Holy Paladin Discussion

So I recently started healing a lot more in raids on my Holy Paladin. I found that healing on him was fairly easy even though I was trying to heal tanks who were taking massive damage income. So I guess my question is, should I change my stats around a little bit more?

An Armory Link will be Posted Soon (No Permission Yet, Sorry Guys)

That said, I will also post a rough idea of my stats so you guys can judge even if I am not in my holy spec on WoW Armory:

Item Level Score: ~358

Unbuffed -

Health: 124k
    Mana: 99k
    Combat Regen: 2970-3030
    Spell Power: 6900+
    Critical Chance: 18-19%
    Haste: 12.5+%
    Mastery: Around 13?

Now obviously, I know I need more mana, but how do the rest of my stat ratios look considering my Item Level Score in Holy Gear?
    Secondly, my role in raids is generally tank healing, so consider that factor as well please.
    If I am missing any information that will help answer my question(s), please ask and I will post an updated information tag in this post.
    Also, if anyone has any questions about their paladin's/s' gear/spec/etc, feel free to post here please.

Thanks guys,
    SSGPETERSEN (AKA Majestical-Frostmane)

---------- Post added 2011-08-28 at 12:44 PM ----------

Also, if you have any questions and can't find the answers here on MMO-Champion, feel free to send me a message guys, I will try to answer the question or steer you in the right direction!

- SSGPETERSEN (AKA Majestical-Frostmane)
    Last edited by SSGPETERSEN; 2011-08-28 at 05:48 PM.

Do you mind logging out in your healing gear? this is the link to your armory but your in your tanking gear

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tical/advanced
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Deleted
    Hello there,

Judging by your raw stats for your item level, it looks fine to me. Basically you just want to follow the general stat priority, which in most of the cases is: int > spi > haste > crit=mastery.

Mastery stacking is apparently another viable option if you're on heavy tank healing duty. I got no experience with that myself, so I'll leave that to others to discuss .

Good luck further!

Deleted
    i noticed a few things i would change:

Hands and boots: get the haste enchant (+50)
    Neck, reforge mastery to spirit
    Cloak: Mastery > haste
    Hands: Reforge your crit to haste
    Ring 1: Crit > Haste

I also would advice you to get the Tsunami trinket as its bis apart from shard of wow and Jaws of Defeat!

the intellect is mainly a gear (ilvl) problem.

Bloodbad went over most of the big things. I would work on getting 2 piece T12 as soon as you can. The mana you get back from holy shock is very nice. I would get core and DMC:T as both are pretty easy to get and big upgrades over what you are using. The first piece I would change out is the legs to T12 that will be a big upgrade for and you be itemized correctly. Other than that not looking to bad.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Deleted
    I would switch 1 point from Improved Judgements into Last Word.
    Also I would recommend to use the Mastery/Movementspeed enchant for boots.

The rest is fine, given one minute of inspection.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myridia View Post
    I would switch 1 point from Improved Judgements into Last Word.
    I actually recommend switching it to Enlightened Judgements 2/2 to hit cap yourself (he needs 2/2 at that gear level). Last Word is a reasonable option though as is Blessed Life 1/2. I agree that 32/5/4 builds are > 31/5/5 builds though.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I plan to try to remember to log out with my healing gear on from now on. Sorry about that, should be on now also.

---------- Post added 2011-08-29 at 12:00 PM ----------

Thanks a ton guys and gals, I am going to be working on getting the items suggested above by a few of you, also I am going to reforge, once I get all of that I will check back here to see if anyone else needs help, or if anyone else has posted anything to help me out.

As far as me being able to hit or not, generally I haven't seen any issues so far from that angle. So I don't think I will pick up Enlightened Judgements quite yet. Also, Last Word 1/2 puts me at nearly 75% Critical Chance in a Raid, so I don't see using the the second point there as being a huge amount of help right now. Also 1/2 Blessed Life... let's just say that it's very rare that I take any direct damage from anything, thus making that talent useless to me currently. Divinity and Eternal Glory have been picked up for fairly good reasons - Increased healing... where to go wrong????? And chance to be able to cast a second free Word of Glory, why not???? If I were going to drop points from anywhere it would have to be Improved Judgements.

Anyways, thanks guys!

---------- Post added 2011-08-29 at 12:13 PM ----------

Update: All Reforged Gear Suggestions have been considered and updated.

Last edited by SSGPETERSEN; 2011-08-29 at 05:14 PM.

I had been using PoJ spec up until heroic-staghelm.
    I feel terribad for using it for so long. I was not aware how great EG was.
    However, on Domo heroic, not having 2/2 Improved Judgement is EXTREMELY noticeable.

You missed the reforge on your belt. You want to go crit>spirit.

You want to change the enchant on your gloves to haste. Also make sure you get the enchant for your shoulders.

Also, since you're not using a Pursuit of Justice spec, you may want to use the Mastery/Movespeed enchant to boots: Lavawalker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobley View Post
    I had been using PoJ spec up until heroic-staghelm.
    I feel terribad for using it for so long. I was not aware how great EG was.
    However, on Domo heroic, not having 2/2 Improved Judgement is EXTREMELY noticeable.
    Pursuit of Justice was imo the best spec pre-4.2. After the Word of Glory buff though, yeah, it's extremely hard to justify it.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines