesn't the slime after Massacre have a cooldown of 15 seconds?

Im actually not sure but Ive been talking with my Raid leader about it and he said I would have to do that in 5 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorial View Post
    What's your class?

I won't say it can't be done, cause i've solo healed Nefarian's phase 1 and 3, but it's definitely not easy in that fight.
    Holy paly's might just be able to pull it of, however it will be very mana costly.
    just curious, what did you do on phase 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    If you are talking about normal 10 then np, my warrior alt can solo tank this boss after the nerfs, it's a joke.
    it was solo tankable on 10 normal before nerfs....

I solo healed it on my druid a bit over a month ago, but apparently I haven't posted enough to post links yet.

I ended up letting one person die because I thought I had thrown a rejuv on them but apparently didn't. :/ The change to critical heals makes it much easier to solo heal it though -- a rejuv tick critting for me is just under 10k alone, so between those and wild growth people go above 10 in time. Keep all hots rolling on the tank, toss a few heals after double attack to top him off and keep mastery going. Then just tranquility the feud, and since it was normal as opposed to heroic, topping people off afterwards didn't matter.

On normal, sure. On heroic, not so much. Either way, is there any reason to do so when you're almost certainly bringing at least 2 healers to get to the fight in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by BeingRepressed View Post
    On normal, sure. On heroic, not so much. Either way, is there any reason to do so when you're almost certainly bringing at least 2 healers to get to the fight in the first place?
    For the same reason I would solo heal Deathbringer Saurfang in ICC10, to make the boss die faster. Boss dying faster means less Feuds to deal with.

Deleted
    With FL gear this should be a cakewalk for most healers assuming the dps is good.

Well . Dunno about shamans. But druids can solo heal pretty much all tier 11 normals without a sweat. I know you can position people well enough to pretty much touch everyone with healing rain, and with the nerf they did to it, it should be a joke.

People even solo heal ragnaros in firelands normal so chimaeron normal.... Yes. Yes you can solo it easily.
    Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.